2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Saturday I will be going to my 3 year old nephew's birthday party. I am excited to give him his Christmas present... A sled! This will go perfect with the 20+ inches of snow we are getting today. :shop:

What a perfect timing for your gift! Sledding is soooo much fun -- even if Christmas is past! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:41 am

CandyKane wrote:Noel, my friend, you read my mind. I just logged in to start the new thread.

Now remember, in this thread we can talk about anything - how life is going, memorable moments, frustrations, joys, etc.. The only one "rule" is that somewhere in each post you mention the word 'Christmas'. It could be in your greeting or closing - you could just throw it in anywhere as long as it's there.

Have fun and Enjoy! :smilecc:

Great minds think Christmas-alike my friend! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:43 am

CandyKane wrote:For the first time in several years we got all of our Christmas activities in by the big day. It's so nice to kick back and relax now. Tonight it's popcorn and movie night with the family. Feeling very blessed. Life is so different for me now, but it's a good life and I wouldn't trade places with anyone. :scene:

I understand exactly what you mean CK. We'll always miss our Moms = especially at Christmas - but they raised us right! We treasure their memory while looking forward to what God has in store for us in the future. So glad you are feeling blessed! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:44 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:When do ya'll take down your Christmas decorations?

I leave mine up until January 2nd. I want a full 30 days out of 365 glowing in Christmas! And I'm still listening to Christmas carols too! :smilecc:

Our Christmas decorations will stay up until sometime during the first week after January 1.
:gbhouse:

You're singing my song Christmas Crazy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:45 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Watching the "Belk Bowl" tonight after driving 12 hours back to Georgia.

363 Days till Christmas! :P

Happy to read your drive was a safe one, Christmas Crazy, and you're enjoying your time off after Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:46 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I may hit up some after Christmas sales tomorrow. I am looking forward to using some of my coupons! :shop:

Did you go shopping kiwidogy? Did you enjoy it? Hope you found some great bargains. I know they're out there.........I just prefer to cocoon right after Christmas. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:47 am

Last night I crashed early after a day of peaceful family times. So here I am at 2AM checking in at CAY!

Christmas lights are softly glowing, my headset has carols playing, and I'm still enjoying every moment. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:27 am

We didn't get any freezing rain last night. Woohoo! It is VERY foggy this morning but with the temps staying right at freezing, the snow has started to melt. We've enjoyed playing in it, but it's not so fun when we have to get out and feed the animals. As long as the ice stays away, I'm happy. :smilecc: I made a big pot of homemade chili for our supper last night. I thought we would go to my dad's after while and take the leftovers and help him feed his cows. Daddy always told us when we were growing up that the cows don't know it's Christmas, so the farm chores go on. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:33 am

I did a little after Christmas sale shopping yesterday. I found a few really good deals. Mostly I bought things for our Christmas child boxes. :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:20 pm

I leave mine up until January 2nd. I want a full 30 days out of 365 glowing in Christmas! And I'm still listening to Christmas carols too! :smilecc:

Christmas in Sweden lasts until January 13, the "20th" day, but since I claim to get them mixed up, I leave them up until Jan 20 and sometimes after that. I will put away the Advent candles and garden this weekend since I need the table space. But the rest will stay up through most of January. There is a swedish christmas song that says "christmas lasts until Easter". And in the middle ages, it was considered "christmas" until Candlemass, or Feb. 2. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:28 pm

CandyKane wrote:We didn't get any freezing rain last night. Woohoo! It is VERY foggy this morning but with the temps staying right at freezing, the snow has started to melt. We've enjoyed playing in it, but it's not so fun when we have to get out and feed the animals. As long as the ice stays away, I'm happy. :smilecc: I made a big pot of homemade chili for our supper last night. I thought we would go to my dad's after while and take the leftovers and help him feed his cows. Daddy always told us when we were growing up that the cows don't know it's Christmas, so the farm chores go on. :D

Yes, that's so true. As you know, I grew up on a farm and every family member has chores 365 days of the year. The livestock need tending, the eggs need to be gathered, and sometimes crops protected. Still, it is the most beautiful part of life if you ask me I'd be back on a farm!

Hoping the ice stays away as you enjoy the beautiful snow, despite all the hard work CandyKane! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:29 pm

CandyKane wrote:I did a little after Christmas sale shopping yesterday. I found a few really good deals. Mostly I bought things for our Christmas child boxes. :shop:

That's awesome CK! The after-Christmas sales are a good time to find items for the Operation Christmas Child boxes. I didn't go out yesterday, but will try this afternoon. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

Christmas in Sweden lasts until January 13, the "20th" day, but since I claim to get them mixed up, I leave them up until Jan 20 and sometimes after that. I will put away the Advent candles and garden this weekend since I need the table space. But the rest will stay up through most of January. There is a swedish christmas song that says "christmas lasts until Easter". And in the middle ages, it was considered "christmas" until Candlemass, or Feb. 2. :scene:

Just love your new avatar Jennifer! :D

Oh, I love that saying! "Christmas til Easter" definitely is the philosophy of my heart! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:31 pm

We're at 33 posts and page 2 in our new posting challenge. Christmas in our hearts all year long! go team! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 pm

For anyone interested, the Christmas in July dates in the Lundgren Lägenhet will be July 21-28. This is assuming I have not returned to San Antonio to job hunt. We saw turkeys on sale for half the price they were before christmas. Hubby asked if we wanted one, I took out my handy dandy Samsung Galaxy 5 Christmas present and did the math and said, no not yet. Then when we got home it occurred to me that he wanted to buy a turkey to make sure I stayed until Thanksgiving to cook it.

hm..........he is sneaky.............but cute.

oh, and don´t forget we always have Friday Christmases all year long!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf3d1srLhqc

Here is the Christmas song that says Christmas lasts until Easter. The words are translated in the comments.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Tomtemor wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf3d1srLhqc

Here is the Christmas song that says Christmas lasts until Easter. The words are translated in the comments.

Thanks Tomtemor! :D I enjoyed it very much.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Tomtemor wrote:For anyone interested, the Christmas in July dates in the Lundgren Lägenhet will be July 21-28. This is assuming I have not returned to San Antonio to job hunt. We saw turkeys on sale for half the price they were before christmas. Hubby asked if we wanted one, I took out my handy dandy Samsung Galaxy 5 Christmas present and did the math and said, no not yet. Then when we got home it occurred to me that he wanted to buy a turkey to make sure I stayed until Thanksgiving to cook it.

hm..........he is sneaky.............but cute.

oh, and don´t forget we always have Friday Christmases all year long!

That's a very nice gift your hubby chose for you! And it came in handy too on your first shopping trip.

We don't have Friday Christmases here.........I think its a good idea though! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Well, I ventured into the after-Christmas sales at two local big-box stores. Whew! It was very crowded, messy, but there were a lot of Christmas decorations still available. The Toy departments were overwhelmed with children playing as their parents shopped. I need more patience! :|

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:07 pm

I just placed an after Christmas sale order with Bath and Body Works. Usually I would go to the store but with the weather uncertainty I don't want to venture too far from home. I enjoy the after Christmas sales much more than Black Friday shopping. :shop: :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter