CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:41 am

Jolly: Grattis på årsdagen

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:42 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Today is my 8th wedding anniversary! The next best thing to Christmas! :snowkiss:

Congratulations Jolly & Perky!!!
You are dear Christmas friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:56 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello everyone, I hate that I haven't been able to be on here like I want to be but life is busy. We are getting closer to Christmas which I love because that means 1. my favorite holiday and 2. things around here start slowing down.

The local news just had a story about Christmas shopping already starting and how there are some stores that may stay closed on black Friday, anyone else heard this?

REI will be closed For Black Friday and will pay its 12000 employees to go out and play. It's encouraging other employers to do the same to break from the madness of Black Friday. It really annoys me when stores open on Thanksgiving. To me that is just way too much. I haven't been Black Friday shopping in several years. If I do any shopping then it will be online. For me the day after Thanksgiving is when we put up our Christmas tree and really start inside decorating. :thumbs:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:59 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Today is my 8th wedding anniversary! The next best thing to Christmas! :snowkiss:

Congratulations Christmas friend! :snowjump:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:07 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I have not heard of stores closing on Friday. But I've seen some articles on stores no longer opening Thanksgiving night. I think people can take one day off from their Christmas shopping.
:D

For most of my working life in a bank, I had to go to work on Black Friday, the only one of my family to have to work the day after Thanksgiving. In one of my departments, people would bring their leftovers and it was always great fun as each families recipes are always just a bit different. After 6 years with a second job in retail, I made it my solemn vow to never set foot out the door on Black Friday or Boxing Day (the day after Christmas) unless someone was dying and needed medicine. I would even do my grocery shopping ahead of time and buy milk and bread at a convenience store if necessary. My ex husband's aunt used to have everyone back over on Black Friday for Turkey take two: Turkey tetrazzini, salad, bread, cranberry jello and some kind of dessert. It was just as much fun as Thanksgiving and a great kick off to Christmas without the shopping. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Noel+ wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:Hello everyone, I hate that I haven't been able to be on here like I want to be but life is busy. We are getting closer to Christmas which I love because that means 1. my favorite holiday and 2. things around here start slowing down.

The local news just had a story about Christmas shopping already starting and how there are some stores that may stay closed on black Friday, anyone else heard this?

ksrjreed! It's wonderful to have you back at CAY. You've been missed Christmas friend. Do you have your Christmas tree up early again this year? We understand how committed to serving others you are, and your family priority we applaud, but still hope you can stop by here once in a while. Stay jolly my friend. :D

Tree has been up since September 15th. In fact I am in the process of decorating the rest of the living room today. The tree looks so good but it looks better with the rest of my living room decked out in Christmas.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:45 am

MERRY WASSAIL WEDNESDAY!

Be blessed my Christmas friends.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:46 am

Ksrjreed I just knew your Christmas tree would be up early as always. :D I so admire all you do friend.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:38 am

Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:40 am

Last week, city employees put the Christmas decorations on the light poles throughout the town.
It won't be long!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:50 am

ksrjreed wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

ksrjreed! It's wonderful to have you back at CAY. You've been missed Christmas friend. Do you have your Christmas tree up early again this year? We understand how committed to serving others you are, and your family priority we applaud, but still hope you can stop by here once in a while. Stay jolly my friend. :D

Jar
Tree has been up since September 15th. In fact I am in the process of decorating the rest of the living room today. The tree looks so good but it looks better with the rest of my living room decked out in Christmas.
Hi
Ksrjreed. That's so great that your Christmas tree has been up since September. I would love to do that here but some members ofmy family isn't quite as enthusiastic about Christmas as me. Okay make that all except maybe our youngest. She would be okay with a tree up early. B Lol. I can start November 1st. So just a few more days. :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:43 am

I'm watching a Christmas episode of Simon & Simon :santadance: I love my dvr. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:09 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Jar
Hi
Ksrjreed. That's so great that your Christmas tree has been up since September. I would love to do that here but some members ofmy family isn't quite as enthusiastic about Christmas as me. Okay make that all except maybe our youngest. She would be okay with a tree up early. B Lol. I can start November 1st. So just a few more days. :smilecc:

My oldest children don't like it like they use to, but what was started out of fun has actually become a tradition of need. I have two children on the autism spectrum with my youngest being most severe. We put our tree up early now so we can slowly introduce the change of his surroundings to him. With school schedule going crazy starting next month it is hard for him to cope, then throw in a change at home and it had been upsetting to him. What makes it so much fun now is he expects it and was looking forward to it, in fact when on his first day of school in August he asked about the Christmas tree. I have been in the process of decorating my living room the past two days because my kids have been asking about it. It makes me so happy to see they are enjoying Christmas like I am. My youngest now sits on the computer and watches The Christmas Story on DVD.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Noel+ wrote:Ksrjreed I just knew your Christmas tree would be up early as always. :D I so admire all you do friend.

I have told my cousin with an autistic Child about your early Christmas decorating. Not sure he is on board, but at least he has the knowledge now. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:45 pm

ksrjreed wrote:
mistletoe misfit wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Jar
Hi

My oldest children don't like it like they use to, but what was started out of fun has actually become a tradition of need. I have two children on the autism spectrum with my youngest being most severe. We put our tree up early now so we can slowly introduce the change of his surroundings to him. With school schedule going crazy starting next month it is hard for him to cope, then throw in a change at home and it had been upsetting to him. What makes it so much fun now is he expects it and was looking forward to it, in fact when on his first day of school in August he asked about the Christmas tree. I have been in the process of decorating my living room the past two days because my kids have been asking about it. It makes me so happy to see they are enjoying Christmas like I am. My youngest now sits on the computer and watches The Christmas Story on DVD.

It's so wonderful to share our great love of Christmas with our children. Your kiddos are very lucky. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Good afternoon! I hope any of my Christmas friends affected by the crazy rain and winds are safe and dry. I have buckets and pots full of water in case we lose power. Living in the country no power=no pump and no water. Thankful it is warm and it isn't freezing rain instead. Also very Thankful my sweet, hard working hubby replaced our whole roof this summer/fall. It was leaking in different spots around the house in the spring and wouldn't have done well in this storm. The rains are supposed to ease up by the morning, but they say the winds may worsen until tomorrow some time. Fingers crossed they are wrong and that the trees and power lines stay strong.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Is your rain a remnant of Hurricane Patricia? For the most part, a strong cold front kept the really heavy rains south and east of us. Although we have had rain showers everyday. Rainy days are perfect for staying inside and watching Christmas movies. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:21 am

Too Christmas awesome ksrjreed!! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:29 am

CandyKane wrote:Is your rain a remnant of Hurricane Patricia? For the most part, a strong cold front kept the really heavy rains south and east of us. Although we have had rain showers everyday. Rainy days are perfect for staying inside and watching Christmas movies. :scene:

Glad to know you are safe CandyKane from the storms from Hurricaine Patricia. Any extra rain please blow our way before Christmas! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:29 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Good afternoon! I hope any of my Christmas friends affected by the crazy rain and winds are safe and dry. I have buckets and pots full of water in case we lose power. Living in the country no power=no pump and no water. Thankful it is warm and it isn't freezing rain instead. Also very Thankful my sweet, hard working hubby replaced our whole roof this summer/fall. It was leaking in different spots around the house in the spring and wouldn't have done well in this storm. The rains are supposed to ease up by the morning, but they say the winds may worsen until tomorrow some time. Fingers crossed they are wrong and that the trees and power lines stay strong.

MM glad you and family are Christmas safe despite the rain and storms. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter