CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:05 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Crazy day at work as we prepare for the spring term. Unlike the US, the Swedish terms go all the way until 15 January with the Spring term starting 18 January. Whew! Trying to stay sane by listening to some Christmas tunes on Live365.

There is nothing like Christmas tunes to keep my sanity all year long. Wishing you a peaceful day. :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:06 am

3102 Christmas posts!!! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:07 am

Thank you for the ladder plans! That is awesome! My goal is to complete quite a few DIY Christmas projects this year.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:23 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Thank you for the ladder plans! That is awesome! My goal is to complete quite a few DIY Christmas projects this year.

:smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:32 am

Noel+ wrote:3102 Christmas posts!!! :smilecc:

We have done awesome this year! Can't wait for the new Christmas thread! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:37 am

It ain't raining today so I am one happy gal. :D There's still a lot of flooding and all our outside farm chores are hard because it's a mud mess out there. Winter Storm Goliath has really packed a punch. And now the colder temperatures have arrived so it feels like Christmas! :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:42 am

This morning I have started packing away all my decorations. I'll leave the Christmas tree up until after New Years Day. :treewiggle:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:44 am

CandyKane wrote:

We have done awesome this year! Can't wait for the new Christmas thread! :smilecc:

Even though we did great at the end, I am all for a low Christmas goal to keep the pressure off. I will be very busy in the spring with student evaluations and may not be online as much. Then again, it's a nice break in the day to check up on my Christmas friends. :think:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:We made it home around 5:30 this evening. 14 hour drives are exhausting. But we had a great time celebrating Christmas with family which makes it all worth it.
:D :santa:
We are really looking forward to sleeping in our own bed tonight.
:sleephat:

So glad you had a safe and fun trip. I'm sure you had sweet Christmas dreams after that long drive. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Earlier this month I posted about the little girl who wanted Christmas cards. I've since been following her story on Facebook. She received hundreds of thousands of cards and got to take a trip to Disney World. It's wonderful how Christmas unites and inspires us. :angelmerry: :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:The snow has finally arrived here! While I did like not having to wear a coat at Christmas, I did miss the snow.

Enjoy your After Christmas snow. We got rain. Over 8 inches have fallen since Saturday. A chance of another shower this afternoon then hopefully it's gonna be over. :holly1:

That is more than a lot of rain CK! Stay safe. How did your DD like her iPad? :D

The iPod was a huge hit. She already has an iPad and I have an iPhone. She wanted an iPhone too but I say 8 is just too young. Maybe next Christmas. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:20 pm

CandyKane wrote:This morning I have started packing away all my decorations. I'll leave the Christmas tree up until after New Years Day. :treewiggle:

Wow CK you're a real go getter! I feel lazy compared to you.
:wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:21 pm

CandyKane wrote:Earlier this month I posted about the little girl who wanted Christmas cards. I've since been following her story on Facebook. She received hundreds of thousands of cards and got to take a trip to Disney World. It's wonderful how Christmas unites and inspires us. :angelmerry: :rabstar:

She is a real Christmas blessing!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:This morning I have started packing away all my decorations. I'll leave the Christmas tree up until after New Years Day. :treewiggle:

Christmas decorations stay up until 13 January, St. Knut's Day. We usually wind up taking them down by the end of the month. So glad I created the christmas emergency bag a few year's ago. This year, it is all we used. Just enough to be festive and fullfill the "Swedish" requirements of stars in the windows, Electric Candle stick, and tray for advent Candles. Changing the curtains and linens really adds alot of festivity. I guess because european apartments are so small. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:52 pm

CandyKane wrote:Earlier this month I posted about the little girl who wanted Christmas cards. I've since been following her story on Facebook. She received hundreds of thousands of cards and got to take a trip to Disney World. It's wonderful how Christmas unites and inspires us. :angelmerry: :rabstar:

That is so Christmas cool!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Noel+ wrote:

I am putting that off as long as I can. But think Michelle will want the house back in order before we go back to work Monday. :cry:
I would like to enjoy the Christmas decorations longer, but not the whole house all year. But I wouldn't mind a year round Christmas man cave like kiwi. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
CandyKane wrote:

Even though we did great at the end, I am all for a low Christmas goal to keep the pressure off. I will be very busy in the spring with student evaluations and may not be online as much. Then again, it's a nice break in the day to check up on my Christmas friends. :think:

I think we can do that. What does everyone think of starting at 1500 Christmas posts and adjust it from there.

Noel can title it "Christmas 2016". Similar to this years title.

Sound good?

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:33 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
CandyKane wrote:

I think we can do that. What does everyone think of starting at 1500 Christmas posts and adjust it from there.

Sound good?

Sounds Christmas Perfect! We can evaluate at Thanksgiving and even adjust "downwards" if necessary. I don't Think we have room for a Christmas corner all year but it is Always fun looking forward to Christmas in July and bringing out the same Little tree but with the hawaiian ornaments. Some years I have left up the nativity set until Easter as my mother often did (because she forgot to put it away). I am sad to say it got lost in the move. Maybe in one of the downstairs boxes. Next time we bring them up (2 years from now??) I will try to remember to put it in the upstairs closet.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:46 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
CandyKane wrote:

Sound good?

Sounds fine to me Christmas Crazy. But my personal prediction is we'll be at 1500 posts by Christmas in July. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:48 am

Got out at daylight this morning to take care of the farm chores. The mud is much easier to get around in when it's half frozen. At least the cold temps are making it feel like Christmas. :cold:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter