2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:22 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends just finished my tree, heaven :smilecc: Hubby in the village collecting olives , dad arrives from the UK next week for his first christmas here and my daughter doing her practical so working split shifts so im going to have some me time , christmas films ,christmas carols and the odd tipple :laugh: Only fly in the ointment is my tooth is infected AGAIN and back on antibioctics and suppose to have root canal on wednesday so please pray as not very brave in a dentist chair :cry: Lovely to read all your posts and i will try and post some pics soon . Be blessed :smilecc:

Tinseltown, you are definitely in my prayers about your root canal. They do take time to heal. Hope you can enjoy some of the Turkey Day feast!

As for your dad and family celebrating together, how wonderful! Congrats! on finishing your Christmas tree! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:22 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am hoping to put up my Christmas village this week as well.

How lovely, kiwidogy! Enjoy your Christmas village!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:24 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:WOW! Everyone has been busy with their Christmas decorating and a lot of life issues. I pray that all things will be resolved soon so we all can have a wonderful Christmas time.

We have been busy hear this weekend also. The entire house was cleaned and decorated. But unfortunately my wife says we can't turn on any Christmas lights until Thanksgiving Day. It was one of the conditions for decorating early. Hopefully she'll give in and we'll turn them on sooner.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Oh, how joyful to have completed all your Christmas decorating! And you have a couple of days left to wait to turn on the lights! I'll just be getting up the artificial tree, with my brother, this weekend. I am so far behind you..........but I'll catch up! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:25 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Tomorrow is my last day of work before getting the rest of the week off. This week I really feel comfortable showing off just how much I love Christmas!

How special to have the whole week of Thanksgiving off! And that'll give you a jump start on celebrating Christmas. There will be lots of Christmas movies on all the channels! ENJOY! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 am

Thank you Noel. I hope you and all of the CAY'ers have a great Thanksgiving! It is hard to believe we have less than 100 posts left to meet our goal of 2000 by Christmas. Keep up the great work Christmas lovers!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:20 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:WOW! Everyone has been busy with their Christmas decorating and a lot of life issues. I pray that all things will be resolved soon so we all can have a wonderful Christmas time.

We have been busy hear this weekend also. The entire house was cleaned and decorated. But unfortunately my wife says we can't turn on any Christmas lights until Thanksgiving Day. It was one of the conditions for decorating early. Hopefully she'll give in and we'll turn them on sooner.

Oh, how joyful to have completed all your Christmas decorating! And you have a couple of days left to wait to turn on the lights! I'll just be getting up the artificial tree, with my brother, this weekend. I am so far behind you..........but I'll catch up! :wink:

We may be putting our Christmas decorations up at different times, but our Christmas spirit has been up all year long! :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:30 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:We may be putting our Christmas decorations up at different times, but our Christmas spirit has been up all year long! :D

Amen........

Hope to do some decorating this weekend after the Christmas cleaning!

:gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Hello Everyone. I thought I should stop by and explain my absence the last few weeks. My Mom passed away the first of November. It was completely unexpected and a total shock to everyone. She hasn't even been sick, yet she had a massive heart attack and never recovered. I am heartbroken as I have always been so close to my Mom. My dd has also been very close to her. We are all doing well, actually much better than I thought we would. I credit Mom with my great love of Christmas. It's very hard but we are going ahead with our holiday plans. I will be cooking Thanksgiving for my Dad this year. Dd had her kindergarten class party today. They all dressed as pilgrims and Native Americans. It was precious. Then we had a big traditional Thanksgiving feast in the lunchroom. It was so good. Thanking God for all the blessings I have in my life, and for the wonderful Mother that he gave me. :rabstar:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:10 pm

CandyKane wrote: Thanking God for all the blessings I have in my life, and for the wonderful Mother that he gave me. :rabstar:

So sorry to hear about your mother´s passing. I am sure that no matter how such things happen, it is never easy. Your Christmas friends will keep you in their prayers. :snowman1:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 pm

So sorry about your mum Candycane . You are in my prayers x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:56 pm

My heart breaks for you and your family CandyKane. May God give you the peace that only comes from knowing Him.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

Just enjoy the anticipation. There is a certain amount of christmas fun in waiting for just the right moment.

I have to confess. I turn on all the Christmas lights when she's not home. :P
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:07 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Thank you Noel. I hope you and all of the CAY'ers have a great Thanksgiving! It is hard to believe we have less than 100 posts left to meet our goal of 2000 by Christmas. Keep up the great work Christmas lovers!

I predict we will have 2000 Christmas posts before December 1st.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

We may be putting our Christmas decorations up at different times, but our Christmas spirit has been up all year long! :D

What a true and beautiful sentiment Christmas Crazy! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:09 pm

CandyKane wrote:Hello Everyone. I thought I should stop by and explain my absence the last few weeks. My Mom passed away the first of November. It was completely unexpected and a total shock to everyone. She hasn't even been sick, yet she had a massive heart attack and never recovered. I am heartbroken as I have always been so close to my Mom. My dd has also been very close to her. We are all doing well, actually much better than I thought we would. I credit Mom with my great love of Christmas. It's very hard but we are going ahead with our holiday plans. I will be cooking Thanksgiving for my Dad this year. Dd had her kindergarten class party today. They all dressed as pilgrims and Native Americans. It was precious. Then we had a big traditional Thanksgiving feast in the lunchroom. It was so good. Thanking God for all the blessings I have in my life, and for the wonderful Mother that he gave me. :rabstar:

Sweet CC, you and your family are in our prayers. I know how hard this is for you .......May the peace of our Lord's Spirit continue to comfort you! Making new memories is part of the process and I am proud of you for continuing to celebrate Christmas with joy.

Wishing you & your family a comforting Thanksgiving Day. :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Thank you Noel. I hope you and all of the CAY'ers have a great Thanksgiving! It is hard to believe we have less than 100 posts left to meet our goal of 2000 by Christmas. Keep up the great work Christmas lovers!

Onward to 2000 before Christmas! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Candy Cane- I am sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family have a peaceful and relaxing Thanksgiving and Christmas. I remember when my grandmother passed away before Thanksgiving when I was 17. I always think of her when the holidays come around. I always smile...
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 pm

If you're watching a Thanksgiving parade on Thursday, which one will you watch?
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on CBS at 9:00 am (Eastern).
McDonalds Thanksgiving Day Parade on WGN at 9:00 am (Eastern).
Or another one.

Remember, :santa: Santa will end the parade and start the Christmas season.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:38 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

CandyKane wrote:Hello Everyone. I thought I should stop by and explain my absence the last few weeks. My Mom passed away the first of November. It was completely unexpected and a total shock to everyone. She hasn't even been sick, yet she had a massive heart attack and never recovered. I am heartbroken as I have always been so close to my Mom. My dd has also been very close to her. We are all doing well, actually much better than I thought we would. I credit Mom with my great love of Christmas. It's very hard but we are going ahead with our holiday plans. I will be cooking Thanksgiving for my Dad this year. Dd had her kindergarten class party today. They all dressed as pilgrims and Native Americans. It was precious. Then we had a big traditional Thanksgiving feast in the lunchroom. It was so good. Thanking God for all the blessings I have in my life, and for the wonderful Mother that he gave me. :rabstar:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 pm

I had no idea we had a choice of parades on Thursday morning! I had never heard of the McDonalds one. Christmas time is upon us!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter