2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:43 pm

The Desolation of Smaug is fabulous! Better than the first movie if that is possible. There is a lot of action, more of Legolas & great dragon scenes. It made my whole week to share it with my sister! :D :D :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:32 am

Rats, no snow for Christmas it seems, at least according to today´s news. But, they have been known to be wrong. Santa might send us a cold North Wind with Snow at the last minute! 4 more working days, maybe 3 if I take Friday off.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:23 am

Hi everyone . My friend posted a Christmas jibjab card with me as a dancing elf on my Facebook ,hilarious :P Having yet another Christmas carrot cake here this morning with some work colleagues , spreading the Christmas spirit of Christmas :smilecc: Blessings to you all :snowwow: still chillly here love it :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:35 am

Noel+ wrote:The Desolation of Smaug is fabulous! Better than the first movie if that is possible. There is a lot of action, more of Legolas & great dragon scenes. It made my whole week to share it with my sister! :D :D :D

I'm glad you got to share some time with your sister. A loving family is the best.
I can't wait to go see that movie. Maybe after Christmas.
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:37 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone . My friend posted a Christmas jibjab card with me as a dancing elf on my Facebook ,hilarious :P Having yet another Christmas carrot cake here this morning with some work colleagues , spreading the Christmas spirit of Christmas :smilecc: Blessings to you all :snowwow: still chillly here love it :smilecc:

Those dancing Christmas elves are hillarious!
I'll have to check out your video.
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:39 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Rats, no snow for Christmas it seems, at least according to today´s news. But, they have been known to be wrong. Santa might send us a cold North Wind with Snow at the last minute! 4 more working days, maybe 3 if I take Friday off.

Just four more days and will be on Chirstmas vacation till January 6th also.
Woot Woot!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Rats, no snow for Christmas it seems, at least according to today´s news. But, they have been known to be wrong. Santa might send us a cold North Wind with Snow at the last minute! 4 more working days, maybe 3 if I take Friday off.

Here's to you taking off Friday & starting your Christmas celebratory week early! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:The Desolation of Smaug is fabulous! Better than the first movie if that is possible. There is a lot of action, more of Legolas & great dragon scenes. It made my whole week to share it with my sister! :D :D :D

I'm glad you got to share some time with your sister. A loving family is the best.
I can't wait to go see that movie. Maybe after Christmas.
:D

Thanks Christmas Crazy! And yes it would be a great movie to keep the post-Christmas spirit high! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Just four more days and will be on Chirstmas vacation till January 6th also.
Woot Woot!!!

Doing the Christmas happy dance with you! :carolbells:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:12 pm

So glad to see new postings from my Christmas friends to cheer me up. This has been a rotten day. First I had an inexperienced technician at the blood lab and wound up walking out (I give them one chance to find a vein, no hunting......) so I have to go back tomorrow and pray she is not the only one in. Then what I thought was going to be a quiet week at work has turned out stressful because of a deadline I did not know we had......why do people assume I automatically know everything my predessesor did?? and to top it off, I have a mammogram tomorow. Ugh.........I am so looking forward to Christmas. I was feeling guilty about taking friday off, but not any more. I need a day to myself even if I have to go to the naprapat. It will be nice to sleep in a little and take my time getting there. :snowball: :angelpray: :merrysleigh:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Hope your week improves Jolly . I spread more of the Christmas spirit by decorating the lab for the doctor where i used to work ,it was a tiny tree though :lol: now just finished decorating my parents in laws house . Mum in law was thrilled ,especially with the nativity i created in her cubby hole with gold tinsel and figures i brought from England and the tree looks great . My friends have started to call me Mrs Christmas ,love it :smilecc: :snowwow: :shop: :singing: :holly1: :gbhouse: :laugh:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:32 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:So glad to see new postings from my Christmas friends to cheer me up. This has been a rotten day. First I had an inexperienced technician at the blood lab and wound up walking out (I give them one chance to find a vein, no hunting......) so I have to go back tomorrow and pray she is not the only one in. Then what I thought was going to be a quiet week at work has turned out stressful because of a deadline I did not know we had......why do people assume I automatically know everything my predessesor did?? and to top it off, I have a mammogram tomorow. Ugh.........I am so looking forward to Christmas. I was feeling guilty about taking friday off, but not any more. I need a day to myself even if I have to go to the naprapat. It will be nice to sleep in a little and take my time getting there. :snowball: :angelpray: :merrysleigh:

Sorry your day was so stressful, Jolly, and extra-glad you are definitely taking Friday off. To have a great Christmas we need time ourselves for R&R!! Maybe you can play Christmas carols with candlelight while taking a bubble bath! Either way hoping Wednesday is much smoother for you! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:34 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hope your week improves Jolly . I spread more of the Christmas spirit by decorating the lab for the doctor where i used to work ,it was a tiny tree though :lol: now just finished decorating my parents in laws house . Mum in law was thrilled ,especially with the nativity i created in her cubby hole with gold tinsel and figures i brought from England and the tree looks great . My friends have started to call me Mrs Christmas ,love it :smilecc: :snowwow: :shop: :singing: :holly1: :gbhouse: :laugh:

Just love how you spread the Christmas Spirit to all you know tinseltown! Now that's one of the truest reasons: to model God's giving! I think "Mrs Christmas" is very apropro for you! Merry Wednesday! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Another night, another concession stand, it gets very tiring but it is worth it, our kids help with the basketball concession stands and they earn ten dollars that go into a band trip account, which will go toward their trip to Disney World next year, we usually go in the spring but our band director is changing it up and we are going in the fall next year, which has me excited because we will be going the week before Thanksgiving which hopefully means Disney World will be in full blown Christmas set up when we are there. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:56 am

Good evening everyone! Merry Christmas! I am listening to Bing Crosby's "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas" as I type.

I am finally feeling like I can truly enjoy the season. Despite the snow on the ground right now, I have been stressed most of the year because of my job search. But alas... I was offered a position at a wonderful school just today!!!! Finally a full time job with benefits!! I feel like I can finally take a breath again.

I love being here with you all! More to come. :blinky1:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:27 am

WElcome back Kiwidogy! Congratulations on the job! This is the first Christmas in two years that we have both been working and it definitely makes life easier.

Today was much better than yesterday. Blood lab went well and ladies, caffeine free mammograms are definitely the way to go, I hardly felt a thing except for the last shot. I had more trouble with my arm and shoulder than the usual things. Glad that is over for me. Hubby has his drs appt tomorrow and will hopefully get the first chemo drug back, this new one is a doozy........

Tomorrow is our department Christmas dinner (julbord) at a restaurant and then HOPEFULLY, I am free! Of course, I keep thinking of all the work I should do over the holidays, but we need some time off. So looking forward to the Boxing Day Cruise. The ships should still be decorated for Christmas and it is ALOT cheaper than going Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

oh, I am listening to Christmas OTR on http://www.live365.com!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:38 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Another night, another concession stand, it gets very tiring but it is worth it, our kids help with the basketball concession stands and they earn ten dollars that go into a band trip account, which will go toward their trip to Disney World next year, we usually go in the spring but our band director is changing it up and we are going in the fall next year, which has me excited because we will be going the week before Thanksgiving which hopefully means Disney World will be in full blown Christmas set up when we are there. :smilecc:

Your Christmas adventures sound wonderful ksrjreed! And how exciting for the teens to earn their way to Disneyland next Autumn! All your hard work is reaping beautiful benefits! Just hoping you have time to rest Christmas Eve & Christmas Day and enjoy church services & family/friends! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:40 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Good evening everyone! Merry Christmas! I am listening to Bing Crosby's "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas" as I type.

I am finally feeling like I can truly enjoy the season. Despite the snow on the ground right now, I have been stressed most of the year because of my job search. But alas... I was offered a position at a wonderful school just today!!!! Finally a full time job with benefits!! I feel like I can finally take a breath again.

I love being here with you all! More to come. :blinky1:

CONGRATS! on your job kiwidogy!! Now that's an awesome Christmas present! Both you & Jolly received your Christmas miracles this year! :smilecc: :smilecc: :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi Cay friends hope you are all well and enjoying these special days . Just watched the movie Noel , so touching . Hubby going to buy the turkey tomorrow . We may have 12 for a sit down meal on boxing day so it better be a big one . :smilecc: Spreading the christmas spirit by getting everyone around the table :gbhouse: Thats the heart of Christmas isn,t it ,giving xxxxxxx :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:33 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends hope you are all well and enjoying these special days . Just watched the movie Noel , so touching . Hubby going to buy the turkey tomorrow . We may have 12 for a sit down meal on boxing day so it better be a big one . :smilecc: Spreading the christmas spirit by getting everyone around the table :gbhouse: Thats the heart of Christmas isn,t it ,giving xxxxxxx :snowwow:

Hi tinseltown! :D Yes we're having 18 at my sister's house and we have to prepare a ham & a turkey [large] just to feed everyone at dinner! But its a joy to all be together! And yes giving is the spirit of this special Christmas season. Sending you wishes for great joy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter