CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:46 am

I recorded last nights new Christmas episode of the Middle and get to watch it this morning. Happy, happy, happy :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:49 am

I went Christmas shopping yesterday and bought dd a pink iPod touch 6th generation. I also bought a clear Lifeproof case for it. I always buy Otterbox cases but couldn't find one I wanted. I kinda like the clear case. What good is having a pink iPod if you cover it up. :hohat:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:54 am

CandyKane wrote:I went Christmas shopping yesterday and bought dd a pink iPod touch 6th generation. I also bought a clear Lifeproof case for it. I always buy Otterbox cases but couldn't find one I wanted. I kinda like the clear case. What good is having a pink iPod if you cover it up. :hohat:

Is the IPod your Christmas present? Pink definitely needs to be seen. :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I went Christmas shopping yesterday and bought dd a pink iPod touch 6th generation. I also bought a clear Lifeproof case for it. I always buy Otterbox cases but couldn't find one I wanted. I kinda like the clear case. What good is having a pink iPod if you cover it up. :hohat:

Is the IPod your Christmas present? Pink definitely needs to be seen. :wink:

It's for my dd. But maybe she'll share. :elfgrin:

Target has select kids outerwear on sale 50% off today only. I just ordered dd a pair of pink patterned snow pants for Christmas for $12 shipped. :shop: :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:15 pm

2 weeks from today is Christmas Eve. Wow! That's hard to believe. :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm watching Funny Farm. I love the Christmas scenes in this movie. :snowhead:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:31 pm

CandyKane wrote:I'm watching Funny Farm. I love the Christmas scenes in this movie. :snowhead:

Those Christmas scenes are super cute. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:22 pm

Noel+ wrote:Last night after work & dinner, I started candy making again. As a diabetic it is so tempting!

Christmas Candy:

Buckeyes [as in from Ohio; PB and chocolate!]
Kahlua balls
Rum Balls
Fudge - 3 types
Divinity

This weekend it is time to start the shortbread for cutouts and decoratingl

Christmas gift goodies to wrap very soon!
:snowink:

I really like Buckeyes! Especially at Christmas time. Yum!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:43 am

Noel+ wrote:Last night after work & dinner, I started candy making again. As a diabetic it is so tempting!

Christmas Candy:

Buckeyes [as in from Ohio; PB and chocolate!]
Kahlua balls
Rum Balls
Fudge - 3 types
Divinity

This weekend it is time to start the shortbread for cutouts and decoratingl

Christmas gift goodies to wrap very soon!
:snowink:

I could be interested in that buckeye recipe as there is a distinct lack of Reese's peanut butter cups at the North Pole. You can't have Peanut Butter Christmas (a Patch the Pirate CD) without Reese's peanut butter cups. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:46 am

Well, Santa must have heard my Christmas wish because I sent an email to the cruise company yesterday asking if they had a waiting list and I got a response last night that another opportunity will be opening up today at noon. You can bet I will be on the computer trying to book it at 12:01. This will blow our travel budget for the summer but that is okay. I can be happy with a Christmas in July lunch cruise and staycation.

Going back to Noel's candy post: I have actually made divinity here in Sweden. IN TExas it is a bit tough because of the humidity though some of the old mavens in my church growing up were amazing at it. My dad made the best fudge. When I asked him for the recipe a few years ago, he said he lost it as it was one of those that came out on the cocoa can.............
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:13 am

2 weeks til Christmas! :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:04 am

The Christmas fairies did their magic and the summer cruise is booked complete with a side trip to the Arctic Moose Farm. I can't wait. It will be as close to the Arctic Circle as I have been yet.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Well, Santa must have heard my Christmas wish because I sent an email to the cruise company yesterday asking if they had a waiting list and I got a response last night that another opportunity will be opening up today at noon. You can bet I will be on the computer trying to book it at 12:01. This will blow our travel budget for the summer but that is okay. I can be happy with a Christmas in July lunch cruise and staycation.

Going back to Noel's candy post: I have actually made divinity here in Sweden. IN TExas it is a bit tough because of the humidity though some of the old mavens in my church growing up were amazing at it. My dad made the best fudge. When I asked him for the recipe a few years ago, he said he lost it as it was one of those that came out on the cocoa can.............

:scene: Congrats! on the new travel opportunities! That's an early Christmas present for you Jolly!

My Dad made the best fudge ever. He beat it for an hour --- an hour! Then he sat it on the windowsill for a half-hour in the Indiana winter. I just can't get the old ingredients anymore. The fudge I make is from Hershey -- using their giant bars -- and it is good too. Enjoy your candy making!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:24 pm

Merry Christmas Friday!!

Time to enjoy the festivities: and the true meaning of Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Absolutely, CaNDYkANE! TWO WEEKS UNTIL cRISTMAS DAY!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:30 pm

2835 cHRISTMAS POSTS. We have 2 weeks ti reach 3000 Christmas posts.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:30 pm

:lights: :jump: :hide: :throw: 2835 cHRISTMAS POSTS. We have 2 weeks ti reach 3000 Christmas posts.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:32 pm

The next two weeks are my favorite time of year. All the Christmas decorating is completed; we are blessed with gifts under the tree. The 'busyness' of Christmas is winding down and now it is time to focus on celebrating and bonding as a family/church/neighborhood in true Christmas spirit.

Tonight I plan on relaxing; watching Christmas movies and eating chocolate covered pretzels!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:04 am

Merry Christmas Super Saturday my Christmas friends!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:05 am

There are house rules and then there are Christmas house rules! Take a peek:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter