CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:still trying to come up with some fun things for undecorating day........anyone have any suggestions for the post christmas blues?

Only my tried & true: Christmas music (instrumental for us today); making new cutout cookie & sharing gratitude for our blessings. That said it is bittersweet that we just packed away Christmas for another year.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Just packed away all Christmas decorations. The small nativity art remains in the tall cabinet for all year. The den closet has our Christmas in July box. Christmas music is softly playing in the background. Leaving the house cleaning tip Monday. The house is do unmagucsl now.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:34 am

Jolly, it is always hard to find inspiration while taking Christmas decorations down.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:35 am

Noel, what is the new cookie cutout this year?
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:16 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, what is the new cookie cutout this year?

is this something you create new every Christmas?
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:17 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:still trying to come up with some fun things for undecorating day........anyone have any suggestions for the post christmas blues?

Only my tried & true: Christmas music (instrumental for us today); making new cutout cookie & sharing gratitude for our blessings. That said it is bittersweet that we just packed away Christmas for another year.

True and there is alot of Christmas OTR on YouTube. I just open a playlist and let it play. I was so born in the wrong era.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:20 am

Noel+ wrote:Just packed away all Christmas decorations. The small nativity art remains in the tall cabinet for all year. The den closet has our Christmas in July box. Christmas music is softly playing in the background. Leaving the house cleaning tip Monday. The house is do unmagucsl now.

I used to leave the nativity set out all year, but found it lost its "charm" and just became a thing to be dusted, and there was not the joy of bringing it out for the new Christmas season. That and we have not had the time to find a good Place in the new apartment yet.

Sort of the same with Friday Christmases. I love to the concept and we will continue them through maybe Easter, but then stop until July as then the joy of hearing Christmas Music again makes it all seem new. :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:13 am

Jolly, I sometimes too feel like I grew up in the wrong era based on the music and traditions of Christmas. Then I laugh because I enjoy the music, movies, and decoration ideas that I find on my iPad and iPhone. Ironic or what! We are just old souls to some extent.
Last edited by kiwidogy_max on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 am

I also like the Christmas Friday's idea as well. In the past I would listen to Christmas music while cleaning on Fridays.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:09 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, what is the new cookie cutout this year?

We found a vintage Hsllmark Ssnts cutout my kiddos love. It is tricky to get the dough out but beautiful (it is embossed) :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Just packed away all Christmas decorations. The small nativity art remains in the tall cabinet for all year. The den closet has our Christmas in July box. Christmas music is softly playing in the background. Leaving the house cleaning tip Monday. The house is do unmagucsl now.

I used to leave the nativity set out all year, but found it lost its "charm" and just became a thing to be dusted, and there was not the joy of bringing it out for the new Christmas season. That and we have not had the time to find a good Place in the new apartment yet.

Sort of the same with Friday Christmases. I love to the concept and we will continue them through maybe Easter, but then stop until July as then the joy of hearing Christmas Music again makes it all seem new. :whistle:

That experience has happened yo us in the past. We chose the very small children's nativity yo keep out but packed away the large art. The small set may come town Christmas in July

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:14 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I also like the Christmas Friday's idea as well. In the past I would listen to Christmas music while cleaning on Fridays.

Kudos to Christmas Crazy for starting that tradition tor us all yo follow. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:11 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Jolly, I sometimes too feel like I grew up in the wrong era based on the music and traditions of Christmas. Then I laugh because I enjoy the music, movies, and decoration ideas that I find on my iPad and iPhone. Ironic or what! We are just old souls to some extant.

I feel the same way Kiwi. I love technology, but when it comes to Christmas music, I like the 30's and 40's music best as well as some 50's and 60's.
Bing, Nat King Cole, Sinatra...
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:39 pm

Christmas Crazy, those eras are my absolute favorite as well for Christmas music. I love Nat, but I have to say one of my favorite songs is Sleigh Ride by the Boston Pops. I love it!!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Noel, that cookie cutter sounds great! Did you make the cookie cutter yourself? If so, how do you make something like that?
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:45 pm

We put the Christmas decorations away today. It is a very sad day for my girlfriend and I. There is still a big naked tree in the living room now, so I still can enjoy that for another day. It still smells wonderful.

I did learn that my parents are leaving up their Christmas tree until the end of January when my brother and sister in law arrive for Christmas from Connecticut. That will be nice! :scene:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:26 am

Back to work tomorrow. I have become more comfortable with the realization that I shouldn't stress as much as I do about it. I need to just show up, do the work I need to, and leave it there. I am realizing that I don't have to love my job. I do it to make money to do the things that I like to do and to have the time to do them (like celebrating my love of Christmas with all of you). That's it. I don't need to put any lofty expectations on it my job. It is simply a very small part of my life compared to my wonderful family and friends. So I am trying to focus on the positives in my life and not let meh job define me or stress me out.

Sorry for the rant. I will get off my soapbox now and climb into bed. Peace and love to you all and thank you for listening.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:31 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, that cookie cutter sounds great! Did you make the cookie cutter yourself? If so, how do you make something like that?

No we found it at a rummage sale. Hallmark used to carry a line years ago. It is red & deeply embossed so the details remain after baking. Its a real find. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:34 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Back to work tomorrow. I have become more comfortable with the realization that I shouldn't stress as much as I do about it. I need to just show up, do the work I need to, and leave it there. I am realizing that I don't have to love my job. I do it to make money to do the things that I like to do and to have the time to do them (like celebrating my love of Christmas with all of you). That's it. I don't need to put any lofty expectations on it my job. It is simply a very small part of my life compared to my wonderful family and friends. So I am trying to focus on the positives in my life and not let meh job define me or stress me out.

Sorry for the rant. I will get off my soapbox now and climb into bed. Peace and love to you all and thank you for listening.

That's not a rant. You are sharing some life wisdom. And in this economy most of us are grateful for any job which means less of us have s job we love.

A job is what we do but it is NOT who we are as a person.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:42 pm

Noel, thank you for the support. This christmas community always makes me feel better.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter