2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Headed to the surgery center. Thank you for the prayers.
All my Christmas friends have a wonderful Tinsel Tuesday!
:elfgrin:

You are in our prayers Christmas Crazy!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:23 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hope everything went well Christmas Crazy prayers been said. Decorated the house ,well everything except the tree .Tonight starting the festivity nights with two dear friends . We will be in the attic ,all lit up :smilecc: quiu=che ,salad and mincepies and fresh cream :dinner: My hubby found a cute Santa in Germany and is bringing a couple of christmas surprises back so cant wait ,he;ll be home on saturday :smilecc: . Happy Tinsel Tuesday :smilecc:

Such Christmas fun Tinseltown! And there is nothing better than Christmas surprises....enjoy! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 pm

ksrjreed wrote:We received our first snowfall today, it has all but melted this afternoon but was a beautiful view to wake up to this morning, it really put a Christmas feel to the day. :smilecc:

How wonderful! Your first Christmas snow of the season! :snowwow:

It will be 92 here today. Dreaming of a White Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:28 am

Had my surgery yesterday morning and I am feeling pretty good today.
Ice and rest today then start physical therapy tomorrow morning.
I hope all my Christmas friends are having a wonderful day!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:35 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Had my surgery yesterday morning and I am feeling pretty good today.

Glad things went well! I bought christmas cards and am hoping to get some Christmas stamps on friday. I even found out that until 2004 Sweden had christmas seals, trying to find out if they are still around. Found many collectors sites. I did not know that people collected Christmas Seals. I have been listening to the OTRcat and they have a whole collection dedicated to them. Christmas radio programs are almost as much fun as Christmas. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:36 am

ksrjreed wrote:We received our first snowfall today, it has all but melted this afternoon but was a beautiful view to wake up to this morning, it really put a Christmas feel to the day. :smilecc:

I am so jealous of your wonderful snow. Even if it lasted only a little while.
Now I'm more in the Christmas mood with snow falling in the Midwest.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Had my surgery yesterday morning and I am feeling pretty good today.

Thanks for letting us know your post-op progress Christmas Crazy. Thankful for answered prayers. Rest peacefully friend. :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:03 am

Funny story: We listen to alot of OTR and I have a disk called Christmas Seals Recordings. Perky asked me if they still existed, I said I do not think so, but I know we have Easter Seals which is odd since hardly anyone sends Easter cards. Well, being the obsessive person I am, I found out that Christmas Seals do exists and that they started in Denmark.......which led me to look for the Swedish version. I found out that until 2004 they were sold in the post office. After a difficult search, I found the Swedish Heart and Lung Foundation and have contacted them.

If anyone is interested, you can order the US version from: www.christmasseals.org

and for fun, you can look up Christmas Seals on Youtube and get alot of vintage tv broadcasts and commercials. There is even James Coburn with a beard. Too Christmas fun!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:29 am

Christmas music playing, chilly weather outside, it has been a very good morning so far, I have to spend my afternoon redoing the bottom portion of my tree, the Mrs. brought home a stray kitten over the summer that was found during our kids band camp. Well, he is in the active phase and has completely destroyed the bottom part of the tree, broke ornaments, the lights are laying on the floor, it is a real mess. So I will be rehanging lights and using bread ties to hold the lights to the limbs. Will also watch more Christmas movies this evening, the kids have enjoyed watching all of our Christmas movies we have, but no one enjoys it more than me. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 am

I bought some Swedish Christmas stamps today!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:46 am

So, the alarm goes off and I think "oh, it´s Saturday........I can sleep a little more." This revelry is ruined by Perky´s alarm going off (his alarm only goes off on weekdays).....I said "It´s FRIDAY???" Needless to say I was a bit disappointed. Listened to the Christmas mp3 on the way in and now on www.live365.com to cheer myself up and get through the day.

Merry Friday Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:01 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:So, the alarm goes off and I think "oh, it´s Saturday........I can sleep a little more." This revelry is ruined by Perky´s alarm going off (his alarm only goes off on weekdays).....I said "It´s FRIDAY???" Needless to say I was a bit disappointed. Listened to the Christmas mp3 on the way in and now on http://www.live365.com to cheer myself up and get through the day.

Merry Friday Christmas!

Have a wonderful Christmas Spirit filled day Jolly!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Love the graphics, Christmas Crazy!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Only two weekends until First Advent! The Christmas countdown has begun! This weekend we have some heavy cleaning we have been putting off. This is the time last year when Perky "died" on me with the arthritis. So, I am grateful he feels so much better this year and can help me. Cleaning together is almost as much fun as Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:14 pm

I finally finished decorating the house , it looks great . Been watching christmas movies , enjoyed The Holiday tonite . Thinking of you all Cay friends x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Since we do not have the Hallmark Channel in Europe anymore,I am watching movie trailers on YouTube. And while I love holiday movies, and many of the romances are cute, I am reminded of the year following my divorce when the message of such movies seems to be that you are "empty" if you are not married and do not have kids. I wish the film companies would produce a few more movies that focused more on "christmas" rather than producing romance movies with christmas/thanksgiving just as a backdrop. They are starting to all feel the same. That is no Christmas fun. (end of rant)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:09 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Christmas music playing, chilly weather outside, it has been a very good morning so far, I have to spend my afternoon redoing the bottom portion of my tree, the Mrs. brought home a stray kitten over the summer that was found during our kids band camp. Well, he is in the active phase and has completely destroyed the bottom part of the tree, broke ornaments, the lights are laying on the floor, it is a real mess. So I will be rehanging lights and using bread ties to hold the lights to the limbs. Will also watch more Christmas movies this evening, the kids have enjoyed watching all of our Christmas movies we have, but no one enjoys it more than me. :smilecc:

If your kitty follows my cat's path: when mature they climb the tree and rest on a branch while decorated! :lol:

We've been watching Hallmark Christmas movies. This is the first year we've had Hallmark Movie channel and are enjoying the classic movies! Hope you are too ksrjreed! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:So, the alarm goes off and I think "oh, it´s Saturday........I can sleep a little more." This revelry is ruined by Perky´s alarm going off (his alarm only goes off on weekdays).....I said "It´s FRIDAY???" Needless to say I was a bit disappointed. Listened to the Christmas mp3 on the way in and now on http://www.live365.com to cheer myself up and get through the day.

Merry Friday Christmas!

Christmas music is the best ready-for-work medicine on the planet! Have an awesome Friday Jolly! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 pm

tinseltown wrote:I finally finished decorating the house , it looks great . Been watching christmas movies , enjoyed The Holiday tonite . Thinking of you all Cay friends x

Kudos! tinseltown for completing your Christmas decorating! :shop: :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Just finished gleaning & laundry while listening to Christmas music. Directive Sonic starts their holiday channel at midnight 11/16! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter