2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:51 pm

That's a creative suggestion, Christmas Crazy. I checked out the site, because I love color, and it was fun. Go Kiwi! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:19 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:If you have a minute, take a second to look at the additions that I have made to my Christmas website...particularly to the Music and Shopping sections. I hope it makes you smile. :P

The site is at https://sites.google.com/site/xmassean/

Love the shopping tips :smilecc: I thought that was you in the sweater video :smilecc: :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 am

I purchased 2 bins to pack away the last few pieces of my Christmas village (so they will be safer than they were) and Halloween decorations. Finally I feel totally organized... If only for the holiday decorations and not the rest of my life.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:06 am

Tinseltown- while I am not the guy in that Christmas sweater commercial, I have searched high and low to find where I could get that sweater.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:37 am

Merry Friday Christmas and Happy February!

I am beginning my day with The Merry Podcast courtesy of Kiwidogy_max and will then do my housecleaning to the tunes on Merry Christmas Radio.

Yesterday was the last day (except now for Fridays) for the Christmas mp3 and appropriately, I finished a christmas serial called Christmas on the Moon.
http://www.otrcat.com/christmas-on-the-moon-p-2111.html

It is the closest thing in English to our Swedish advent calendars.

Hope everyone has a great friday! My last week of "freedom" before I start school again on Feb. 11. I am not sure what to expect. I hope to be able to work at home at least part of the time. We shall see! :throw: :snowkiss: :merrytree:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:10 am

Another Friday Christmas Feature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSPGJ5-XAcM

This was mentioned on The Merry Podcast ep. 1.

Happy Listening!.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:44 pm

Merry Friday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I purchased 2 bins to pack away the last few pieces of my Christmas village (so they will be safer than they were) and Halloween decorations. Finally I feel totally organized... If only for the holiday decorations and not the rest of my life.

Good for you kiwi! And yes, if our lives could be compartmentalized as easily as Christmas decorations! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 am

Tomtemor wrote:Another Friday Christmas Feature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSPGJ5-XAcM

This was mentioned on The Merry Podcast ep. 1.

Happy Listening!.

Thanks for the Christmas link! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Friday Christmas!!!

Merry Friday Christmas dear Christmas Crazy! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 am

What plans do ya'll have for Super Bowl Sunday? It's not Christmas.....but it is an American pasttime! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 pm

This Christmas fan is going to get together with my Sunday School class, who are also my best friends, and watch the game a little and play dominoes a lot.
Tons of fun. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 pm

Noel+ wrote:What plans do ya'll have for Super Bowl Sunday? It's not Christmas.....but it is an American pasttime! :D

I dreamed last night that we were watching the Super Bowl on BBC. Hee hee, not likely. I think it is broadcast here but in real time which would put it starting at midnight, so I will not stay up to watch. My cousin in Belgium probably will. I am on alot of food blogs and one put up a recipe for "taquitos" which actually seems doable, so hubby requested those along with some frozen "football soup" we have in the freezer. (oops, need to take it out!) We usually watch a football movie. Some favorites are Black Sunday, Two Minute Warning, and Facing the Giants. I also like the Air Bud movies. oh, and we cannot forget It´s the Super Bowl , Charlie Brown....not quite a Christmas classic, but still cute!

Feb 2 is Armadillo Day in Texas, so here is a clip from a Friends Christmas episode called The Holiday Armadillo, I had always wanted to see this episode. It is rather cute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0T5t0D ... ture=share

Happy Groundhog Day to the rest of the USA!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:This Christmas fan is going to get together with my Sunday School class, who are also my best friends, and watch the game a little and play dominoes a lot.
Tons of fun. :D

Thanks for sharing Christmas Crazy. That sounds like much fun -- next to Christmas parties! ENJOY! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:01 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:What plans do ya'll have for Super Bowl Sunday? It's not Christmas.....but it is an American pasttime! :D

I dreamed last night that we were watching the Super Bowl on BBC. Hee hee, not likely. I think it is broadcast here but in real time which would put it starting at midnight, so I will not stay up to watch. My cousin in Belgium probably will. I am on alot of food blogs and one put up a recipe for "taquitos" which actually seems doable, so hubby requested those along with some frozen "football soup" we have in the freezer. (oops, need to take it out!) We usually watch a football movie. Some favorites are Black Sunday, Two Minute Warning, and Facing the Giants. I also like the Air Bud movies. oh, and we cannot forget It´s the Super Bowl , Charlie Brown....not quite a Christmas classic, but still cute!

Feb 2 is Armadillo Day in Texas, so here is a clip from a Friends Christmas episode called The Holiday Armadillo, I had always wanted to see this episode. It is rather cute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0T5t0D ... ture=share

Happy Groundhog Day to the rest of the USA!

Thanks for the Groundhog Day wishes -- ole Phil is predicting early Spring! :D

Taquitos are very easy to make and yummy! Perfect hand food for watching movies together: Christmas or football ones! ENJOY! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Thanks, Tomtemor, for the link to your friend's Christmas site. It's cute and so was the episode! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:03 pm

My brother is at the grocery store picking up last minute items for SuperBowl foods. The list is short compared to Christmas dinner shopping.

I'll be fixing chili, hotdogs, quesadillas, and all sorts of fingerfoods. And of course cookies & brownies for desert. It's a no work day: the ladies watch for commercials and the guys root for their team!

Happy Superbowl Day tomorrow! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:51 pm

Tomorrow I will be hosting my parents, brothers and friends for a Super Bowl party. Like Christmas, it a great opportunity to get together, eat, drink, and be merry! I can almost taste the chicken wings.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:49 am

http://tomtarojul.wordpress.com/2013/02 ... christmas/

There is a post about the historical meaning of Candlemass, Feb 2, from my swedish christmas group. If you scroll down, it switches to english.

Happy Super Bowl! I have to root for Baltimore since my friend is from there, so Go Baltimore!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:13 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Tinseltown- while I am not the guy in that Christmas sweater commercial, I have searched high and low to find where I could get that sweater.

Love the setting where the video is . Will try and post some pics on your site but not to good with things like that :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter