2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:56 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Monday before Thanksgiving! This is the only time of year I get homesick. WE had so hoped to be with family this year, but the visa just did not come through in the time the lawyer said and now the national website says the average wait time is 13 months. Aargh. We made a dish with turkey ham this weekend and will have turkey wraps on thursday and then a casserole with the shredded leftover swedish thanksgiving turkey next weekend. I told Perky he gets many "thanksgivings" that way.

Perky said he had an "easter weekend". Dying on friday, dead on saturday and resurrected on Sunday. He feels like a new man. It is amazing what difference 1 little pill can make. He is now ready for Christmas! Oh yeah, I need to try to find him a new christmas t shirt.

I'm glad Perky is doing better and hope you find him the perfect Christmas shirt. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Michelle gave me a huge surprise yesterday. We decorated the house for Christmas! Everything but the tree. I have to wait for the boys to get home so that they can get it out of the attic. My shoulder is not up to the task yet.

I was like a kid on Christmas morning yesterday.

Happy Happy Happy!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:03 pm

I am now remembering why I wanted to have everything ready "for" First Advent rather than starting. Because of sickness the last two weekends, we have not done much except the essentials (laundry, bathroom, cats). No extras. Now we are at First Advent next week and Perky wants to go to the church bazaar on Saturday and I want to go to church services on Sunday........tough to do that AND decorate and celebrate our own First Advent. I see now that I wanted to be ready so we could go out and do things with the comfort that our own place was already ready. Note to self for next year. Oh, and I learned something at my conference on Friday.

In Finland, they have "little christmas" on the Saturday before first advent. With a mini buffet, small kid sized christmas tree and small token gifts for the kids. Will try to find more info. Learning about Christmas is so much fun, there is always something new to learn.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Michelle gave me a huge surprise yesterday. We decorated the house for Christmas! Everything but the tree. I have to wait for the boys to get home so that they can get it out of the attic. My shoulder is not up to the task yet.

Happy Happy Happy!!!

That sounds too christmas fun! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Monday before Thanksgiving! This is the only time of year I get homesick. WE had so hoped to be with family this year, but the visa just did not come through in the time the lawyer said and now the national website says the average wait time is 13 months. Aargh. We made a dish with turkey ham this weekend and will have turkey wraps on thursday and then a casserole with the shredded leftover swedish thanksgiving turkey next weekend. I told Perky he gets many "thanksgivings" that way.

Perky said he had an "easter weekend". Dying on friday, dead on saturday and resurrected on Sunday. He feels like a new man. It is amazing what difference 1 little pill can make. He is now ready for Christmas! Oh yeah, I need to try to find him a new christmas t shirt.

I'm glad Perky is doing better and hope you find him the perfect Christmas shirt. :D

So excited to read Perky is feeling like himself and ready to celebrate the holidays with you! Hang in there about the Visas! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Michelle gave me a huge surprise yesterday. We decorated the house for Christmas! Everything but the tree. I have to wait for the boys to get home so that they can get it out of the attic. My shoulder is not up to the task yet.

Happy Happy Happy!!!

Merry Monday Christmas Crazy! Michelle showed her love for you in a wonderful gesture! What fun it will be to have the 'boys' help you decorate the tree!!! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Today we found some boxes we had stashed when the house flooded. They just keep coming.......... :lol: So I'm unpacking, sorting & trying to find room for them. Because I gave away 1ceiling to floor wide bookshelf that takes some creativity! :lol: We even found some Christmas decorations from last year! I love Christmas decorating! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:32 pm

oh my, you have to see these cute Christmas t shirts. Decisions, decisions. .....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Santa-Claus-C ... 2447?rt=nc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Elf-Cost ... 3a85bab5e1
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:oh my, you have to see these cute Christmas t shirts. Decisions, decisions. .....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Santa-Claus-C ... 2447?rt=nc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Elf-Cost ... 3a85bab5e1

Those are adorable! My vote is for both..... :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:01 am

Perky chose the Santa shirt. I got an elf one.

Made the mincemeat pumpkin tarts last night. They do not look too good, but we will see on Saturday how they tastes. If not so good, I can always bring them to work and make more mincemeat tarts for Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi cay friends we sure have the christmas Grinch here on Rhodes ,floods , electrical storms ,earthquake and tonight believe it or not a fire ,unbelievable . Thanking God for keeping us safe but pray for those who are flooded and lost ... The christmas spirit is shinning through , people praying and helping one another . On a lighter note my annual christmas night will be on friday what starts off the festivities here , pot luck food ,plenty of wine and banoffee pie and rum ring for desert .Just need to put a few lights outside ,when the weather behaves , a christmas wreath on the door and finish the bathroom and it will be wonderful :gbhouse: :D :snowwow: :smilecc: :scene:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky chose the Santa shirt. I got an elf one.

Made the mincemeat pumpkin tarts last night. They do not look too good, but we will see on Saturday how they tastes. If not so good, I can always bring them to work and make more mincemeat tarts for Christmas!

What a Christmas couple you will be in those cute t-shirts!
:D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:44 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi cay friends we sure have the christmas Grinch here on Rhodes ,floods , electrical storms ,earthquake and tonight believe it or not a fire ,unbelievable . Thanking God for keeping us safe but pray for those who are flooded and lost ... The christmas spirit is shinning through , people praying and helping one another . On a lighter note my annual christmas night will be on friday what starts off the festivities here , pot luck food ,plenty of wine and banoffee pie and rum ring for desert .Just need to put a few lights outside ,when the weather behaves , a christmas wreath on the door and finish the bathroom and it will be wonderful :gbhouse: :D :snowwow: :smilecc: :scene:

Your Christmas spirit shines through the weather storms Tinseltown! Your menu tor the potluck is yummy! Stay safe & enjoy every Merry moment! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Just finished up the mailbox after sweeping the porch. The #s & seasonal magnets look great!! :D. They are a little loose but hoping the sun helps them seal. Now every season I can change the design. The Christmas snowfamily is perfect for me. Brings a merry ho ho ho smile to all. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Just finished watching Rudolph with the kids, now I think I am ready for bed as we wait for the snow to hit us, I am hoping for a white Christmas seeing I will be getting a white Thanksgiving. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:37 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Just finished watching Rudolph with the kids, now I think I am ready for bed as we wait for the snow to hit us, I am hoping for a white Christmas seeing I will be getting a white Thanksgiving. :smilecc:

Enjoy the 1st pre-Christmas snow!!
:snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:26 am

ksrjreed wrote:Just finished watching Rudolph with the kids, now I think I am ready for bed as we wait for the snow to hit us, I am hoping for a white Christmas seeing I will be getting a white Thanksgiving. :smilecc:

I always wondered what it would be like to have Thanksgiving with snow. Since our Swedish thanksgiving comes in October and I usually like to have at least the kitchen decorated by now, the fall decor is gone by American thanskgiving. We are a bit late this year, but it has not snowed yet either. So we will be having turkey tortilla wraps tomorrow after work with pumpkin spice cookies. Then on Friday it is all Christmas all the time!

http://www.live365.com/ has a Thanksgiving OTR channel!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Wishing all of you a safe & happy GET AWAY DAY! Whether you are traveling or family/friends are traveling to your home please be safe in these winter storms.

Time to start prepping the side dishes & deserts! :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Wishing all my Christmas friends a Very Happy Thanksgiving! :thanks:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter