2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:22 pm

While tomorrow is a busy day of family, friends, good food & football remember to take time for gratitude. Today I am carving out time to be quiet and ponder all I have to be grateful for in my life.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:32 pm

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

1 days until Thanksgiving Day! Gobble Gobble

27 days until Christmas Eve

28 days until Christmas Day! HO HO HO! :santagifts:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Perky got an early Christmas present today. His contract will be renewed in February with a pay raise. Not sure if it will be a permanent contract, another 6 months or a year, but it is a step in the right direction.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky got an early Christmas present today. His contract will be renewed in February with a pay raise. Not sure if it will be a permanent contract, another 6 months or a year, but it is a step in the right direction.

Awesomely great Christmas gift & answered prayer.

:D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Just finished our traditional Thanksgiving Eve viewing of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and I have to say I believe that movie gets funnier every time I watch it, now to get ready for a busy day tomorrow of food, family, football, and being thankful that I live in a country that allows me the freedoms that I have and gives me the ability to have the love of Christmas that I have. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving today. Then my oldest son came home and helped me get the Christmas tree out of the attic. We will decorate it tomorrow afternoon.

Turkey & Macy's parade tomorrow. Woohoo!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:11 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Christmas All Year friends!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Giving thanks for many blessings & each of you are one of them! Be blessed today!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:03 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Just finished our traditional Thanksgiving Eve viewing of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and I have to say I believe that movie gets funnier every time I watch it, now to get ready for a busy day tomorrow of food, family, football, and being thankful that I live in a country that allows me the freedoms that I have and gives me the ability to have the love of Christmas that I have. :smilecc:

Amen ksrjreed! Happy Thanksgiving! :thanks:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Just talked to my parents.My father has already put up the Christmas tree and taken the snow men out of storage. They are getting ready for christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just talked to my parents.My father has already put up the Christmas tree and taken the snow men out of storage. They are getting ready for christmas!

That is wonderful Jolly! So glad you spoke to them on Thanksgiving.

:D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:56 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Just finished our traditional Thanksgiving Eve viewing of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and I have to say I believe that movie gets funnier every time I watch it, now to get ready for a busy day tomorrow of food, family, football, and being thankful that I live in a country that allows me the freedoms that I have and gives me the ability to have the love of Christmas that I have. :smilecc:

That is a great movie. I had it recorded from TV in the US and must say I was shocked when I saw the DVD version. Next up is Christmas Vacation!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:50 am

Merry Friday Christmas and the first Friday of the official Christmas season! Perky went to work wearing his Christmas tie and I put out my USB Christmas tree at work and am wearing my "sneaky" Christmas earrings (red and green beads). Hope to decorate the apartment tomorrow and on Sunday we will have glögg, gingersnaps, and light the first Advent candle. My extended family in San Antonio is gathering on Saturday this year. I told my mother if we were there we would turn it into Swedish Advent and the first Christmas party of the season.

Also listening to Christmas OTR! Woohoo!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:30 pm

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 26 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Glad to hear everyone is getting involved in Christmas activities.
Wednesday I watched "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving".
Then on Thursday we had Thanksgiving dinner, then put up the tree and the kids and I decorated the outside of the house. We were the only bright spot in the neighborhood so far.
Today I'm nursing a cold and getting ready to do my stretching exercises for my shoulder.
I hope everyone is having a magnificent day!!!
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 26 days till Christmas! ..............

Merry Christmas Friday Christmas Crazy! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:38 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Glad to hear everyone is getting involved in Christmas activities.
Wednesday I watched "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving".
Then on Thursday we had Thanksgiving dinner, then put up the tree and the kids and I decorated the outside of the house. We were the only bright spot in the neighborhood so far.
Today I'm nursing a cold and getting ready to do my stretching exercises for my shoulder.
I hope everyone is having a magnificent day!!!
:elfgrin:

Your Thanksgiving Day sounds wonderful Christmas Crazy. Its always wonderful to decorate the tree/house with family. Shine your lights through the entire block! :gbhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:25 am

Merry First Saturday of the Official Christmas Season! I am hoping to get regular chores done as well as start decorating the kitchen. I would so like to have had it done by now, but one day at a time! If I were in Texas, I would say I had cedar fever, but I will not let it keep me down. Christmas is on its way!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

That is a great movie. I had it recorded from TV in the US and must say I was shocked when I saw the DVD version. Next up is Christmas Vacation!

Love both these films ,both are laugh out loud viewing but Christmas Vacation is a gem :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Festive friday went really well as we started off our Christmas festivities here in Rhodes . Food was yummy and the deserts :dinner: Got a giant box of chocolates from a dear friend :smilecc: The house was lit up . Christmas carols playing ,candles smelling of cinnamon and manderin were lit . We played board games and felt the season was upon us at last . Christmas is for sharing good food and fellowship Amen . Next week i have the bible study bunch coming for mincepies and christmas carrot cake , then the post Alpha course lot and then a few days later a morning to remember a dear friend we lost recently .Its beginning to look alot like christmas ......... :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter