2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I hear on the news that this flu virus has hit a lot people since Christmas.
They also reported it could last a long time since it's only January. (possibly through March) Image

Have alot of friends and family in San Antonio that have been hit by it. One facebook friend has gone to the hospital. no word yet on if they kept him. Here is a hint if you get afflicted, Anders´"soldier´s poison" (he says "potion"), .5 litre of water, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, add lemon juice or other flavoring. Basically it is homemade gatorade, good for diahrrea, throat (that is when I use it), and rebalancing the electrolytes. It tastes terrible, thus the "poison", but is really good for what ails you. It took alot of convincing before I beleived that. It is never nice to be sick after Christmas. :cry: :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:29 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Tinseltown- thank you for the comments on the picture blog. I will definitely add your suggestions to the Christmas shopping tips section!

So great to have more of Christmas :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Noel+ wrote:Well, we're still fighting this post-Christmas flu virus. This is my first time out of bed in 25 hours! Needed to call in family to help with the kiddies. Just checking in with my CAY friends and hoping you're all healthy, safe and having fun!

Healing and Blessings Noel on you and your family x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:57 am

Noel, please feel better. I am sending healthy Happy Christmas vibes your way. My suggestion- 2 Christmas carols every 4 hours.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 am

I would love to hear about the 52 week Christmas Money Challenge as well.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 am

Christmas Crazy- thank you for the kind words about my site. :-)
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:53 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, please feel better. I am sending healthy Happy Christmas vibes your way. My suggestion- 2 Christmas carols every 4 hours.

I have to remember that one next time I am sick.

I had a phone interview this afternoon for a job I applied for yesterday and will have an interview at the recruiter on Monday. Praying for that Christmas miracle! :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:38 pm

The 52 Week Money Challenge has been all over the internet and facebook the last few weeks. Basically the first week you start with $1. Week 2 you add $2, week 3 $3 right through week 52 where you add $52. These could be regular bank deposits or you could just keep the cash at home. When you get to week 52, if you have saved the appropriate amount every week, you will have $1378. Pretty easy way to save for Christmas or anything you want to. You could even reverse it and start with $52, $51, $50, $49........ Just google it for a chart that you can print off and mark off your weeks. :smilecc: If you are keeping cash you could print the chart and tape it to a big glass jar to watch your savings grow and grow. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:42 pm

CandyKane wrote:The 52 Week Money Challenge has been all over the internet and facebook the last few weeks. Basically the first week you start with $1. Week 2 you add $2, week 3 $3 right through week 52 where you add $52. These could be regular bank deposits or you could just keep the cash at home. When you get to week 52, if you have saved the appropriate amount every week, you will have $1378. Pretty easy way to save for Christmas or anything you want to. You could even reverse it and start with $52, $51, $50, $49........ Just google it for a chart that you can print off and mark off your weeks. :smilecc: If you are keeping cash you could print the chart and tape it to a big glass jar to watch your savings grow and grow. :elfgrin:

hm...........it sounds like a good idea , but I think I would hit a cap of what I could save pretty quick. But it can´t hurt to start and see how far I could get............extra money at Christmas is always nice....... :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:23 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, please feel better. I am sending healthy Happy Christmas vibes your way. My suggestion- 2 Christmas carols every 4 hours.

Thanks kiwi! I've upped that Rx by about 10 fold. :lol: Christmas carols can cure most ails!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I hear on the news that this flu virus has hit a lot of people since Christmas.
They also reported it could last a long time since it's only January. (possibly through March) Image

True. It's 3 more weeks before flu season peaks, and this one is expected to run through March.

The duration of the flu, I'm told, is 3 weeks. And then many have a relapse due to the virus mutating.

Our hospitals allow no visitors - not even parents! They've run out of beds. Doctor's are booked for weeks.

And let me tell you, this flu virus is totally debilitating! I set my alarm for water to not dehyrdrate, food snacks to keep the system strong, and then all we do is rest! Christmas carols soothe our souls.

Thanks to all my CAY friends for their prayers. If you can, stay away from public places to stay healthy. Hugs!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:08 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:I hear on the news that this flu virus has hit a lot of people since Christmas.

True. It's 3 more weeks before flu season peaks, and this one is expected to run through March.

The duration of the flu, I'm told, is 3 weeks. And then many have a relapse due to the virus mutating.

Thanks to all my CAY friends for their prayers. If you can, stay away from public places to stay healthy. Hugs!

I´m telling you, soldier´s poison, soldier´s poison, soldier´s poison. Best thing once you are in the recovery stage, keeps the body from becoming dehydrated (too much), and made from common household ingredients.......and for throat issues.

Happy Friday Christmas! Truly a Friday Christmas with music and cleaning since I was sick since New Year´s. :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:34 am

We had done news stories on how hard the flu was hitting Vermont this year. To all those already affected, keep strong and you will get through this. I am sending some strong Christmas medicine your way via prayer.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:36 am

I did add the 52 week $ Challenge to my Christmas website and am participating myself. I am looking forward to using it for Christmas 2013 and giving the credit cards a rest.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:55 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I did add the 52 week $ Challenge to my Christmas website and am participating myself. I am looking forward to using it for Christmas 2013 and giving the credit cards a rest.

I started in crowns (swedish currency). Crowns are not as much as dollars but over 1000 SEK by the end of the year is nothing to sneeze at and more "doable". any extra money at Christmas time is always good. :santa:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:57 am

Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I did add the 52 week $ Challenge to my Christmas website and am participating myself. I am looking forward to using it for Christmas 2013 and giving the credit cards a rest.

I started in crowns (swedish currency). Crowns are not as much as dollars but over 1000 SEK by the end of the year is nothing to sneeze at and more "doable". any extra money at Christmas time is always good. :santa:

Just did the math, definitely not doable at least on unemployment pay which is soon to run out....before Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Merry Friday Christmas!
I hope everyone is feeling a little better today. Flu bug has hit my son who is at college. He went to the doctor and they he would have to just wait it out. They said expect it to last at least 10 days. Yuck! This is day 5 for him.

I'll keep praying for you all. Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Friday Christmas!
I hope everyone is feeling a little better today. Flu bug has hit my son who is at college. He went to the doctor and they he would have to just wait it out. They said expect it to last at least 10 days. Yuck! This is day 5 for him.

soldiers drink...................it is not as good as Christmas eggnog, but works. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Friday Christmas!

soldiers drink...................it is not as good as Christmas eggnog, but works. :dinner:

I'll send him your recipe. Thanks!
Merry Friday Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:49 am

Healing to all those struck with this virus , how awful . Prayers being said for all . Started an Alpha course this week which is a course introducing basic christianity to non believers so your prayers will be appreciated as im in charge and not to good with public speaking . Good news is we have dvds with Greek subtitles now so some men will be joining and praise God our Canadian friend will be over for a visit as this will help with the men attending as ideally a man running it would be better but until that time Gods will be done :smilecc: Having a prayer meet here Tuesday night for our sick friend from Sweden so keep him in your prayers . Monday night im having a post christmas wine and nibble night which basically is using up all my nibbles from the holiday season and any excuse to get together so you are all invited :smilecc: xxx
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter