Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:18 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Christmas Crazy: wishing you and Michelle a wonderful weekend celebrating Christmas in July. Are you traveling or staying at home? :P

We are heading to the beach for the last day of Christmas in July. We're taking KK (daughter, 20 yrs old) with us. Should be a lot of fun. :elfgrin:

How Christmas in July awesome! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:18 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:21 am

Last weekend I bought Michelle a Christmas present with her standing only 15 feet away. The store owner and I were very sneaky. Michelle had no clue.
I can't wait to tell her all about it Christmas morning. :lol: :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:26 am

I hope I remember where I hide Michelle's Christmas presents. With me buying them this early I may forget all about them by the time November rolls around. Maybe I should just wrap them now and put them in the closet but in plain sight. That'll drive her crazy. :P
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:33 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Last weekend I bought Michelle a Christmas present with her standing only 15 feet away. The store owner and I were very sneaky. Michelle had no clue.
I can't wait to tell her all about it Christmas morning. :lol: :elfgrin:

You're a clever Christmas elf. :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:34 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I hope I remember where I hide Michelle's Christmas presents. With me buying them this early I may forget all about them by the time November rolls around. Maybe I should just wrap them now and put them in the closet but in plain sight. That'll drive her crazy. :P

And very sneaky... :lol: :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:26 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Christmas Crazy: wishing you and Michelle a wonderful weekend celebrating Christmas in July. Are you traveling or staying at home? :P

We are heading to the beach for the last day of Christmas in July. We're taking KK (daughter, 20 yrs old) with us. Should be a lot of fun. :elfgrin:

Have fun! Don't forget about Santa Snowman! Enjoy you Christmas in July vacation. :santa:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:27 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I hope I remember where I hide Michelle's Christmas presents. With me buying them this early I may forget all about them by the time November rolls around. Maybe I should just wrap them now and put them in the closet but in plain sight. That'll drive her crazy. :P

Those Christmas presents wouldn't last a day with me! :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:29 am

Noel+ wrote:CandyKane: it is our last weekend of Christmas in July so I hope you and your family have a blast! :D

Thanks Christmas friend! :smilecc: Enjoy yours as well. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:32 am

We had a super productive day yesterday. Absolutely love days like at. And I love the weeks we've been having. Filled with low cost (or free) fun activities. We've truly had a whole month of Christmas in July fun! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:41 am

Michelle is not a happy Christmas elf today. She started back to work this past Wednesday and the kids started today. #kindergartenlife
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:46 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Michelle is not a happy Christmas elf today. She started back to work this past Wednesday and the kids started today. #kindergartenlife

Some of my best friends are teachers. The first few weeks are always crazy. But it's worth it! Kids school Christmas programs are the best! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:47 am

Football season is getting closer and I'm getting excited about that.
But I still don't like that they scheduled games on Christmas Day. They should be with their families. And just think of all the people that have to work just to support the games.
Thousands of them. No fun.
:razzberry:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:14 am

We're getting ready for a youth group yard sale. I even have a huge box of Halloween and Christmas stuff to donate. :merrysanta:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:15 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:How are you feeling Noel? Better I hope. Still praying for you my Christmas friend.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers Christmas Crazy. This virus is relentless. In some ways it is better............in some ways it is slow progression. Still I cherish Christmas in my heart. :D

Today is the first day in 3-4 weeks that I have felt remotely like my old Christmas self. When I went to the dr a week ago Monday she said it could be 2-3 weeks. I had been sick for two weeks at that point. Of course Perky's midnight ER runs did not help. My theory is he started with the super flu, which with his impaired immune system led to the bacterial ulcer, which led to the heavy antibiotics which led to the second ER visit. He is now being tested for hepititis (sp) and the liver check. I think I need a do-over starting with Half Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:18 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Michelle is not a happy Christmas elf today. She started back to work this past Wednesday and the kids started today. #kindergartenlife

Wow, they started in July? That's no Christmas fun, Perky's preschool starts Monday. I return to work Monday for Admission Round 2 with registration on August 10 and classes starting the 29th.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:22 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Football season is getting closer and I'm getting excited about that.
But I still don't like that they scheduled games on Christmas Day. They should be with their families. And just think of all the people that have to work just to support the games.
Thousands of them. No fun.
:razzberry:

Around here every store is closed for Christmas except one. I always felt bad about it but the workers all volunteered to come in because they got extra holiday pay and they were happy. I know they won't get extra for working football games but maybe it won't make it too hard on them. :P

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 am

If TVs were still furniture you could put them on top of the TV. That would be too Christmas fun.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:28 am

We found a chicken in the yard this morning. For some reason the others have started picking on her and she refused to roost in the hen house with them. I think it's the heat. This heat makes everything grouchy. Especially me. :lol: She was perfectly happy scratching in the yard all by herself. We got her caged up and hopefully she can go back with the others. I guess summer heat just sucks the Christmas Spirit out of everything. :gbhouse:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am

Only 149 days left until Christmas. :merrysleigh:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter