CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:16 am

Pear amrosia sounds Lovely. A bit different from my usual Christmas recipe, so that is perfect. Watching What's Cooking last night reminded me why holidays spent in one's own Company can be quite peaceful. I had an exhausting day yesterday, but it was fun. I have been to Church and might have time for a nap Before Perky comes home. HOpefully he will be home in time for the chopping of the veggies for dinner.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:25 am

Noel+ wrote:Last Christmas our total posts on December 31 was 1369. Our goal had been 2500 posts by December 24 at midnight. The deadline cannot be extended past Christmas Day to keep the promised goal.

Noel no post deadline has been extended. This is a new goal set for this thread since there wasn't one set when this thread was started. Just having a little Christmas fun! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:27 am

I'm up way too early but since my plan is to actually get out of pajamas today I thought I'd get an early start. :lol: Have a great Sunday Christmas friends. :snowjump:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:41 pm

CandyKane wrote:I'm up way too early but since my plan is to actually get out of pajamas today I thought I'd get an early start. :lol: Have a great Sunday Christmas friends. :snowjump:

I could use a pajama day. Staying home and watching Christmas Movies tomorrow sounds like heaven. Too bad I have to work. Hm....then again it is an American holiday. I could at least go in late and leave early. 92 hours in flex time. :-)

Happy Columbus Day Weekend USA!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Just had thanskgiving dinner take 2: just like thanksgiving chicken, leftover stuffing, leftover brussel sprouts, and soon leftover pumpkin pie. Perky said he is as stuffed as a thanksgiving (or Christmas) turkey. :dinner: :thanks:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:00 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Pear amrosia sounds Lovely. A bit different from my usual Christmas recipe, so that is perfect. Watching What's Cooking last night reminded me why holidays spent in one's own Company can be quite peaceful. I had an exhausting day yesterday, but it was fun. I have been to Church and might have time for a nap Before Perky comes home. HOpefully he will be home in time for the chopping of the veggies for dinner.

Time alone, at semi-regular intervals, is essential to my well being. And I think that is true of most people. For some people I know they only want a couple of hours a few times a year. For me, I make room for atleast 1 hour daily. It usually is when everyone else is asleep. It's my time with God, myself, and to indulge in my favorite book or Christmas movie. It keeps me at peace. So glad you enjoyed your time Jolly: its good for the soul! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:02 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Last Christmas our total posts on December 31 was 1369. Our goal had been 2500 posts by December 24 at midnight. The deadline cannot be extended past Christmas Day to keep the promised goal.

Noel no post deadline has been extended. This is a new goal set for this thread since there wasn't one set when this thread was started. Just having a little Christmas fun! :smilecc:

Yes, CandyKane. My point was it took until 12/31 in 2014 to reach less than 1700 posts. The true count ends Christmas Day. Some members left in 2014 because a post goal made them feel they were not contributing [according to their PMs] as often as some members. That's why I did not set a post goal for 2015.

A goal can be a good thing: let's see if we make it by Christmas. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Time for church: please have a blessed Sunday as we count down the days til Christmas! :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:41 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just had thanskgiving dinner take 2: just like thanksgiving chicken, leftover stuffing, leftover brussel sprouts, and soon leftover pumpkin pie. Perky said he is as stuffed as a thanksgiving (or Christmas) turkey. :dinner: :thanks:

Yay! I love Thanksgiving and Christmas leftovers.
Happy Thanksgiving Take 2!!!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:51 pm

1950 Christmas Posts!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:

Yes, CandyKane. My point was it took until 12/31 in 2014 to reach less than 1700 posts. The true count ends Christmas Day. Some members left in 2014 because a post goal made them feel they were not contributing [according to their PMs] as often as some members. That's why I did not set a post goal for 2015.

:think: Doesn't make sense to me that people would wanna leave but everyone's free to do as they choose. I've been here a long time and we've had lots of post goal threads. I've even started them. My thoughts have always been if you don't like a thread, don't post in it. The great thing about this site is you always feel welcome to start your own threads. Noel you do a great job as moderator. No matter how good or well intentioned, someone will always be unhappy. Sorry to interrupt my favorite Christmas thread on my favorite Christmas website with Grinchy thoughts. :grinch: Switching my brain back to sugarplums now. : :elf: smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Here is a toast to Sugarplumb Christmas thoughts CandyKane! :merrytree: :snowhouse: :merrytree:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:03 pm

Having a common goal makes things fun and interesting. Weather you're looking for something, promoting something, or just counting something like Christmas posts. It's much better with like minded friends with the same goal. And here at CAY, anyone can join in at any time. We don't judge.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:50 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:

That makes me as sad. A goal is a nice thing but members should never feel pressured to keep up. I have not kept exact count, but I can think off the top of the head of about 5 members who are here pretty much all the time. Some who pop up closer to the holiday season and others who pop up occasionally throughout the year. All are valuable in their own right. Real life should always come first. Christmas All Year is my way of keeping the Christmas joy year round. I hope it is for everyone else. Maybe some or the former members will miss us as Christmas gets closer. :angelpray:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:49 am

We are enjoying the last of the really warm days before the cooler weather moves in this weekend. We have a trip to the pumpkin patch planned so the cooler temps should make it perfect. Have a fantastic Monday Christmas friends! :rockettes:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:18 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:

That makes me as sad. A goal is a nice thing but members should never feel pressured to keep up. I have not kept exact count, but I can think off the top of the head of about 5 members who are here pretty much all the time. Some who pop up closer to the holiday season and others who pop up occasionally throughout the year. All are valuable in their own right. Real life should always come first. Christmas All Year is my way of keeping the Christmas joy year round. I hope it is for everyone else. Maybe some or the former members will miss us as Christmas gets closer. :angelpray:

It makes me sad too Jolly. I can't imagine anyone feeling left out here. But it looks to me like if you were concerned about not contributing the Christmas job levels you reach for your post counts would weigh heavier than one thread with a post goal. I take my job as Rudophs assistant very seriously cause I worked hard to get here. :rudolph: :elfgrin: There is a Christmas home for everyone. They'll have to find theirs and be happy. Like we are! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:21 am

Merry Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:26 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
To all our Christmas friends in Canada.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:28 am

For the last 2 days I've been humming the tune to Frosty the Snowman. :whistle: :snowman1: Not sure where it came from but it's stuck good. Just wishful Christmas thinking I guess. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:39 am

CandyKane wrote:For the last 2 days I've been humming the tune to Frosty the Snowman. :whistle: :snowman1: Not sure where it came from but it's stuck good. Just wishful Christmas thinking I guess. :scene:

That is a wonderful Christmas tune!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter