CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:02 am

Appealing to my Christmas friends for a pumpkin bread recipe. My mother used to make the best pumpkin bread on the face of the Earth. Sadly, I lost the recipe. Does anyone of a to die for pumpkin bread recipe? It was one of those that she got from an elderly Church friend decades ago.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:07 am

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pumpkin-spice-bread

Well, this certainly sounds rich enough to be it. 1 cup vegetable oil? 3 cups sugar? yee gads......it's enough to fatten Santa up for Christmas. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:19 pm

It's always amazing when life's pieces fall perfectly into place. Blessed!! Have a super fun Saturday Christmas friends. :treewiggle:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Jolly congrats! on finding a bread recipe. My grandma's is one we love, but itis very sweet. Cream, butter, sugar and brown sugar. Santa would love it on Christmas Eve as an energy booster. :lol:

CandyKane: so happy for you that you are blessed this day. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:32 pm

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breads/ ... kin-bread/

Here is Another one. The trick with aluminun foil (tin foil as we say in Texas) sounds interesting. I am sad to say I never thought to stand with my mother in the kitchen while she made it. Also an insomniac, my mother often did her baking in the middle of the night. I miss the smell of pumpkin bread at Christmas time.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:In celebration of October being Breast Cancer Awareness, and in memorium to great women in my family & friends who lost this fight I am participating in the Walk for A Cure today.

I hope you have a blessed time at the Walk Christmas friend. Both of my grandmothers had breast cancer and my Swedish sister in law is a survivor.

Jolly that makes me sad. After decades of research no Curr has Bern found & treatment options are do debilitating. That's why we walk. Plus I honor your grandmothers and SIL with each step. <3

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breads/super-moist-pumpkin-bread/

Here is Another one. The trick with aluminun foil (tin foil as we say in Texas) sounds interesting. I am sad to say I never thought to stand with my mother in the kitchen while she made it. Also an insomniac, my mother often did her baking in the middle of the night. I miss the smell of pumpkin bread at Christmas time.

YUM. Now I want dome pumpkin bread before Christmas! :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Christmas Crazy you remain in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you are feeling stronger and healthier today. :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Christmas countdown continues:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:52 pm

And as always I am dreaming of a White Christmas and a snowy Winter!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:27 am

Wishing each of my Christmas friends a blessed & joyous Sunday.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:35 am

Had a blast at the pumpkin patch! We enjoyed getting lost in a corn maze and nearly freezing to death on a hayride but the hot chocolate made it even better. Now it really feels like Halloween to me. Family time this afternoon will include making a scarecrow for our front yard. I love this time of year! It's a downhill slide to Christmas. :leafjump:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:54 am

Christmas Crazy ~ Hope you're feeling better and can check in soon. The boards aren't the same without you. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:29 am

CandyKane wrote:Had a blast at the pumpkin patch! We enjoyed getting lost in a corn maze and nearly freezing to death on a hayride but the hot chocolate made it even better. Now it really feels like Halloween to me. Family time this afternoon will include making a scarecrow for our front yard. I love this time of year! It's a downhill slide to Christmas. :leafjump:

Oh I miss real Autumn! Your day sounded wonderful CK & typical of Indiana too. It definitely shortens the wait for Christmas. :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:33 am

Last night I ordered our new Christmas tree!! Remember last year it was a Charlie Brown tree because 2 branches broke & the lights quit working. The new one arrives November 17! It has a remote & all the power is in the center pole. Plus it was on sale! My family had given up on me. :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:09 am

CandyKane wrote:Had a blast at the pumpkin patch! We enjoyed getting lost in a corn maze and nearly freezing to death on a hayride but the hot chocolate made it even better. Now it really feels like Halloween to me. Family time this afternoon will include making a scarecrow for our front yard. I love this time of year! It's a downhill slide to Christmas. :leafjump:

That sounds too Christmas fun. "Pumpkin patches" in San Antonio are usually churches that bring in mounds of pumpkins and sell them either for Charity or as a fundraiser. Talked to my Dad this morning he said 85F so I am thinking some of those pumpkins come prebaked. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:21 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:52 am

Noel+ wrote:Christmas Crazy you remain in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you are feeling stronger and healthier today. :angelsnow:

Thank you Christmas friends for the well wishes and prayers. My back is pain free again. Praise God!
You all are the best!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:57 am

Happy to hear you are pain free Christmas Crazy! Back pain is such an awful thing to suffer from. Glad you have relief from it now.
Today is my hubby's Bday! It's a week or so of celebrations in our family. We had our anniversary Tuesday , hubby's birthday today and our youngest 's 11th birthday on the 21st. How did she get to be 11 already? Lol. After that most thoughts will be on Christmas. Maybe a little room for Halloween on the way.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:03 pm

CK, your family activities sound like a wonderful time.
I love the pre-Christmas season.

:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter