2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:15 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Good luck with the job recruiter Jennifer. Keep up the hard work and try to stay positive. Christmas prayers headed your way.

Thanks! Nice to hear from one of my Christmas friends before I go. You must either be up very early or very late.

I have lost the christmas magic when it comes to changing my avatar. Even hubby could not do it. So, I guess we have to look at the swedish flag for awhile. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:00 am

Thanks to all my Christmas All Year friends praying for me and the family! We're on day 8.......... :shock: ....... it has to get better from now on!

Keep your Christmas spirits high! You are all in my prayers too. :penny:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 am

Noel+ wrote:Thanks to all my Christmas All Year friends praying for me and the family! We're on day 8.......... :shock: ....... it has to get better from now on!

Hope you feel better soon! It´s never fun being sick after Christmas. :cry:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 am

Noel+ wrote:Thanks to all my Christmas All Year friends praying for me and the family! We're on day 8.......... :shock: ....... it has to get better from now on!

Prayers for you and your sweet family Noel! So many are sick right now. Sending my wishes of good health to all my Christmas friends. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:36 am

Winter has definitely came back to Arkansas. We had heavy rain all day Saturday, sleet yesterday, and today no precipation but it's bitterly cold. 15 degrees when I took my dd to school this morning. :cold: Further south they are getting ice.

Dd is a Daisy Girl Scout this year and is busy selling cookies. If you get a chance to buy any from the Scouts, do it. It's such a great cause. And the cookies are the best! I'm going to buy up several boxes and put them in the freezer. I hope they last until Christmas! :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Tomtemor wrote:I have an interview with a recruiter today. Though I did not get as much sleep as I would like, I hope I do well enough to get passed onto the potential employer. Praying for that Christmas miracle!

Hope all my Christmas friends are getting well or stay healthy!

Praying for a christmas miracle !!!
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:12 pm

CandyKane wrote:Winter has definitely came back to Arkansas. We had heavy rain all day Saturday, sleet yesterday, and today no precipation but it's bitterly cold. 15 degrees when I took my dd to school this morning. :cold: Further south they are getting ice.

Dd is a Daisy Girl Scout this year and is busy selling cookies. If you get a chance to buy any from the Scouts, do it. It's such a great cause. And the cookies are the best! I'm going to buy up several boxes and put them in the freezer. I hope they last until Christmas! :santadance:

I miss the cold !!!
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 am

Girl Scout cookies are the best! Frozen thin mints at Christmas are a yummy treat!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:18 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Girl Scout cookies are the best! Frozen thin mints at Christmas are a yummy treat!

I love the thin mint cookies! Image
I should ask for them for Christmas this year.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 am

Snow storm today. My interview with the recruiter went well, whether I am right for the job or not remains to be seen. If not, maybe they will like me for another temp job. Downside is less pay than a "regular" hire and no holiday pay. Sweden does not have sick pay anyway. Not sure how the taxes would be handled. But, a job is a job and it would be very good experience.

I found some niches for the christmas stars and electric candlesticks in the apartment. I put the advent candle trays in the christmas in july bag along with a few other small things so we can have "christmas" next year if need be without hubby bringing up anything from the basement. I think some of the garland has seen better days but that is easily replaced. :popcorn: :hide: :throw:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:41 am

Hubby got less than encouraging news at work today about his Feb 6 contract being extended at two schools (50% of his income). The woman on maternity leave is returning. We were hoping that a woman over 40 with a newborn and a school age child might enjoy staying home. Praying for that Christmas miracle and that I get the job I interviewed for yesterday. I should know by wednesday if I am to go on with the process.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:18 pm

Jennifer, is it true that a woman stole a train and wrecked it into a residence in Saltsjobaden ? I saw a story about it on Google+.
Maybe she didn't get anything on her Christmas list this year.
Anyway, too funny!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Jennifer, is it true that a woman stole a train and wrecked it into a residence in Saltsjobaden ? I saw a story about it on Google+.
Anyway, too funny!

Yes it is true. Anders said she was a cleaning woman and somehow got ahold of the key and has now been taken to jail. They are investigating how she could have accomplished this.

I dreamed a couple of nights ago that it was two weeks before Christmas. Too bad I woke up.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi Everyone what a story with the runaway train !!!! Praying for jobs and health for all of you :smilecc: Good turn out for Alpha course today and what a mix of nationalities Albanians , Bulgarians , Finnish , German, Canadians , Greek , Dutch and English ! We are expecting someone from Turkey to join on friday as well . What an honour to be involved in bringing the gospel to these people and a great support team . Todays talk was why did Jesus die for us and fridays will be How can i be sure of my faith .And to think this all started in Bethelem 2000 years ago on the first christmas ever ....... :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09 am

tinseltown wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:I have an interview with a recruiter today. Though I did not get as much sleep as I would like, I hope I do well enough to get passed onto the potential employer. Praying for that Christmas miracle!

Hope all my Christmas friends are getting well or stay healthy!

Praying for a christmas miracle !!!

Yes, Jennifer we are praying too for your Christmas miracle! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:10 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi Everyone what a story with the runaway train !!!! Praying for jobs and health for all of you :smilecc: Good turn out for Alpha course today and what a mix of nationalities Albanians , Bulgarians , Finnish , German, Canadians , Greek , Dutch and English ! We are expecting someone from Turkey to join on friday as well . What an honour to be involved in bringing the gospel to these people and a great support team . Todays talk was why did Jesus die for us and fridays will be How can i be sure of my faith .And to think this all started in Bethelem 2000 years ago on the first christmas ever ....... :snowwow:

What an awesome post-Christmas blessing tinseltown! Sharing Jesus with other people is the greatest joy!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:10 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Jennifer, is it true that a woman stole a train and wrecked it into a residence in Saltsjobaden ? I saw a story about it on Google+.
Anyway, too funny!

WOW - that' s quite a Christmas story!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 am

I just got done putting together a puzzle for the last 2 hours. It was one my brother let us borrow when we visited Connecticut just before Christmas. It was fun! I can't remember when the last time I did one was!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:16 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I just got done putting together a puzzle for the last 2 hours. It was one my brother let us borrow when we visited Connecticut just before Christmas. It was fun! I can't remember when the last time I did one was!

That's Christmasy fun kiwi! So glad you enjoyed the challenge of a puzzle -- they are fun! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 am

Hello to all my Christmasy friends!

I am feeling somewhat better and have made a couple of posts. My Dh and kiddies are still very very sick. I am hoping I am on the mend so I can care for them 100% of the time! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter