2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Well, the Kindle cover I ordered came yesterday. I ordered the wrong size.........there are 4 kinds of Kindles. Very disappointed that Amazon has you pay for the return unless it is their error. Not exactly the Christmas spirit!

SO.........I went online and found a new cover from the company that produces them for Amazon. Just hoping it fits as it came in small or medium. I ordered medium. Excited to have it arrive this week! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:40 pm

my 2011 christmas season isn't done yet

my older brother and his family couldn't make it for christmas so they are coming to my folks on thursday.

so on friday we are doing a big family get to gether and exchanging mroe gifts! B-
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:23 pm

BRRRR! It's cold today! Currently -9, windchill making it feel like -19. So thankful for the winter coat and boots I received for Christmas. First coat I have had, that wasn't second hand since I was a child and first new boots in about 17 years. Nothing wrong with second hand. But I sure appreciate my DH and MIL for working together to get me these wonderful gifts. I feel like a new woman going out in the cold now! :D
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Mistletoe Misfit- where do you put up your other 2 artificial Christmas trees? Do they have a certain theme? I have enough decorations for more than one tree and have always wanted to put up another. :treewiggle:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:18 am

Our chilly Christmas weather continues as we got a few inches of snow today and temperatures plummeted to the single digits (3 degrees right now). "The snow is snowing'. The wind is blowing', but I can weather the storm." :whistle:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:19 am

I am relaxing in the living room admiring my Christmas tree and looking forward to a calm day tomorrow. :holly1:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:38 am

[quote="Pretjah"]my 2011 christmas season isn't done yet

my older brother and his family couldn't make it for christmas so they are coming to my folks on thursday.

so on friday we are doing a big family get to gether and exchanging mroe gifts! B-[/quote

That's wonderful Pretjah! ENJOY! your 2nd Christmas!!! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:40 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:BRRRR! It's cold today! Currently -9, windchill making it feel like -19. So thankful for the winter coat and boots I received for Christmas. First coat I have had, that wasn't second hand since I was a child and first new boots in about 17 years. Nothing wrong with second hand. But I sure appreciate my DH and MIL for working together to get me these wonderful gifts. I feel like a new woman going out in the cold now! :D

Oh, MM! I rejoice with you over your beautiful NEW boots and coat! As one who grew up with hand-me-downs, and to this day is very practical about replacing items, I celebrate your Christmas gifts with you! ENJOY!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:41 am

I made a decision tonight not to take down Christmas decorations, except those outside, until the 1st. Sunday is my only day off, and I want to enjoy the sights, smells and sounds of Christmas Day without interruption. It may be a week late, but its still Christmas in my heart! :merrytree:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:14 am

Wherever there is love and joy...there is Christmas. It doesn't matter the day or time of year.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:07 am

Have interview in less than an hour. Praying for a post Christmas miracle. Also praying this is the year both hubby and I get fulltime permanent jobs! Bring on 2012!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:31 am

Tomtemor wrote:Have interview in less than an hour. Praying for a post Christmas miracle. Also praying this is the year both hubby and I get fulltime permanent jobs! Bring on 2012!

Good Luck with your interview! Prayers for both you and your husband to get full time jobs!
Off to DS hockey tournament. Hockey is just another part of the Christmas Holidays here in Canada! :laugh:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:39 am

Good luck at your interviews. I I'll say a prayer for a late Christmas present for the both of you.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:56 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Good luck at your interviews. I I'll say a prayer for a late Christmas present for the both of you.

Thanks! I do not know if I will get the job, they said once again that they really wanted a spanish/portuguese speaker but as far as swedish interviews goes, for me it was a success! You never know. Interviewing in a foreign language is just so much fun. (sarcasm). Almost as fun as getting coal in your Christmas stocking! :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 pm

I hooked up the mini kegerator that I received for Christmas!! Now I can enjoy the Christmas season all year long through the magic of beer!! :lol:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Have interview in less than an hour. Praying for a post Christmas miracle. Also praying this is the year both hubby and I get fulltime permanent jobs! Bring on 2012!

Praying with you for your Christmas miracle!! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Looking for a little post Christmas prayer and maybe even miracle here. Our furnace decided to stop firing up. My DH is hoping it is something simple he can fix. We don't have $3000-4000 for a new furnace, nor do we have $200 for someone to look at it. We have the woodstove in the downstairs but with the -14 temperatures outside we are sitting at about +14 on our main floor and dropping. The woodstove heats the house fairly well at freezing or above, but at the cold temps we have now it just wont cut it. Any good thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks my friends!
Ange
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:49 pm

MM, my dear Christmas friend, I just said a prayer for you. I'll keep praying that your furnace problem is a fast and cheap fix. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:48 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Looking for a little post Christmas prayer and maybe even miracle here. Our furnace decided to stop firing up. My DH is hoping it is something simple he can fix. We don't have $3000-4000 for a new furnace, nor do we have $200 for someone to look at it. We have the woodstove in the downstairs but with the -14 temperatures outside we are sitting at about +14 on our main floor and dropping. The woodstove heats the house fairly well at freezing or above, but at the cold temps we have now it just wont cut it. Any good thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks my friends!
Ange

Oh, sweet MM! "Things' have a way of needing repair/replacement at the worse times in life! I'm very concerned you & DH are safe & warm. Will be praying for you daily as you update us on your heater. Warm hugs!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:20 am

My prayers are with you for an inexpensive furnace fix and some warmer temperatures. Please Santa, bring a belated Christmas gift to this family. :santa:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter