What did you do today?

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: What did you do today?

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:19 am

Yay! I'm off the next 4 days.........to help Mom since Dad's birthday was July 1. After 39.85 hrs in 3 days, I am so ready for some R&R!!! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:24 am

Monday through Thursday I watched the two little girls I take care of as well as my own three. In the evenings it was soccer.
This morning I will take all three of my children to Vacation Bible Camp. Then I will have three hours to myself. I will clean, do laundry and even have a long shower uninterrupted. YAY! After camp I promised to take the children and meet up with friends at McDonalds. Then we will be off shopping.
MM
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Merry Sage » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 pm

We're on the last stretch of a big push to get DH's business out there and making some money. Website to finalise, he's got some software to finish up. Signed some contracts this week. We found a very good distributor for one of his unique software programes. Could be a get income generator! Lots of running around on errands. Housekeeping squeezed in there.

I'm seriously bad tempered and fed up. Having your husband working from home can be a real pain in the behind. He expects everything done two seconds after he asks for it and its nothing but business talk 24/7. We both need a holiday. Whoever said working for yourself was the toughest job you'd ever do, wasn't exaggerating!
:sleephat:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:55 am

WORK - 11.98 hrs! Enough said! :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:04 pm

We took our children to visit my grandparents. Their birthdays are this week, both the same day, but one year apart. They are 92 and 93 years young. :lol:
It was a great day. Visited with aunts, cousins and their little ones. We don't see each other often so it was really nice to get together. :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:35 am

Just a nice quiet day at home with family. Perfect! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:42 am

Helped DH with the new website. He wasn't happy with the look of the original. Went for a walk, made a nice supper. Watched movies in the evening.

Mistletoe - that sounds like a fun day! :holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Well, last night I had trouble sleeping so I slept in this morning. I am nervous & excited about telecommuting tomorrow. NO pressure...........they just expect to double my #s!!!!! :x

Wish me luck! EEKIS! :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:39 pm

It is Saturday 15th August here today and I have plans to start spring cleaning early (Spring does not start until September 1st here).

I am just having a protein shake for breakfast and catching up with CAY. Then I will be starting on my grand plan printouts to get me organised.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:21 am

Ugh........today I arose at 4:30am and just got home a little after midnight. I'm so tired I'm 'stupid' to quote Bill Cosby! Thank goodness tomorrow is Saturday! So many changes coming at work..........so much more pressure to produce to keep your job..........and so much angst when 1 paycheck needs to cover everything. Thank God the most beautiful things in life are free!! :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:12 am

Really tired this morning. Not enough sleep last night. Hubby had a bad bout of allergy and asthma yesterday evening, so I was up and down all night, checking on him. Thank goodness he's better today. We have GOT to get moved out of this area. The air quality gets worse every year.

I've given the floors a mop and have the small freezer in the kitchen fridge defrosting. A :sleephat: is in order later I think.

Noel - that's awful what you're going through. I don't suppose you could get a job somewhere else, where you aren't so stressed all the time?
:holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:52 am

Merry, being a neo-natal nurse is always stressful, and hospitals are corporate owned so during this economic decline they are tightening their belts. No matter which hospital I worked at it would be the same. And it probably is the same for everyone in America -- we're all doing the work of 2 people. I just notice as I age that fatigue becomes a longer-lasting factor and it happens much faster.

Today was a quiet day. The washing machine is broken........had water all over the garage.......so trying to decide if another repair will do or purchase a new one [if necessary only].

A day off is rest to my soul & body and I am so grateful for it! And being at my fave Christmas site with my friends sure helps! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:52 am

Noel - that's understandable, but considering who your patients are, I hardly think a nursing staff that's perpetually run ragged is doing anyone favours. Its such a shame you can't get a public health system in the U.S. like the rest of the West has.

Anyway, I hope things get better for you. I know what you mean about not being as young as you used to be!
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Merry Sage » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:29 pm

I had a quiet day today. No computer til after supper. I wanted to do some reading and make notes for future projects with my aromatherapy business. Its dead in the water at the moment, not that it was doing anything special before, but I want to be prepared for when things improve financially. And I've got some new ideas to develop the business so I figured I could at least start drawing up plans. :holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:17 am

Merry Sage wrote:Noel - that's understandable, but considering who your patients are, I hardly think a nursing staff that's perpetually run ragged is doing anyone favours. Its such a shame you can't get a public health system in the U.S. like the rest of the West has.

Anyway, I hope things get better for you. I know what you mean about not being as young as you used to be!

Thanks Merry Sage. Actually a bad economy hits hospitals just like any other business. They are doing their best.......but you can't pull anyone but a certified pediatric/neonatal nurse to work in these special units.

I was approved for Friday off -- so your prayers are being heard! THANKS! I look forward to rest!:snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:27 am

Noel+ wrote:
Thanks Merry Sage. Actually a bad economy hits hospitals just like any other business. They are doing their best.......but you can't pull anyone but a certified pediatric/neonatal nurse to work in these special units.

I was approved for Friday off -- so your prayers are being heard! THANKS! I look forward to rest!:snowwow:

Happy to oblige. Now make sure you actually put your feet up, not spend the day running round playing catch up. :sleephat: :elfgrin:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:34 am

:lol: You know me too well Merry Sage! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Not a lot done today. I got up with a nasty case of vertigo that's improved from the morning, but is still hanging around. I've had the odd episode that lasts for a few seconds. But never one that's gone all day. Hubby's been looking after me. Hope it doesn't recur.
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:52 am

Taking care of Mom who has an infection. Just a quiet busy day. Looking forward to REST tomorrow! :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:33 am

got a day off of work...i was going to work on my motorcycle but my gout is acting up in my foot so it's bothering me to walk around so i'm gonna sit back and watch a christmas movie haven't decided which one yet.
Pretjah
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter