CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:57 pm

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:50 am

Merry Friday Christmas! I was listening to an audio book called Dashing through the Snow on the way to work by Carol Higgins Clark (I think). I have either read the book or heard the audiobook before. Either way, I know it is enjoyable.

Hubby is away and it is just me and the cats! It's really not that much time. I will work today as usual, tomorrow is laundry, bathroom, litterbox-the usual routine. I will make pumpkin tarts in the afternoon and cook my tiny chicken all the while listening to Thanksgiving OTR and maybe watching either The Thanksgiving House or some other movie. I noticed that What's Cooking is on Feeln it is a hilarious movie that is almost as much fun as Christmas. :thanks:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:13 am

MERRY FRIDAY CHRISTMAS !!

Jolly your weekend plans sound busy and fun. I love having time to myself every few months. Enjoy What's Cooking -- it really is a hoot. Enjoy your Thanksgiving OTR as we get closer to Christmas. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:13 am

Look what the Orkin man found yesterday in my shed! EEK! That's a big rattlesnake. The non-Christmas fun of living in the desert during drought time. :shock:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:18 am

For me I'm hoping for a quiet Friday. Today and tomorrow is crammed with cleaning chores. And work on Sunday evening. The Orkin man did a good job yesterday and we should bug-free as we countdown to Christmas.

Jolly, CandyKane & Christmas Crazy [and all CAYers] have a great Friday too. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeJP23YsFsg

There is the link to The Thanksgiving Promise staring Lloyd and Beau Bridges. Warning: have hankies handy. It is a sad as a kid who gets coal on Christmas morning.

Another hilarious one I have not seen in YEARS is called Thanksgiving Dinner with Mary Tyler Moore and.........Tony Curtis. I would give up this year's Christmas presents to be able to find that again.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFADA9djzwg

There is a snippet of the Mary Tyler Moore Movie called Thanksgiving Day. I had the wrong title. Would still love to get that for Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:51 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 77 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:57 am

Noel+ wrote:Look what the Orkin man found yesterday in my shed! EEK! That's a big rattlesnake. The non-Christmas fun of living in the desert during drought time. :shock:

Wow Noel! That is a big one. Dad saw two rattlesnakes at his place this summer but thankfully we've not seen any at ours. Although we do have more than our fair share of copperheads and cotton mouths. And saw the biggest black snake I've ever seen trying to make its way to our Silkies pen this summer. Thankfully all my little fluffy babies were fine. Glad the Orkin man found it and not you or one of your family members. That would be no Christmas fun. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:03 am

Noel+ wrote:For me I'm hoping for a quiet Friday. Today and tomorrow is crammed with cleaning chores. And work on Sunday evening. The Orkin man did a good job yesterday and we should bug-free as we countdown to Christmas.

Thank you Noel! I'm doing something new with my housecleaning routine. I usually listen to Christmas music or put a movie on to hear in the background. But now I put on swagbuck videos too to earn points. You don't have to sit and watch them. Just click to the next one once in a while. Swag bucks is a great way to earn gift cards for Christmas gifts. :shop: :shop: :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Pretjah » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:20 am

Just want to post some christmas movie themed pictures cause, well because i like them lol

Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:39 am

I like them too Pretjah! Thanks for the Christmas inspiration. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:30 am

Pretjah Thanks for the great Christmas movie clips. The made my morning. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:31 am

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:For me I'm hoping for a quiet Friday. Today and tomorrow is crammed with cleaning chores. And work on Sunday evening. The Orkin man did a good job yesterday and we should bug-free as we countdown to Christmas.

Thank you Noel! I'm doing something new with my housecleaning routine. I usually listen to Christmas music or put a movie on to hear in the background. But now I put on swagbuck videos too to earn points. You don't have to sit and watch them. Just click to the next one once in a while. Swag bucks is a great way to earn gift cards for Christmas gifts. :shop: :shop: :shop:

CandyKane that is a smart Christmas plan! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Happy Friday Christmas friends! I hope every one is well. I am enjoying the Autumn weather and colours. Our turkey is defrosting for Sunday. I am cooking a ham tonight for when my sister and BIL arrive. And tomorrow we are off to a mid afternoon meal at my Aunts before one of our kiddies has hockey. Our Aunt is so wonderful. She didn't care what time we came for a visit a long as we could come.
I wish everyone celebrating Thanksgiving and everyone here a wonderful weekend full of family and love.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Mistletoe Misfit! Wishing you & your family a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving. Your plans sound lovrly & the scenery must be stunning. Thinking of you.....

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:38 pm

Laying in bed with one cat looking at the nice upcoming fall movies on the hallmark channel webpage. I hope they show up on Feeln. That would be too Christmas fun.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:39 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Happy Friday Christmas friends! I hope every one is well. I am enjoying the Autumn weather and colours. Our turkey is defrosting for Sunday. I am cooking a ham tonight for when my sister and BIL arrive. And tomorrow we are off to a mid afternoon meal at my Aunts before one of our kiddies has hockey. Our Aunt is so wonderful. She didn't care what time we came for a visit a long as we could come.
I wish everyone celebrating Thanksgiving and everyone here a wonderful weekend full of family and love.

Welcome back Christmas friend. We too celebrate Swedish thanksgiving this weekend. :peekleaves2:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9SglcuEPis

Happy Thanksgiving Saturday Christmas Friends! My regular chores are done, waiting to go to the laundromat. IN between laundry runs (its in the basement), I will be making my pumpkin tarts. I found something orange and frozen in the freezer so I am thawing it. It seems to be orange and pumpkin tasting. Swedes use the Word "pumpa" for any kind of squash including butternut and what Americans consider pumpkins. I Think I used it at the Church cafe to make a pie out of. If it turns out okay, it means i can use my canned pumpkin for something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9SglcuEPis

In the meantime, here is one of my favorite OTR Thanksgiving episodes. It amazes me how many of the OTR thanksgiving eps center on the lack of "essential" ingredients. Our Miss Brooks is Another of my favorite Thanskgiving eps. :thanks:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:58 am

Jolly I hope your Thanksgiving celebration is a grand one. Enjoy the cooking and of course the eating! Next big meal will be Christmas! :D

Thanks too for the OTR links.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter