Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Which Christmas plant is your favorite? Holly or mistletoe. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:38 pm

1. Christmas, Florida, greets visitors with a fully decorated 25-foot-tall evergreen — 365 days a year.

2. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, wraps its downtown in 5,500 strands (or two miles' worth!) of lights, as seen in the photo above.

3. Santa Claus, Indiana, recruits 150 "elves" to reply to letters (some 11,000 annually) that arrive for the city's namesake.

4. North Pole, Alaska, trucks in 2.2 million pounds of ice to build its annual winter wonderland of frozen sculptures.

5. Snowflake, Arizona, serves up to 1,000 cups of hot cocoa after the town's annual holiday parade.

6. Noel, Missouri, floats a locally-cut cedar tree atop a 144-square-foot raft to create a festive reflection in the Elk River each December.

7. Rudolph, Wisconsin, remembers the red-nosed reindeer of the same name all year long with 40 street signs featuring a silhouette of the famous creature.

8. Evergreen, Alabama, adorns downtown sidewalks with over 30 Christmas trees.

9. Joy, Illinois, processes more than 12,800 cards that come through the town's mail system during the holidays to receive a special postmark.

10. Christmas Valley, Oregon, concludes its annual parade and caroling by serving around 400 cookies — that's more than the town's total population!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:41 pm

All the gifts in the Twelve Days of Christmas would equal 364 gifts. :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:43 pm

The traditional three colors of Christmas are green, red, and gold. Green has long been a symbol of life and rebirth; red symbolizes the blood of Christ, and gold represents light as well as wealth and royalty. :merrysanta:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Christmas trees have been sold in the U.S. since 1850. :snowtree: :thumbs: :treegifts: :treeclap: :treehat: :treewiggle: :merrytree: :peek: :treeswave:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:53 am

My brother is here and I still am sick. I won't be postingtil healed. Christmas blessings everyone.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:56 am

Noel+ wrote:My brother is here and I still am sick. I won't be postingtil healed. Christmas blessings everyone.

I hear you. I am at work........well sitting upright in the chair........not sure how much work will actually get done. my goal is to get through the day and not have to lay on the floor and take a nap. I could close my eyes and sleep till Christmas. :sleephat:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:00 am

Dragging myself back to work today.
I watched the Christmas in July episode of Miss Fisher's mysteries. It was good, but I really hope they do a Australian Summer Christmas episode. That would be too fun.
We have been watching a few movies, but I have not decorated yet. I am not sure I will bother with Christmas in July this year other than watching movies. We are so wiped out by this super flu. Have an overnight cruise this weekend, looking forward to that and then sleeping my week's vacation away. I am glad we did not have tickets for Copenhagen this year. Cancelling would have killed my Christmas heart.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:35 am

CandyKane wrote:Which Christmas plant is your favorite? Holly or mistletoe. :holly1:

You're too funny CandyKane.
My favorite Christmas plant is mistletoe.

:snowkiss:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:37 am

CandyKane wrote:1. Christmas, Florida, greets visitors with a fully decorated 25-foot-tall evergreen — 365 days a year.

2. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, wraps its downtown in 5,500 strands (or two miles' worth!) of lights, as seen in the photo above.

3. Santa Claus, Indiana, recruits 150 "elves" to reply to letters (some 11,000 annually) that arrive for the city's namesake.

4. North Pole, Alaska, trucks in 2.2 million pounds of ice to build its annual winter wonderland of frozen sculptures.

5. Snowflake, Arizona, serves up to 1,000 cups of hot cocoa after the town's annual holiday parade.

6. Noel, Missouri, floats a locally-cut cedar tree atop a 144-square-foot raft to create a festive reflection in the Elk River each December.

7. Rudolph, Wisconsin, remembers the red-nosed reindeer of the same name all year long with 40 street signs featuring a silhouette of the famous creature.

8. Evergreen, Alabama, adorns downtown sidewalks with over 30 Christmas trees.

9. Joy, Illinois, processes more than 12,800 cards that come through the town's mail system during the holidays to receive a special postmark.

10. Christmas Valley, Oregon, concludes its annual parade and caroling by serving around 400 cookies — that's more than the town's total population!

Great Christmas facts! :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:39 am

CandyKane wrote:All the gifts in the Twelve Days of Christmas would equal 364 gifts. :santagifts:

That would make Christ the gift on day 365. Christmas Day!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:40 am

Noel+ wrote:My brother is here and I still am sick. I won't be postingtil healed. Christmas blessings everyone.

Get better soon my Christmas friend. :cry:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:45 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Dragging myself back to work today.
I watched the Christmas in July episode of Miss Fisher's mysteries. It was good, but I really hope they do a Australian Summer Christmas episode. That would be too fun.
We have been watching a few movies, but I have not decorated yet. I am not sure I will bother with Christmas in July this year other than watching movies. We are so wiped out by this super flu. Have an overnight cruise this weekend, looking forward to that and then sleeping my week's vacation away. I am glad we did not have tickets for Copenhagen this year. Cancelling would have killed my Christmas heart.

You get better soon too my Christmas friend. :cry:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:52 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:03 am

Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:03 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:36 am

Continued prayers Christmas friend for your healing and for the rest of your family not to get it. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:38 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

We could learn a lot from Buddy the Christmas Elf. :elfgrin: :elf:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:39 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas!!!

Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas to you! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:41 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:All the gifts in the Twelve Days of Christmas would equal 364 gifts. :santagifts:

That would make Christ the gift on day 365. Christmas Day!

Exactly! I like the way your Christmas mind works. :nav2: :nav1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter