Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:26 am

No matter what side of the political aisle we are on (or even smack Dab in the middle), it comforts me to know that we all come together for a love of Christmas. I hope this can carry into the rest of our lives someday.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:45 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:No matter what side of the political aisle we are on (or even smack Dab in the middle), it comforts me to know that we all come together for a love of Christmas. I hope this can carry into the rest of our lives someday.

If we believe we can carry Christmas love in our heart always. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:26 am

Noel+ wrote:All the tvs are turned to Fox for the inauguration so I can catch a little glimpse here and there. I love Melania's outfit -- very Jackie O. The first ladies never let us down with their style and class. This is the biggest tv show since Christmas.

Caught a bit of it on Swedish tv. Perky said I missed the oaths by two minutes. I agree, I would be watching as much as I could no matter who won. Any new president deserves support until they prove otherwise. It used to be the american way. I saw a bit of President Obama's Farewell where he said if you didn't like the result, get involved in the process in your local communities. That is the way to make change. People just need to have more christmas spirit in their hearts.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:03 am

Happy Saturday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:10 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jm3dm5J5r0A

Now I need a cat I can wrap for Christmas. My cat would not stand for this. :lol: :opengifts:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Merry Santa Saturday Christmas!!!
I love the weekends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:05 pm

CandyKane wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jm3dm5J5r0A

Now I need a cat I can wrap for Christmas. My cat would not stand for this. :lol: :opengifts:

My cat would be in a Christmas tizz if I tried this on her! :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Merry Santa Saturday Cristmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:08 pm

The promised rain for the last 3 days appeared for only 15 minutes yesterday afternoon. Now they're predicting partly cloudy t sunny with no chance of rain for the next 7 days. Christmas bummer.......again. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:09 am

Merry Snowy Sunday Christmas! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:15 am

A sad post-Christmas since several family members unfriended because I support in prayer our new president. I always pray for our leaders. They assume they know who I voted for despite my not divulging that information. It kept me up all night with tears and a broken heart. I admit to not understanding that attitude. I have famiky/friends who are different nationalities, color, education, political views, differing faiths and sexual identity. I love and accept each of them and would never exclude or mock them. Your prayers would be appreciated. Bless you.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Noel+ wrote:A sad post-Christmas since several family members unfriended because I support in prayer our new president. I always pray for our leaders. They assume they know who I voted for despite my not divulging that information. It kept me up all night with tears and a broken heart. I admit to not understanding that attitude. I have famiky/friends who are different nationalities, color, education, political views, differing faiths and sexual identity. I love and accept each of them and would never exclude or mock them. Your prayers would be appreciated. Bless you.

Regardless of how one voted in the election, it is right and proper to pray for the new Commander in Chief. If he fails, everyone fails. If he succeeds, it benefits everyone. I pray for the current leaders, and continue to pray for Mrs. Clinton. Being so Close to Russia, Mr. Putin is often also in my prayers. The Bible tells us to pray for our enemies. I had hoped my broken relationship with a childhood friend would mend after the election, but I guess not. Everyone just needs to have more Christmas spirit in their hearts.
Last edited by Jolly O'Leary on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Noel+ wrote:Merry Snowy Sunday Christmas! :snowwow:

Merry Snowy Sunday Christmas Noel!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Noel+ wrote:A sad post-Christmas since several family members unfriended because I support in prayer our new president. I always pray for our leaders. They assume they know who I voted for despite my not divulging that information. It kept me up all night with tears and a broken heart. I admit to not understanding that attitude. I have famiky/friends who are different nationalities, color, education, political views, differing faiths and sexual identity. I love and accept each of them and would never exclude or mock them. Your prayers would be appreciated. Bless you.

Praying for you and your family/friends my Christmas friend.
Satan has so many blinded with things that just don't matter eternally that they no longer see what is really important. Family and friendship ranks so much higher than politics and voting. People need to remember that we are in the middle of eternity and none of this "stuff" will last. None of it! God bless you my friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Praying for you and your family/friends my Christmas friend.
Satan has so many blinded with things that just don't matter eternally that they no longer see what is really important. Family and friendship ranks so much higher than politics and voting. People need to remember that we are in the middle of eternity and none of this "stuff" will last. None of it! God bless you my friend.

One of the best sound bytes played on Swedish tv was President Obama saying if you don't like the result, get involved in your communities and the process. (as opposed to looting and pillaging I hope). I did not hear the entire speech but hope he was headed that direction. Used to be people could have sane conversations about their differences, but for some reason, that is no longer possible. I lost one friend with him making some pretty mean and false parting shots, and found myself in danger of losing Another. I don't want that to happen, so I have temporarily (hopefully) distanced myself from her and any topic we disagree on. I don't want to lose any more friends regardless of their opinions. It is no Christmas fun at all.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Thanks for your prayers Jolly and Christmas Crazy.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:30 am

It has been somewhat disheartening to see he divisiveness from the political process after a time of such selflessness, support, and love at Christmas. I agree with what our former President Obama said about getting involved. No matter which side you are on, I hope that this whole experience will encourage people to get more involved and interested in what is going on in their local community and national government. With so many people interested and invested in what is going on, I think we can make a better county, world, and Christmas for everyone for years to come!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:30 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It has been somewhat disheartening to see he divisiveness from the political process after a time of such selflessness, support, and love at Christmas. I agree with what our former President Obama said about getting involved. No matter which side you are on, I hope that this whole experience will encourage people to get more involved and interested in what is going on in their local community and national government. With so many people interested and invested in what is going on, I think we can make a better county, world, and Christmas for everyone for years to come!

Oh good, I had hoped I got the context of President Obama's speech correct. The Swedish media twists things for their own benefit so I cannot always be sure. Unfortunately, the spirit of Christmas did not last very long afterwards this year. Hopefully it will return soon.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:50 am

Noel, you have more Christmas Spirit and more Christmas love than anyone I know. It's a blessing to pray for others and we should always pray for the people that lead us. Like it or not, there's a new President. You have to respect that. I'm so glad that the school system here let the kids watch the inauguration. It wasn't about the man. It was about the process. And they learned so much. We witnessed history. And that's cool. :smilecc:
Last edited by CandyKane on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:51 am

We didn't get our Christmas wish as the Cowboys didn't make it to the Super Bowl. Never thought I'd be cheering for Atlanta :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter