CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Time for Christmas breakfast!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:10 pm

Noel+ wrote:Merry Christmas my CAY friends!! Stayed up until 3am. Poor DH trying to put together toys while I watched Christmas movies. It works better that way. :wink:

Waiting for my brother to arrive any minute after his 3.5 hr drive for breakfast! Then we're off to my sister's house for luncheon & dinner gifts. By the time we're home again I'll be ready for bed.

I do wish we had chapel today like when I was a child. Oh, well, Christmas Past remains in my heart forever!

I was Reading yesterday that Christmas Day services in the US are few and far between. I am Always amazed at the number of people at our 7 a m Julotta. The janitor said they had 300 at the children's "crib" (nativity service) at 10 a.m. on Christmas Eve. Have a blessed day Christmas friend. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Have seen two cute Christmas Movies since yesterday. One Christmas Eve with Anne Heche and Just in Time for Christmas with bit parts for William Shatner and Christopher Lloyd.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:06 pm

We enjoyed a Time for Christmas movie too Jolly. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:05 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:06 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:40 am

From now until New Year's the Swedes say "God försättning". Good continuation (of Chrismtas). We are off on the annual Boxing Day Cruise later today. Looking forward to it Before beginning work again on Monday. Bon Voyage!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:28 am

3066 Christmas Final Posts for 2015!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:30 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:From now until New Year's the Swedes say "God försättning". Good continuation (of Chrismtas). We are off on the annual Boxing Day Cruise later today. Looking forward to it Before beginning work again on Monday. Bon Voyage!

Bon Voyage Jolly! Enjoy your beautiful Boxing Day cruise!!

Today is more family time for me followed tomorrow by church and then Star Wars!!

Everyone enjoy their post-Christmas weekend. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:10 pm

The day after Christmas. My plan is to do absolutely nothing today. Let's see how that works out for me. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:13 pm

This was kinda of a weird Christmas. With 70 and 80 degree temps every day it was hard to stay in the Spirit. Right now we are getting a thunderstorm. The forecast is for solid rain for the next 3 days. Ugh! :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:09 pm

CandyKane wrote:The day after Christmas. My plan is to do absolutely nothing today. Let's see how that works out for me. :smilecc:

Sounds post-Christmas perfect to me CK!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:56 am

Greetings from the Baltic. Getting in around 8 pm tonight. Technically I am "on the clock" at 8 am tomorrow but working at home. Perky is still on Christmas vacation.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:18 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Greetings from the Baltic. Getting in around 8 pm tonight. Technically I am "on the clock" at 8 am tomorrow but working at home. Perky is still on Christmas vacation.

Greetings Jolly Christmas friend. Glad your voyage is a smooth one. I am off to church. Then Star Wars with all the family before the goodbyes. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Wishing each of my Christmas friends a lovely new eek and:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:29 pm

I hope all of m my CAY friends had a wonderful Christmas! My time with family and friends was amazing, relaxing, and kept my tank full of Christmas cheer! The last 2 days we have scanned local stores for Christmas decorations and presents for 2016. It has been quite fun! Tomorrow will be a quiet day. I plan to stay wrapped in my Christmas cacoon for as long as possible!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:35 pm

I am thinking of ways to keep my Christmas village up all year long. I do have a separate train set that could help me do that...*thinking*
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:07 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I hope all of m my CAY friends had a wonderful Christmas! My time with family and friends was amazing, relaxing, and kept my tank full of Christmas cheer! The last 2 days we have scanned local stores for Christmas decorations and presents for 2016. It has been quite fun! Tomorrow will be a quiet day. I plan to stay wrapped in my Christmas cacoon for as long as possible!

It is great news to know your Christmas was wonderful Kiwi! I wish I could leave my tree up all year too. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:39 am

The snow has finally arrived here! While I did like not having to wear a coat at Christmas, I did miss the snow.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:27 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am thinking of ways to keep my Christmas village up all year long. I do have a separate train set that could help me do that...*thinking*

Kiwi have you thought about going vertically with your Christmas village? You could run your train around the bottom. I saw a great display made from an antique wooden folding ladder. Boards run across it give a lot of room for village pieces. It's definitely on my to do list. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter