2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:14 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:
Noel+ wrote:What a Friday! It seems 'trouble always comes in 3s' saying is true.

While cleaning house the vacuum broke. [I purchased it in February and for a Hoover this is a short life span]

The shower nozzle broke again so a plumber was called for expensive repairs.

Then, content my house was safe from a flooding shower, I went to run errands. But, err...........the car wouldn't start. It's parked in the garage and the battery was totally dead. My brother tells me nowadays they just die on you without warning.

The good news? My sweet nephew drove over to rescue me! He pushed the car out of the garage and onto the street, gave me a jump start all on a 15 minute work break! What a sweetie! Then off to Sears for a new battery.

With these unexpected costs, we won't be spending money either Jennifer. BUT........my Granny & folks always said during hard times they had the best Christmas! It refocuses us on the true meaning without so much distraction and that's our goal this year! :D

Praying that this is the end of your breakdowns! What a wonderful nephew you have! Sometimes when we just can't take anymore a wonderful person steps in and helps us out!
Last winter our furnace broke down and both of our vehicles at the same time. I was a wreck. How was my husband to get to work? A wonderful amazing friend (also a mechanic) lent us his truck and fixed both our vehicles. I still get choked up when I think how generous and kind and selfless he was.

I am so thrilled that my sons Christmas gift arrived yesterday! I was getting very nervous that we might not have it in time for Christmas. So thankful to a very helpful and knowledgeable sales lady that straightened everything out. :smilecc:

So very happy your son's Christmas gift arrives yeaterday, MM! :smilecc: :smilecc:

And thanks for sharing your story about God sends us angels on earth to help us out amidst trying circumstances. What a wonderful friend you had to help you!
A great thought to ponder leading up to Christmas!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:15 am

tinseltown wrote:Sorry to hear about your differculties Noel Keep Praying ! Blitzed the houser today from top to bottom and decorated my attic and bedroom :smilecc: will start the lounge tomorrow and monday the tree FINALLY :smilecc: So happy :D Be blessed CAY friends x

You sound like a Christmas elf, tinseltown! I'm amazed at all you accomplished in such a short time. When finished, please post some pictures for us to share in your joy! :gbhouse:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:16 am

Today was a quiet one of rest, Christmas movies on Hallmark, and good healthy food. I feel revived!! :D :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:26 am

Noel, I hope things turn around for you. Sending you heartfelt Christmas wishes.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:28 am

The local radio station has started 24 hour Christmas music!!! Of course, I was a little ahead of them with my iPod.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, I hope things turn around for you. Sending you heartfelt Christmas wishes.

Thanks so much kiwidogy! Today was MUCH better! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:37 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:The local radio station has started 24 hour Christmas music!!! Of course, I was a little ahead of them with my iPod.

i hear ya! I found the holiday channel on DirecTV Sonic system on November 1st and have cd loaded in my car for total 24/7 Christmas music! ENJOY!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Noel - sorry to hear about your woes. You are definitely in my prayers. :angelpray:

I've posted Cruise pics on my facebook and will be adding them to my flickr soon as well as the Bronner's Christmas Wonderland pics too! We're having a trouble with disk space - seems we took a lot of pics and they don't all fit on the hard drive. Hubby's cleaning up some things so it shouldn't be much longer now.

On the Cruise, I didn't really notice that there were a lot of kids. There are many adult only areas. And of the tour we took of Nassau, my kids were the youngest and very well-behaved (or a little bit bored at times).
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:34 pm

We are going to be getting our Christmas tree next Saturday! I am also looking forward to setting up our outside lights this week. I am looking forward to having a porch to decorate, for the first time!! We also have some small bushes out front to decorate as well.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:25 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:Noel - sorry to hear about your woes. You are definitely in my prayers. :angelpray:

I've posted Cruise pics on my facebook and will be adding them to my flickr soon as well as the Bronner's Christmas Wonderland pics too! We're having a trouble with disk space - seems we took a lot of pics and they don't all fit on the hard drive. Hubby's cleaning up some things so it shouldn't be much longer now.

On the Cruise, I didn't really notice that there were a lot of kids. There are many adult only areas. And of the tour we took of Nassau, my kids were the youngest and very well-behaved (or a little bit bored at times).

Looking forward to viewing your vacation pix Mrs. C! It's good to know DIsney lives up to their namesake when it comes to a cruise!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:27 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:We are going to be getting our Christmas tree next Saturday! I am also looking forward to setting up our outside lights this week. I am looking forward to having a porch to decorate, for the first time!! We also have some small bushes out front to decorate as well.

Traveling to my sister's, after my brother arrives Wednesday for our Thanksgiving Day. The day after my brother is going to put up my tree! Then the decorating starts! By December 1st the Christmas cards are mailed! Then I get to enjoy the decorations a week before the holiday baking projects. I love Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:11 am

Hi Cay friends just finished my tree, heaven :smilecc: Hubby in the village collecting olives , dad arrives from the UK next week for his first christmas here and my daughter doing her practical so working split shifts so im going to have some me time , christmas films ,christmas carols and the odd tipple :laugh: Only fly in the ointment is my tooth is infected AGAIN and back on antibioctics and suppose to have root canal on wednesday so please pray as not very brave in a dentist chair :cry: Lovely to read all your posts and i will try and post some pics soon . Be blessed :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 am

Good luck at the dentist! I hope they can take care of this once and for all. I am sure your Christmas tree looks wonderful!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 am

I am hoping to put up my Christmas village this week as well.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby tinseltown » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:43 am

:gbhouse: Thanks Kiwidogy i hope they finish with this tooth as well, fed up with it . On a brighter note yeah the tree looks great and your christmas village sounds wonderful . Try and post some pictures please and happy decorating :gbhouse:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:55 am

WOW! Everyone has been busy with their Christmas decorating and a lot of life issues. I pray that all things will be resolved soon so we all can have a wonderful Christmas time.

We have been busy hear this weekend also. The entire house was cleaned and decorated. But unfortunately my wife says we can't turn on any Christmas lights until Thanksgiving Day. It was one of the conditions for decorating early. Hopefully she'll give in and we'll turn them on sooner.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:31 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:WOW! Everyone has been busy with their Christmas decorating and a lot of life issues. I pray that all things will be resolved soon so we all can have a wonderful Christmas time.

We have been busy hear this weekend also. The entire house was cleaned and decorated. But unfortunately my wife says we can't turn on any Christmas lights until Thanksgiving Day. It was one of the conditions for decorating early. Hopefully she'll give in and we'll turn them on sooner.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Just enjoy the anticipation. There is a certain amount of christmas fun in waiting for just the right moment.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:37 am

Last night my girlfriend and I talked about how to decorate the porch or Christmas. We both thought icicle lights would be nice. Garland and lights wrapped around the railings and posts. I can't wait to get started.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 am

I start every day now with a Christmas song as my alarm clock. What a great way to start the day!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:42 am

Tomorrow is my last day of work before getting the rest of the week off. This week I really feel comfortable showing off just how much I love Christmas!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter