CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:13 pm

Merry Christmas Saturday! Had a great day going to the outdoor museum for the Lucia celebrations today. They have a new program in a new restaurant on the grounds. It sort of looks like an old lodge and we were served rice pudding (Swedish thing), an open faced sandwich (also Swedish thing), coffee and water. It was much more than the "snack" I was expecting.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas Saturday! Had a great day going to the outdoor museum for the Lucia celebrations today. They have a new program in a new restaurant on the grounds. It sort of looks like an old lodge and we were served rice pudding (Swedish thing), an open faced sandwich (also Swedish thing), coffee and water. It was much more than the "snack" I was expecting.

What a lovely Christmas season as on celebration Jolly. I admit wishing I could travel/attend all these festivals like you do. Keep making beautiful Christmas memories! :hbd: :rabstar:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:07 pm

Just a busy night/day at home. No sleep last night as a kiddo was feeling ill. I did doze off in my chair after a warm bowl of nut/fruit Oatmeal.

Looking for my boots I found a brand new pair of black Mary Jane shoes I bought at clearance last January. So for church/lunch tomorrow I have my black sparkle hem slacks; my red "JOY" tee; and my gifts vest. Of course my tiny hoop earrings with gift charms complete my Christmas ensemble. Oh and looking for my winter black purse I found my snake print bag. It still has Kleenex & Riccola cough drops in it from last winter. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Happy Poinsettia Day!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Woohoo! Snow on the ground. Not sure it will lasts until Christmas, but we shall see! :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Congrats on he snow Jolly! :snowwow:

This morning it was 'chilly' here at 60F. Now it is 67F headed to 69F. Oh, well atleast it isn't over 70 so far today.

Let's all dream of a White Christmas this year! :snowink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Oh, my, the board is very quiet since Friday. Hope ya'll are out living Christmas but find to stop by for a few minutes. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Glad you've been able to hold down our Christmas fort Noel. :ornwave:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:44 pm

We took a Friday night road trip and saw some great Christmas light displays. We spent the night and shopped til we dropped yesterday. :shop: Love all the time I spend with my family. :thumbs:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:47 pm

We got home really late last night so we slept in this morning. :sleephat: That worked out perfect since it's rained all day long. Thankful for Christmas lights that really brighten up dreary days. :lights: :treewiggle:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Only 150 more posts to reach our goal by Christmas. :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:02 pm

CandyKane wrote:We took a Friday night road trip and saw some great Christmas light displays. We spent the night and shopped til we dropped yesterday. :shop: Love all the time I spend with my family. :thumbs:

Your family time for Christmas lights & shopping sounded wonderful. Family time enriches our souls! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:05 pm

CandyKane wrote:We got home really late last night so we slept in this morning. :sleephat: That worked out perfect since it's rained all day long. Thankful for Christmas lights that really brighten up dreary days. :lights: :treewiggle:

We turn the lights in the morning til the sun shines & back on again at sunset. That and lighted wreaths...garlands...candles fill the house with a beautiful f up glow. It is my favorite look for the house all year. Time for cookies & Christmas movies. :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Hello my friends. It sounds like everyone has been enjoying their Christmas season this weekend. Michelle and I were in Atlanta for my oldest's son's graduation from Georgia Tech. So proud of him. He graduated with highest honors and now will be moving to Indiana to work for Toyota as an engineer. Sure am going to miss him.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Tonight, Michelle and I watched "White Christmas" and Michael Buble's Christmas special (DVR). That Tori Kelly sure can sing!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:41 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello my friends. It sounds like everyone has been enjoying their Christmas season this weekend. Michelle and I were in Atlanta for my oldest's son's graduation from Georgia Tech. So proud of him. He graduated with highest honors and now will be moving to Indiana to work for Toyota as an engineer. Sure am going to miss him.

Wow that's some Christmas accomplishment for your son. Highest honors is something to be very proud of indeed. Oh he's gonna love Indiana & you'll have a new reason to go home again. :blinky1: :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:13 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello my friends. It sounds like everyone has been enjoying their Christmas season this weekend. Michelle and I were in Atlanta for my oldest's son's graduation from Georgia Tech. So proud of him. He graduated with highest honors and now will be moving to Indiana to work for Toyota as an engineer. Sure am going to miss him.

Wow! Congratulations on the graduation and the job for your son! Two great Christmas presents. I only have 4 days to work this week, but they are going to be busy ones. So looking forward to sleeping in on Friday and maybe watching a Christmas movie or two. :sleephat:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:02 am

http://www.thelocal.se/20151214/1000-jo ... -in-sweden

Some Monday Morning Christmas fun. I would have loved to have had this broadcast on tv with the same enthusiasm as the Stockholm Marathon.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:27 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Wow! Congratulations on the graduation and the job for your son! Two great Christmas presents. I only have 4 days to work this week, but they are going to be busy ones. So looking forward to sleeping in on Friday and maybe watching a Christmas movie or two. :sleephat:

I also only work four days this week. Then I'm on Christmas vacation till January 4th. :shop:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:28 am

Merry Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter