2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:As for your hubby: the appointment takes so long due to the healthcare plan, right?

The good news! The treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have greatly improved over the last 4-5 years. My parents were on pain meds only, but they have better options now. Both of you are in my prayers for comfort, strength and peace from God! HUGS :merrysleigh: [/color]

Yes, it takes so long because of the national social healthcare. Everything is wait, wait, wait. We have been three years on this journey and hubby finally hit on two young drs who actually LISTEN and seem to care. I feel like we are on the right track, just wish the train were a bit faster. They prescribed anaprox, something I used to take for cramps and PMS but only 500 mg, I know he can safely take more so I told him to supplement it with the over the counter version, 250 mg. The drs here are not big on prescribing things because of expense, we pay a percentage and after a certain amount, the rest is free. He was on a low dose steroid from the eye dr that was a "miracle cure", but they would not prescribe that. He has to wait to go through the arthritis clinic and have ex rays. Right now he is just trying to function and keep working.

As much as it pains me, I have decided to not bring up the christmas decorating. I will do what I can with what we have a in the christmas in july bag, but I cannot bring up the big box from the basement myself and he says he finds the prospect "terrifying..........". It is not worth it. We did buy some new Christmas stars, swedish thing, to go in the windows and a few things from the store. We even bought a plastic advent candle holder (cannot say "wreath" since it is a rectangle) I can use in the kitchen. The important thing is that we are together.

We all know Christmas is in the heart anyway. :D :gbhouse: :scene:

Thanks for verifying my suspicion the delay was due to the healthcare system. Sweden is not alone: England/Canada/France are bowing under the weight of a 'free healthcare plan. And now America is going forward with Obamacare. The word "free' blinds people to the fact that care will be denied on a cost analysis basis and the timeline will be absurdly slow. Canadians come to America for good care. I am so very sorry for the pain your DH is experiencing due to delayed proper care. And you are right about the medications!

Most of all as you stated "Christmas is in the heart" even without decorations. I am happy you have your Christmas in July bag and some new items to display. Bless your hubby's heart for wanting to carry the heavy box for you but honestly admitting the prospect is overwhelming. It takes courage to admit pain is so high you cannot perform a task for the one you love. What a good man you have Jennifer!

As always you are both in my prayers as I ask God to fill with you such joy, peace and hope that the decorations you have will glow within. Hugs! :candle2:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:37 am

So am I !! Most people seem to clean their bathrooms on CAY on Fridays :smilecc: Im all set ,house cleaned , decs all ready , fridge full but please pray as weather is very strong winds here today and Dads connecting flight leaves Athens at 8pm and arrives here 9pm and its differcult to land here when the weathers so severe . So prayers needed for a safe and on time flight . Hugs Cay friends :elfgrin:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:40 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:What are Friday Christmases? I am intrigued...

search for "Friday Christmas" in previous posts starting around August. Christmas Crazy introduced us to the idea a few months ago. You listen to christmas music while doing your "friday chores". Great for those of us who are at home alone..........sweden has a high energy christmas cd called Absolute Christmas that is perfect housecleaning music. Just finished cleaning the bathroom while listening to an OTR mp3 disk of christmas programs. Currently listening to Fibber McGee and Molly. Heavenly Days............ :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:52 am

I just thought of something.........I think some of my christmas friends have mentioned having horses. Do you know if horse linament comes in a tube or other non-liquid form? It is an old fashioned pain reliever but it works.........I was in a car accident in the 80´s and it was the only thing that helped my body bruises. I was thinking of trying to get some for hubby. I do not care what it smells like. The cats might, but they have plenty of other places to sleep than the bed.......we used to buy it in the regular pharmacy in small amounts for human use, but the post office will not allow liquids to be mailed. I could also be interested in an authorized mail order service that will ship to sweden.

and, good news, there was more in the Christmas in July bag than I thought! I found a curtain half (one side) we hang up in the bedroom doorway to create an "entrance" to the bedroom and a few christmas beanie babies to sit around. I do most of my "living" in the kitchen and we eat in the kitchen so it is basically the celebration room anyway. The christmas in july tree is accessible, just have to see if I can make room for it. I also found the bag of christmas stuff I had in my office at my previous job. This is starting to shape up.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:54 am

Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:What are Friday Christmases? I am intrigued...

search for "Friday Christmas" in previous posts starting around August. Christmas Crazy introduced us to the idea a few months ago. You listen to christmas music while doing your "friday chores". Great for those of us who are at home alone..........sweden has a high energy christmas cd called Absolute Christmas that is perfect housecleaning music. Just finished cleaning the bathroom while listening to an OTR mp3 disk of christmas programs. Currently listening to Fibber McGee and Molly. Heavenly Days............ :scene:

:santa: Merry Friday Christmas everyone! :santa:
But today is not one of them for me. I have to be at work all day. I only get every other Friday off.
I would much rather be home doing the laundry and cleaning the bathrooms. (That really helps make the weekend more enjoyable.)
But I will try put on some Christmas music while I work.
Kind of hard when you have to answer the phone a lot. :elfgrin:

Not sure about the Eggnog Fridays. :think: I don't drink eggnog.
I'll have to give that one some thought. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:58 am

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/easiest-eg ... etail.aspx

you do not have go make this on Friday Christmases, but this is what I make since we have no commercial eggnog. I do not drink much alcohol, so have never had "real" eggnog, but I do put a few drops of rum flavoring sometimes.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:59 am

We are having our Christmas Parade tomorrow morning.
This will be the first Christmas parade I've ever been to.
My son will be marching in it (for his first time) with his high school band.
:rockettes:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:05 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:As for your hubby: the appointment takes so long due to the healthcare plan, right?

The good news! The treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have greatly improved over the last 4-5 years. My parents were on pain meds only, but they have better options now. Both of you are in my prayers for comfort, strength and peace from God! HUGS :merrysleigh: [/color]

Yes, it takes so long because of the national social healthcare. Everything is wait, wait, wait. We have been three years on this journey and hubby finally hit on two young drs who actually LISTEN and seem to care. I feel like we are on the right track, just wish the train were a bit faster. They prescribed anaprox, something I used to take for cramps and PMS but only 500 mg, I know he can safely take more so I told him to supplement it with the over the counter version, 250 mg. The drs here are not big on prescribing things because of expense, we pay a percentage and after a certain amount, the rest is free. He was on a low dose steroid from the eye dr that was a "miracle cure", but they would not prescribe that. He has to wait to go through the arthritis clinic and have ex rays. Right now he is just trying to function and keep working.

As much as it pains me, I have decided to not bring up the christmas decorating. I will do what I can with what we have a in the christmas in july bag, but I cannot bring up the big box from the basement myself and he says he finds the prospect "terrifying..........". It is not worth it. We did buy some new Christmas stars, swedish thing, to go in the windows and a few things from the store. We even bought a plastic advent candle holder (cannot say "wreath" since it is a rectangle) I can use in the kitchen. The important thing is that we are together.

We all know Christmas is in the heart anyway. :D :gbhouse: :scene:

Christmas definitely lives in the heart Jennifer.
That's why we put so much love into this season and each other throughout the year.
:snowink:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:07 am

Tomtemor wrote:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/easiest-egg-nog/detail.aspx

you do not have go make this on Friday Christmases, but this is what I make since we have no commercial eggnog. I do not drink much alcohol, so have never had "real" eggnog, but I do put a few drops of rum flavoring sometimes.

I just don't think I could do the raw egg part. Christmas or not.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:24 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

My grandmother used to make us "egg milk" as kids. This reminds me of that. once it is mixed up, you really cannot tell. The important part though is to drink it up if you make your own and not save any overnight. Just think, body builders and athletes have raw eggs all the time in their protein shakes. Unless one is pregnant, there is very little risk, less in the US since your eggs are more regulated. In Belgium, we bought eggs from the middle of the grocery aisle, not refrigerated, many with feathers still attached. :-o

I have not tried it, but you could probably use egg substitute............ :think:

Merry Friday Christmas! Sunday is First Advent, the official start of the Swedish Christmas season. Bring on the glögg!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:28 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eggless-Eg ... tedRecipes

Here you go! This sounds good except that Pudding is very hard to find in sweden. :cry: Sometimes my parents send some in their christmas box and I have to think long and hard before I use it up. I have a box of white chocolate I am thinking about using in a fruit salad this year for christmas dinner. :dinner:

all this talk of eggnog brings up a question. when do you usually have your eggnog? any night in the season? a special night? Christmas eve? christmas dinner? boxing day? :holly1:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eggless-Eg ... tedRecipes

Here you go! This sounds good except that Pudding is very hard to find in sweden. :cry: Sometimes my parents send some in their christmas box and I have to think long and hard before I use it up. I have a box of white chocolate I am thinking about using in a fruit salad this year for christmas dinner. :dinner:

all this talk of eggnog brings up a question. when do you usually have your eggnog? any night in the season? a special night? Christmas eve? christmas dinner? boxing day? :holly1:

Now that sounds like a Christmas WINNER!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:42 am

Just treated myself to 3 movies from amazon.co.uk. Christmas in Paradise, The Night Before the Night Before Christmas, and Moonlight and Mistletoe. I have seen the latter two but not Christmas in Paradise, but I am sure it will be fine. As I was browsing through the movies I was struck by how many are "romance based" and while I love them now, I remember the first year after my divorce when I could not stand to watch Hallmark, or the Family channel, etc with all its happy family christmas movies. I have a single friend who says people tend to avoid her around the holidays. Please take time to include any single, recently divorced, or widowed friends in your holiday celebrations. This wonderful time of year can be awfully depressing for those who are alone.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 pm

tinseltown wrote:So am I !! Most people seem to clean their bathrooms on CAY on Fridays :smilecc: Im all set ,house cleaned , decs all ready , fridge full but please pray as weather is very strong winds here today and Dads connecting flight leaves Athens at 8pm and arrives here 9pm and its differcult to land here when the weathers so severe . So prayers needed for a safe and on time flight . Hugs Cay friends :elfgrin:

Congrats! on having completed all your preparations and now you can enjoy a Chrsitmasy home! Prayers for a safe & timely flight coming your way! Have a great weekend! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Tomtemor wrote:I just thought of something.........I think some of my christmas friends have mentioned having horses. Do you know if horse linament comes in a tube or other non-liquid form? It is an old fashioned pain reliever but it works.........I was in a car accident in the 80´s and it was the only thing that helped my body bruises. I was thinking of trying to get some for hubby. I do not care what it smells like. The cats might, but they have plenty of other places to sleep than the bed.......we used to buy it in the regular pharmacy in small amounts for human use, but the post office will not allow liquids to be mailed. I could also be interested in an authorized mail order service that will ship to sweden.

and, good news, there was more in the Christmas in July bag than I thought! I found a curtain half (one side) we hang up in the bedroom doorway to create an "entrance" to the bedroom and a few christmas beanie babies to sit around. I do most of my "living" in the kitchen and we eat in the kitchen so it is basically the celebration room anyway. The christmas in july tree is accessible, just have to see if I can make room for it. I also found the bag of christmas stuff I had in my office at my previous job. This is starting to shape up.

Great news about the extra Christmas items to decorate with Jennifer! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Merry Friday Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas Christmas Crazy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:We are having our Christmas Parade tomorrow morning.
This will be the first Christmas parade I've ever been to.
My son will be marching in it (for his first time) with his high school band.
:rockettes:

What an exciting event for you & your son Christmas Crazy! Enjoy every moment! :carolbells:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Celebrate! Christmas is just around the corner! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Just treated myself to 3 movies from amazon.co.uk. Christmas in Paradise, The Night Before the Night Before Christmas, and Moonlight and Mistletoe. I have seen the latter two but not Christmas in Paradise, but I am sure it will be fine. As I was browsing through the movies I was struck by how many are "romance based" and while I love them now, I remember the first year after my divorce when I could not stand to watch Hallmark, or the Family channel, etc with all its happy family christmas movies. I have a single friend who says people tend to avoid her around the holidays. Please take time to include any single, recently divorced, or widowed friends in your holiday celebrations. This wonderful time of year can be awfully depressing for those who are alone.

John 13:34-35
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Thanks for sharing your insight Jennifer. We need to remember and show love to many all year long. Especially this time of year.

I love your Christmas heart.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter