Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:23 pm

CandyKane wrote:I'm still asking Santa if he can leave me an electronics charging elf for Christmas. Everything I have picked up today has been less than 5%. :elfgrin:

Christmas boohoo!! :hbd: :jump:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:52 am

Happy Friday Christmas friends!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:53 am

198 Christmas pages! :carolbells:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:54 am

Only 143 days left until Christmas! :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:56 am

I finally got a chance to look through the Leanin Tree Christmas catalog. I love their cards. I miss the days when they would send out free cards in every catalog. :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:58 am

I need to try to finish the back to school shopping. Once that's done I'll focus on my Christmas shopping. :shop: :shop: :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:59 am

I had a really good idea for a Christmas gift for my hubby and this week and he went and bought it for himself. :lol: Back to the drawing board. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:00 am

Sitting in the peace and quiet this morning waiting for my coffee to be done. The only thing missing is the soft glow of Christmas lights. :treewiggle:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:03 am

Anyone use the lighted glass blocks to decorate? I have some that are wrapped with ribbon to look like Christmas packages. I found one on etsy that I want that has a red Cardinal on it. I'm gonna get it in honor of my Mom. :angel:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:04 am

I miss my Mom everyday. But it's almost unbearable at Christmas time. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:08 am

Merry Friday Christmas!
Tomorrow we go tv shopping. Christmas bummer!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:35 am

We'll hit 4000 posts this weekend. What a Christmas milestone! joyelf

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:46 am

I am wathcing/listening to A Royal Winter. The snow reminds me of Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:03 am

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:My new physician is handsome [yes I noticed], compassionate and young. He took almost an hour to get my oral history, write new Rx, advise on health care plan, etc. I am scheduled for an annual physical in October once he has received medical records from my previous doctor. He has a great sense of humor like a Christmas elf! Thanks for the good wishes. :wink:

You are blessed with a great physician Christmas friend. It seems they are few and far between these days. :holly1:

Yes, in the swedish system we see a different one each time you go. Perky, the Christmas elf, saw his eye dr yesterday. The operated eye will need follow up laser surgery and he has been referred back to the eye hospital for follow up. The non operated eye is doing okay for now. I sure hope they are quick, I don't want it to interfere with either the Texas trip or the Christmas cruise. I wouldn't go to Texas without him, but I sure would hate to leave him behind on the Christmas cruise. :lol:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:44 am

I unpacked the last bag, the one with our souvenirs. Now I know we don't need anything else until Christmas. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am

Noel+ wrote:My new physician is handsome [yes I noticed], compassionate and young. He took almost an hour to get my oral history, write new Rx, advise on health care plan, etc. I am scheduled for an annual physical in October once he has received medical records from my previous doctor. He has a great sense of humor like a Christmas elf! Thanks for the good wishes. :wink:

Oh what a relief that must have been to find someone that caring.
He's true Christmas Elf for sure!

:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am

Friday Christmas happy dance :jump: :rockettes: :snowjump: :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:46 am

CandyKane wrote:It's still warm in the 80's but a real Christmas cool down from a few weeks ago. The forecast even showed a low in the 50's soon. :cold:

I am so ready for Fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:47 am

It's really cloudy and cool this morning. It feels just like Fall. Which of course puts me in the mood for Christmas. :leafjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:49 am

CandyKane wrote:I could have sworn I set my dvr to record a Christmas movie while I was gone. Apparently not. :|

I missed one of the new Christmas movies on Hallmark last month. I could have sworn I set the DVR also.
:roll:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter