2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:49 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am up and ready to play with the train set. This is the first day in about 2 weeks I have been able to sleep in. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!!

that's how I feel tomorrow when I can sleep past 7am! Enjoy your Christmas train set! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:17 pm

This is a picture of my neighbors house across the street tonight.
I think he only does this cause his wife hates having the decorations up this long after Christmas.
Love it!
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:25 am

I like the pic of the neighbor's house! Cool Christmas spirit!!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:26 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:This is a picture of my neighbors house across the street tonight.
I think he only does this cause his wife hates having the decorations up this long after Christmas.
Love it!

What a beautiful Christmas site! Thanks for sharing. :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:51 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:This is a picture of my neighbors house across the street tonight.
Love it!

Fantastic!
Isn't the Ukrainian Christmas celebrated this weekend?
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:16 am

I had some cookies last night from a cookie swap at school that we did just before the Christmas break...Mint M&M's! So yummy. I have 7 more dozen different cookie doughs frozen in the freezer that will keep that Christmas feeling going. YUMMY!
:dinner:
I had actually forgotten about them. What a pleasant surprise!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 am

It is -2 degrees here during the day!!! There is not going to be any playing outside with Christmas presents today! It is a good day to read a book with some hot cocoa.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:34 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is -2 degrees here during the day!!! There is not going to be any playing outside with Christmas presents today! It is a good day to read a book with some hot cocoa.

Oh, that sounds lucious! Watch the snow fall, listen to the fire [or a fake one on tv] and read a good book. ENJOY the Christmasy atmosphere! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Just woke up! For some reason I tossed and turned last night due to fatigue most likely. Anyway, my first thought was check in at Christmas All Year! Hope ya'll have a peaceful and great holiday tomorrow! Christmas hugs! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Beautiful pics, Christmas Crazy! People are starting to take down their balcony lights here. When I put away hubby´s Christmas beer for Christmas in July, I found one left over from last year and an "old" Julmust! We had those tonight. Also found a loaf of Christmas bread on the balcony (the balcony doubles as an extra fridge/freezer in the winter in Sweden) so we put that in the big freezer for Christmas in July. Hubby also suggested instead of the storage bag we have been putting simple stuff in for Christmas in July, that we make a canvas bag and label it with embroidery. He is so cute. My seashell garland and hawiian mini ornaments should be in soon. The mini christmas tree is in "hiding" on top of the freezer behind the wine rack. Things are shaping up!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:It is -2 degrees here during the day!!! There is not going to be any playing outside with Christmas presents today! It is a good day to read a book with some hot cocoa.

Oh, that sounds lucious! Watch the snow fall, listen to the fire [or a fake one on tv] and read a good book. ENJOY the Christmasy atmosphere! :snowwow:

Found a series of christmas "romances" on amazon for ebook readers. The first is called a Texas Christmas Mystery, that will lead you to the others which are unfortunately ONLY available in ebook format. What a modern christmas feeling, watching fireplace DVD and reading an ebook. :lol:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Found a series of christmas "romances" on amazon for ebook readers. The first is called a Texas Christmas Mystery, that will lead you to the others which are unfortunately ONLY available in ebook format. What a modern christmas feeling, watching fireplace DVD and reading an ebook. :lol:

Good for you! You're like a Christmas detective on a search for more Christmas glow! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Oh. My sister just told me she & her DH took down all their Christmas yesterday. I took her challenge seriously -- and won -- but still have a house full of decorations to start boxing away tomorrow!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:34 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:
Love it!

Fantastic!
Isn't the Ukrainian Christmas celebrated this weekend?

I did not know that the Ukraine had a different Christmas celebration. have to check that out....hm...my ancestors came from Tjetjenien (Chechnya), does that buy me more time? :think:

I told hubby that since I am only a "stupid" American and do not understand the difference between the 20th day of Christmas (Jan 13) and January 20th, then that buys me another week. :lol: :scene: :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:35 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Good for you! You're like a Christmas detective on a search for more Christmas glow! :D

Internet research is both a job strength and a hobby. I find all sorts of interesting Christmas things! :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:40 am

FatherChristmas wrote:Guess what? St. Patrick's Day is in two months :)

That´s my birthday! :balloons:

We celebrate St. Patrick´s Day all month and watch Leprechaun´s Christmas gold! :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:43 am

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Goodnight my Christmas All Yr friends! I am looking forward to the 3 day weekend. God Bless Mr. King.

Enjoy your weekend! I'm working............ :elfgrin:

When I read this the first time, I thought you said 3 day work week. I will be celebrating MLK day the same way I did in the US, by working. Though there was an article about the day in the swedish newpaper. We are however, wearing US flag t shirts. It would have been a nice day off after the Christmas frenzy. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:33 am

I have post-Christmas high sugar levels and finding it very difficult to sleep! After working a 16 hr yesterday. you'd think I'd be still asleep. As it is I sleep 2-3 hrs, wake up for 2-4 hrs, and go around the cycle again.

Happy Martin Luther King day! He deserves our honor.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 am

Christmas wishes and a Happy MLK Day everyone!
They let us take today off at work, but it's not a paid holiday. We have to work four 10 hour days the rest of the week.
But that's OK. I still like the day off.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas wishes and a Happy MLK Day everyone!
They let us take today off at work, but it's not a paid holiday. We have to work four 10 hour days the rest of the week.
But that's OK. I still like the day off.

Ugh. In that case I would rather work mon-thurs and have friday off. Then if feels more like Christmas! :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter