CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:50 am

Merry Christmas Tuesday!
I am listening to Hallmark Playhouse, the predecessor to those great Hallmark movies many of us enjoy. Why not purchase the set for an OTR loving friend? (no, I don't get anything in return, I just love these programs and this site).
https://www.otrcat.com/p/hallmark-playhouse

I also have no idea how old the site owner is and fear he will die before I get to collect them all. We find that OTR is our primary entertainment these days. It's great for listening to while working at home and for commuting.

End of Christmas commercial. ;-)
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:31 am

https://archive.org/details/HallmarkPlayhouse allows you to listen for free. When I was a kid, the radio show Lum And Abner still played on a local station. My parents would listen to it and it was always funny. I miss the simpler times.

Have a terrific Tuesday Christmas friends. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:50 am

I saw on the news where a new study shows 3 out of 5 Americans will be cutting back and spending less this Christmas. Are you one of them?? :shop: :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:37 am

My life motto on Christmas:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:37 am

CandyKane wrote:I saw on the news where a new study shows 3 out of 5 Americans will be cutting back and spending less this Christmas. Are you one of them?? :shop: :shop:

Not us. We actually were able to budget more money for this Christmas.
If we weren't on a written monthly budget, Christmas would be a financial disaster every year.
Thank you Dave Ramsey!

End of my commercial. :P
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:38 am

Noel+ wrote:My life motto on Christmas:

That is a great life motto on Christmas Noel.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:01 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I saw on the news where a new study shows 3 out of 5 Americans will be cutting back and spending less this Christmas. Are you one of them?? :shop: :shop:

If we weren't on a written monthly budget, Christmas would be a financial disaster every year.
Thank you Dave Ramsey!

That's great Christmas Crazy! I don't expect any big changes in our Christmas spending this year. Year round shopping keeps me on track and budget. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:03 am

I'm finally over Frosty :snowman1: but now I'm stuck on Rudolph :rudolph1: Have a holly jolly Christmas :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :carollers: :sing:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:23 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Thank you Dave Ramsey!

Dave Ramsey's financial classes at church helped us budget/save for Christmas charities & family gifts. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:24 am

CandyKane wrote:I'm finally over Frosty :snowman1: but now I'm stuck on Rudolph :rudolph1: Have a holly jolly Christmas :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :carollers: :sing:

:lol: I've been singing Holly Jolly Christmas All morning too! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:29 am

We are saving for our next trip to Texas and still recovering from hubby's recent unemployment. Christmas presents for him will probably include more work clothes with his pants professionally hemmed. I am embarrassed to send him out the door with my hack jobs any more. I so wish I had paid attention to my mother and gradmother when they sewed. It never occurred to me I would have to do this stuff myself. For myself, I don't care. I am looking forward to our Christmas lunch Cruise and hopefully a Boxing Day Cruise. That's enough Christmas present for me.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:19 am

Dave Ramsey is fabulous. I try to utilize his plans as much as I can. Our biggest budget problem is being self employed and never knowing what your income and expenses will be. I am a plan ahead kind of person. You know the kind who starts planning for next Christmas the day after this Christmas. :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:36 am

CandyKane wrote:I'm finally over Frosty :snowman1: but now I'm stuck on Rudolph :rudolph1: Have a holly jolly Christmas :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :carollers: :sing:

Christmas is in the air.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:42 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:We are saving for our next trip to Texas and still recovering from hubby's recent unemployment. Christmas presents for him will probably include more work clothes with his pants professionally hemmed. I am embarrassed to send him out the door with my hack jobs any more. I so wish I had paid attention to my mother and gradmother when they sewed. It never occurred to me I would have to do this stuff myself. For myself, I don't care. I am looking forward to our Christmas lunch Cruise and hopefully a Boxing Day Cruise. That's enough Christmas present for me.

Your Christmas plans sound so wonderful Jolly.
You just can't beat an intimate Christmas with the one you love.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:We are saving for our next trip to Texas and still recovering from hubby's recent unemployment. Christmas presents for him will probably include more work clothes with his pants professionally hemmed. I am embarrassed to send him out the door with my hack jobs any more. I so wish I had paid attention to my mother and gradmother when they sewed. It never occurred to me I would have to do this stuff myself. For myself, I don't care. I am looking forward to our Christmas lunch Cruise and hopefully a Boxing Day Cruise. That's enough Christmas present for me.

It's not the presents under the tree but the people around the tree that make Christmas a joy! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:12 pm

Let's keep the Christmas countdown going!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Noel+ wrote:

It's not the presents under the tree but the people around the tree that make Christmas a joy! :smilecc:

Happy Tuesday Christmas friends! Noel I love this quote ! Thanks for sharing. :)

The autumn colours here the past week are so amazing. I love this time of year. Looking forward to Christmas.
Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm ready for some Christmas cookies and milk.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Have a lovely Autumn day Mistletoe MISFIT. Christmas is coming soon. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:33 pm

I got a huge stack of Christmas catalogs in the mailbox today. I doubt I'll be ordering anything but it sure is fun to look. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter