CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:32 am

Just stopping by for a quick Christmas hi!

Big meetings tomorrow about the merger. Fun fun fun. My immediate boss told me that we are only moving floors soon, not the big department merger that is a longer process. I no longer fear I will lose a job by June, whether I survive the one I have until then remains to be seen. As the department janitor as well as an admin, I do not like the sound of this. Too bad Santa can't send a few elves to help me.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:36 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just stopping by for a quick Christmas hi!

Big meetings tomorrow about the merger. Fun fun fun. My immediate boss told me that we are only moving floors soon, not the big department merger that is a longer process. I no longer fear I will lose a job by June, whether I survive the one I have until then remains to be seen. As the department janitor as well as an admin, I do not like the sound of this. Too bad Santa can't send a few elves to help me.

:holly1: Hi Jolly. Keeping you & the merger in our thoughts. Keep thinking Christmas thoughts! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:24 am

It's a beautiful day today. We are headed to a high of 80. :D But a cold front over the next few days is bringing a chance for severe storms tonight and tomorrow. Praying for no tornadoes. Yesterday I found 'Christmas with Tucker' at a used book sale. It's a prequel to ' A Dog Named Christmas' which is one of my all time favs. I've already read ' A Christmas Home' which is the sequel. I can't wait to curl up and read it. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:32 am

Wore my Rudolph socks today to keep up the Christmas cheer! Long day of meetings. I just want to fly to the North Pole. Wonder if Santa needs an admin to keep the elves in line. Even hubby wore red socks today.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:35 pm

CandyKane wrote:It's a beautiful day today. We are headed to a high of 80. :D But a cold front over the next few days is bringing a chance for severe storms tonight and tomorrow. Praying for no tornadoes. Yesterday I found 'Christmas with Tucker' at a used book sale. It's a prequel to ' A Dog Named Christmas' which is one of my all time favs. I've already read ' A Christmas Home' which is the sequel. I can't wait to curl up and read it. :scene:

:holly1: Those are my favorite Hallmark Christmas movies! I need yo read the books before Christmas to. A great find CK....enjoy hour reading time. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Wore my Rudolph socks today to keep up the Christmas cheer! Long day of meetings. I just want to fly to the North Pole. Wonder if Santa needs an admin to keep the elves in line. Even hubby wore red socks today.

:rudolph1: Wore my Rudolph socks too! Its going to be 98 this weekend. :shock: Sure would love me some North Pole Christmas weather! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Wore my Rudolph socks today to keep up the Christmas cheer! Long day of meetings. I just want to fly to the North Pole. Wonder if Santa needs an admin to keep the elves in line. Even hubby wore red socks today.

:rudolph1: Wore my Rudolph socks too! Its going to be 98 this weekend. :shock: Sure would love me some North Pole Christmas weather! :snowwow:

I told Perky I ordered red and green "weed" leaf socks for summer Christmas cheer. He just looked at me. I said it was all I could find that was red and green in summer socks, besides no one can actually see the sneaker socks inside my shoes. also, if you knew me, this the farthest thing from my normal personality as one could get. I am getting wild in my old age! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Oriental Trading is offering free shipping now through midnight tomorrow night. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone needs to order anything for Easter or Operation Christmas Child. :shop: :shop: :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:32 pm

CandyKane wrote:Oriental Trading is offering free shipping now through midnight tomorrow night. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone needs to order anything for Easter or Operation Christmas Child. :shop: :shop: :shop:

:holly1: Thanks CK! I sure miss Terry's but Oriental is great for Operation Christian Child. Time to order! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:32 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

I told Perky I ordered red and green "weed" leaf socks for summer Christmas cheer. He just looked at me. I said it was all I could find that was red and green in summer sock :lol: s, besides no one can actually see the sneaker socks inside my shoes. also, if you knew me, this the farthest thing from my normal personality as one could get. I am getting wild in my old age! :scene:

:lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:32 am

Airline tickets for Dublin are purchased! We will be in Dublin April 29-May 1. This is my belated birthday trip and in lieu of the week we had hoped to spend in the summer. BUT, God works all things to good. I have a facebook friend from Malaysia. A true Christian brother as we met on a Down Gilead Lane forum. The only "adults" among a group of teens and college students. He has invited us to Malaysia but for many reasons I would be reluctant to travel to that part of the world, BUT, he and his wife will be in Germany on a work conference during the week we would have been to Ireland........so we are hoping to make plans to meet up with him in Nurnberg somewhere during the week we celebrate Christmas in July! Now that will be a Christmas in July to remember! :blinky1:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:49 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Airline tickets for Dublin are purchased! We will be in Dublin April 29-May 1. This is my belated birthday trip and in lieu of the week we had hoped to spend in the summer. BUT, God works all things to good. I have a facebook friend from Malaysia. A true Christian brother as we met on a Down Gilead Lane forum. The only "adults" among a group of teens and college students. He has invited us to Malaysia but for many reasons I would be reluctant to travel to that part of the world, BUT, he and his wife will be in Germany on a work conference during the week we would have been to Ireland........so we are hoping to make plans to meet up with him in Nurnberg somewhere during the week we celebrate Christmas in July! Now that will be a Christmas in July to remember! :blinky1:

:holly1: Jolly so delighted you will still have an Ireland trip late Spring. And what a great Christmas in July event you are planning in Nuremburg! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:11 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Airline tickets for Dublin are purchased! We will be in Dublin April 29-May 1. This is my belated birthday trip and in lieu of the week we had hoped to spend in the summer. BUT, God works all things to good. I have a facebook friend from Malaysia. A true Christian brother as we met on a Down Gilead Lane forum. The only "adults" among a group of teens and college students. He has invited us to Malaysia but for many reasons I would be reluctant to travel to that part of the world, BUT, he and his wife will be in Germany on a work conference during the week we would have been to Ireland........so we are hoping to make plans to meet up with him in Nurnberg somewhere during the week we celebrate Christmas in July! Now that will be a Christmas in July to remember! :blinky1:

Wow, how exciting! True Christmas fun. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Not sure where my beautiful Spring went but I want it back! Temps around 50 and a Cold rainis falling. Got some housework to do then I'm gonna dive in my Christmas book. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:03 pm

CandyKane wrote:Not sure where my beautiful Spring went but I want it back! Temps around 50 and a Cold rainis falling. Got some housework to do then I'm gonna dive in my Christmas book. :smilecc:

:holly1: Its summer here & I want winter back. Its 91 here st noon. Weather can be so frustrating. Enjoy hour Christmas book CK by the fireplace. Spring wishes coming your way. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Wet Cold has returned. 43F and raining. I hope it warms up slightly for Easter. We have had snow and then it looks more like Christmas......... :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:59 pm

To
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Wet Cold has returned. 43F and raining. I hope it warms up slightly for Easter. We have had snow and then it looks more like Christmas......... :snowwow:

:snowwow: If only you could send some post Christmas snow to me!

:wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:34 am

Merry Friday Christmas! Our last as next Friday we will observe Good Friday (Long Friday in Swedish) and then put aside Friday Christmases until Christmas in July. The first year we tried having them year round, but found it became "routine". With the break, the Christmas Joy returns with the music for Christmas in July! Perky says we will be celebrating "Weinachten i Jul" since we will most likely be in Germany that week. He is too Christmas cute!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:04 am

MERRY FRIDAY CHRISTMAS!!!

Yes we also find we need breaks Gil Christmas in July to truly appreciate the celebrations. Still we listen yo carols freon time to time.
:smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:55 am

Noel+ wrote:MERRY FRIDAY CHRISTMAS!!!

Yes we also find we need breaks Gil Christmas in July to truly appreciate the celebrations. Still we listen yo carols freon time to time.
:smilecc:

True. Perky's mother used to put on Christmas music for cleaning so sometimes we do that when the mood strikes. Trying to come up with something interesting for Palm Sunday dinner. For Maundy Thursday we eat "Passover pie"--minced lamb quiche with beets, feta cheese, ruccula, and I throw in some horseradish and you have most of the elements of Passover. (no offense intended to our Jewish friends). Good Friday in Sweden is salmon. Saturday is the big smörgåsbord and Easter Sunday is chicken, yellow rice, eggs, and leftover smörgåsbord. Then you eat leftovers for a week.

anyone else do anything out of the ordinary? (ordinary being the traditional Southern Ham).
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter