2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:46 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Having dinner with my parents tonight. With all of my village pieces finally here, I think I should come up with some sort of drawing to plan out what the scene will look like. I love the idea of planning for next Christmas!! Plus, I need to know how much space I will need.

Oh, you definitely need to know how much room you need before you can plan the layout. Almost a decade ago we had a huge village assortment. Actually some of the pieces were hand me down treasures. And I needed more than one harvest table at different heights, to make mountains, ponds, etc and give the village a great glow.

A Christmas village is a reminder of the past to be enjoyed Christmas present and future! Look forward to your photos! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:47 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:300 posts before the end of January!!! We are well on our way to our Christmas 2012 goal!!

Woot! Woot! Lets Christmas rock and roll! :shop:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:15 pm

I am somewhat of a tech nerd. I am going to try to use a floor plan app on my iPad to try to sketch my Christmas village layout. :gbhouse:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:38 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Having dinner with my parents tonight. With all of my village pieces finally here, I think I should come up with some sort of drawing to plan out what the scene will look like. I love the idea of planning for next Christmas!! Plus, I need to know how much space I will need.

Now that sounds like a nice plan! My package was in fact the seashell garland. It is as light and delicate as it appeared, just way overpackaged. they could have sent a padded envelope after all. It made cheap plastic garland look like a real Christmas present! Will look great on the Christmas in July tree. Now all I need is a starfish for the top! Too bad we don´t really have "beach" in Sweden, despite being a series of islands. :laugh:

have to see about getting a photo account so I can post pics, any advice?
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am somewhat of a tech nerd. I am going to try to use a floor plan app on my iPad to try to sketch my Christmas village layout. :gbhouse:

What is it exactly that you collect? I sent you the Department 56 link because I worked for Hallmark for 6 years and that is what I think of in terms of Christmas Village...I look forward to seeing your pics! :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:49 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am somewhat of a tech nerd. I am going to try to use a floor plan app on my iPad to try to sketch my Christmas village layout. :gbhouse:

Do you have a certain app or are you just sketching it out on the iPad?
I almost bought myself an iPad after Christmas. But I couldn't see spending $500-$600 on a toy.
But I know I would enjoy one.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby FatherChristmas » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:55 am

Okay Christmas friends, I have a dilemma. There is a beautiful Victorian Santa for sale on the internet and it's extremely rare and would be a great addition to my collection. But it's over 100 bucks and is way over my budget. But I really want it! Anyone have any suggestions?
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:47 pm

So yesterday morning I ran into the bathroom, where my wife and daughter were primping in front of the mirror, and yelled "There are only 341 shopping days left till Christmas! We need to get started before it's too late!"
They just rolled their eyes at me. :roll:
:lol:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:51 pm

I collect exactly the types of things that were in the Dept 56 link you sent...small houses and Christmas village pieces.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:53 pm

I have not decided how I was going to sketchup the Christmas village. I was hoping to do it on the iPad with an app. If one isn't available, I will draw it on the iPad on a "whiteboard" type app.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 pm

That's nerdy smart! :wink: I got a Kindle Fire tablet for Christmas and I just love it. I'd never go back to stand computing! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:49 pm

FatherChristmas wrote:Okay Christmas friends, I have a dilemma. There is a beautiful Victorian Santa for sale on the internet and it's extremely rare and would be a great addition to my collection. But it's over 100 bucks and is way over my budget. But I really want it! Anyone have any suggestions?

Father Christmas: my suggestion, buy it! Set up a small budget adjustment and each paydate put some of the price back into your account. A rare collectible, one that touches your heart, becomes a family heirloom! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:09 am

http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2011 ... -chex-mix/

I wonder if this would work with white chocolate. We are planning a "snackfest" at the end of the month to sit in front of the tv and watch christmas movies since we have not had a chance to do that all season. I am thinking snack mix (no chex, but have to improvise), cheetos my parents sent from the US, and for some "substance" pigs in the blankets (have to make my own biscuits for that one) and maybe deviled eggs. Sit in front of the tv food. Any other suggestions?

Hubby took down the christmas tree and some of the lights yesterday. I told him he can leave them up until the end of the month, but he said Christmas in July is not fun if it is Christmas all the time. He is cute. We still have the Swedish star in the kitchen and will probably leave the red lights up through February. They make nice night lights when you have to get up at night. :sleephat:

Hubby has to work on Saturday so I told him I was going to play Christmas music while he was gone and I am cleaning. I might play it loud enough to wake the neighbors. :whistle: :muffs: :D
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:02 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I have not decided how I was going to sketchup the Christmas village. I was hoping to do it on the iPad with an app. If one isn't available, I will draw it on the iPad on a "whiteboard" type app.

My brain is saying "etch a sketch". Oh memories of christmas long ago. :laugh:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I have not decided how I was going to sketchup the Christmas village. I was hoping to do it on the iPad with an app. If one isn't available, I will draw it on the iPad on a "whiteboard" type app.

My brain is saying "etch a sketch". Oh memories of christmas long ago. :laugh:

AND it would work too! It was a great Christmas gift when I was a child too! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:23 pm

A dreary, misty, and foggy day here today. Dd and I went shopping. It's kinda sad to see the Valentine's stuff where the Christmas stuff used to be. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Starting this Sunday, US postage rates are going up again. It's gonna cost even more to mail all those Christmas cards and packages. :roll:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:15 pm

CandyKane wrote:Starting this Sunday, US postage rates are going up again. It's gonna cost even more to mail all those Christmas cards and packages. :roll:

And that's the #1 reason in the last decade many people have stopped sending Christmas cards even to family! :cry: :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:16 pm

I need a little Christmas today........

my sister was fired from her job w/o notice or pay

my unemployed brother - fired after July 4th weekend - is still unemployed

my employer just stated unless I come up with an idea to save the department/company money I will "never" get a raise. We've had a wage freeze for over 4 years.

This economy is a life/family/home killer. So many of you are in the same/worse shape -- my heart goes out to you all.

Just one reason I love CAY to keep me focused on the blessing of Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Noel, I am sorry to hear about you and your family's struggles. I hope this new year brings you some comfort in the job department. It is indeed very nice to have my CAY friends to let us all get away and focus on the love and warm feelings that come with Christmas.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter