2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Spent the day at a work conference. The best thing about it was that it was already decorated for Christmas!

How wonderful your workplace is decorated for Christmas. Hope you are feeling strong now Jolly! :D .

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:As I drove thru town this morning, all the Christmas lights on the power poles were glowing brightly. Angels, candy canes, and doves.
Now I can't wait to put up my outside lights.
:D

:smilecc: Oh that sounds beautiful Christmas Crazy! I LOVE the glow of Christmas lights in the snow!!! :gbhouse:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:34 pm

It's officially "cold" here today because it is raining and the temperature is under 75F. Truly it looks Christmasy for the southwest! Still my fondest memories are of a freezing cold Indiana with inches of snow blanketing the ground, houses & streets. And the reflection of Christmas lights giving a cheery glow. ENJOY! :gbhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:32 am

Good Morning CAYers! Today it is still cloudy & raining = yay! It definitely has me in a Christmas mood. So we're watching Hallmark movies today and during commercials continuing to deck the halls!

Have a blessed Saturday!! :smilecc: :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:11 am

Hi Cay !! Terrible storm here yesterday , tail end of cyclone cleopatra no electricity and water just came back now !!! Thank god for his protection , no flooding , even if the water came within 1 cm of flooding downstairs . Three people dead , so sad and scary . Praying for all those clearing up the damage today and for the families of those lost ....x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:46 am

Noel+ wrote:Good Morning CAYers! Today it is still cloudy & raining = yay! It definitely has me in a Christmas mood. So we're watching Hallmark movies today and during commercials continuing to deck the halls!

Have a blessed Saturday!! :smilecc: :smilecc:

Enjoy your Christmasy weather and Christmas movies today Noel.

Deck the halls with boughs of holly...

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:58 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay !! Terrible storm here yesterday , tail end of cyclone cleopatra no electricity and water just came back now !!! Thank god for his protection , no flooding , even if the water came within 1 cm of flooding downstairs . Three people dead , so sad and scary . Praying for all those clearing up the damage today and for the families of those lost ....x

I'm glad to hear you didn't flood tinseltown. I hope all your friends and family are OK also.
Who ordered a cyclone so close to Christmas? Must have been The Grinch.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:09 am

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday, my youngest is full of energy this morning and already has started tiring me out, but we have a full day of college football and Christmas movies today so this is a perfect Saturday. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:14 am

We will be decorating the house after dinner on Thursday. I can't wait!
And for a bonus, the boys will be home from college. I miss them.
Today, Michelle, KK and I will going to see the movie The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
Fun family day.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:17 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday, my youngest is full of energy this morning and already has started tiring me out, but we have a full day of college football and Christmas movies today so this is a perfect Saturday. :smilecc:

Christmas movies AND college football?!

Jackpot!!!

Sounds like a great day to me.
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Hubby experiencing swollen, red legs like last year before treatment. I sent him to bed and emailed his dr. Never say something is "impossible" to a Texan. I want him well for Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Spent the day at a work conference. The best thing about it was that it was already decorated for Christmas!

How wonderful your workplace is decorated for Christmas. Hope you are feeling strong now Jolly! :D .

It was not my workplace, but the conference center. I have a USB christmas tree I will put out next Friday. Swedes do not do much decorating of the workplace. The usual candlesticks in the windows and maybe a tree a day or two before we leave for christmas vacation. But swedish trees are usually VERY sparce.

Hubby is down again with the swelling of the legs, redness,etc. He got his prednisolon today, so hopefully it will be better. But either way, I will put out the stuff in the Christmas in July bag aka Christmas emergency bag next week to cheer myself up. This time around he has a desk job and I have not decided if all the sitting is worse than all the walking he did before........

I have been up late making pumpkin spice cookies and will be up early tomorrow making mincemeat pumpkin pie tarts. The best of both worlds! I may be tired Monday morning, but come Christmas, I will be glad I did this! :dinner:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/minc ... umpkin-pie
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:58 am

Dreamed last night we were on vacation in Santa Claus, IN. While there my cousin, Melody Woodall-Smith, took our picture in a swing with a christmas background and sent it off somewhere on her phone. We won some sort of contest and were the head of a christmas parade. Then I was at a thrift store looking for "christmas clothes" since we did not have any with us. Then someone was asking if we were staying and we said we wanted to buy a cottage but Anders´visa would not be in until June. No clue how we got there without a visa. It was so fun, I did not want to wake up. I just love dreaming about Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:01 pm

I posted my christmas dream to facebook so a distant cousin a few times removed by marriage could see it. This was his response: "They will be filming a movie here this month. Here's the logline: JUST BE CLAUS is a comedy that tells the story of Nick, a young man in Austin who has never enjoyed Christmas. After he witnesses a crime in Austin, Nick is placed in the Witness Protection Program in Santa Claus during the holiday season where he learns to love the holiday all over again. If we get lucky, it will be a hit for you to watch next Christmas."

I can´t wait!

a few seconds ago · Like
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:15 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay !! Terrible storm here yesterday , tail end of cyclone cleopatra no electricity and water just came back now !!! Thank god for his protection , no flooding , even if the water came within 1 cm of flooding downstairs . Three people dead , so sad and scary . Praying for all those clearing up the damage today and for the families of those lost ....x

Oh Tinseltown, so grateful God protected you & your family. The scenes on tv are just heart breaking!! Please let us know if you need any type of help -- your CAY friends are here for you! And we have another reason now to be grateful on Thanksgiving Day! Bless you........... :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:16 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday, my youngest is full of energy this morning and already has started tiring me out, but we have a full day of college football and Christmas movies today so this is a perfect Saturday. :smilecc:

Your Saturday activities sounded cheerful, energetic and fun ksrjreed! :smilecc: And ending the day with Christmas movies is just perfect! ENJOY! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:We will be decorating the house after dinner on Thursday. I can't wait!
And for a bonus, the boys will be home from college. I miss them.
Today, Michelle, KK and I will going to see the movie The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
Fun family day.

Your recovery sounds complete Christmas Crazy! And we start to decorate usually the day after Thanksgiving too. So happy your sons will be home for the holiday and can participate in the decorating. What did you think of the movie? I want to see Thor soon. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Hubby experiencing swollen, red legs like last year before treatment. I sent him to bed and emailed his dr. Never say something is "impossible" to a Texan. I want him well for Christmas!

You go woman! Jolly you just keep that Texan drive going so Perky can enjoy his holidays! Praying........... :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Dreamed last night we were on vacation in Santa Claus, IN. While there my cousin, Melody Woodall-Smith, took our picture in a swing with a christmas background and sent it off somewhere on her phone. We won some sort of contest and were the head of a christmas parade. Then I was at a thrift store looking for "christmas clothes" since we did not have any with us. Then someone was asking if we were staying and we said we wanted to buy a cottage but Anders´visa would not be in until June. No clue how we got there without a visa. It was so fun, I did not want to wake up. I just love dreaming about Christmas.

Being a born & bred Hoosier I have of course been to Santa Claus IN several times. As a child it was mesmerizing. And then they began to enlarge it. I wonder what it looks like now? Time to Google it!

Dreams make everything possible even if for only a few minutes so enjoy! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:41 am

Merry Monday before Thanksgiving! This is the only time of year I get homesick. WE had so hoped to be with family this year, but the visa just did not come through in the time the lawyer said and now the national website says the average wait time is 13 months. Aargh. We made a dish with turkey ham this weekend and will have turkey wraps on thursday and then a casserole with the shredded leftover swedish thanksgiving turkey next weekend. I told Perky he gets many "thanksgivings" that way.

Perky said he had an "easter weekend". Dying on friday, dead on saturday and resurrected on Sunday. He feels like a new man. It is amazing what difference 1 little pill can make. He is now ready for Christmas! Oh yeah, I need to try to find him a new christmas t shirt.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter