2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:21 am

I have been watching quite a few Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. I have to say that I'm a fan!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:33 am

Today is New Year´s prep day. I am making mock mincemeat pies (apple-raisin) since I did not have the energy to make them before Christmas. Making lemon jello with strawberries in plastic champagne glasses since I was lucky enough to find actual brand name Jell-0 at the English Shop.

Do many of you decorate for New year´s? I never did since the Christmas decorations are still up. I have seen a few things in the shops for New Year´s. It is catching on here.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:26 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I have been watching quite a few Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. I have to say that I'm a fan!

Just finished watching Farewell Mr. Kringle online. I have to say that is also one of my new favorites. So many good ones this year. Still hoping to be able to see Christmas in Paradise, but so far no luck.

Mincemeat pies on the stove. Jello thickening in the fridge. I just love "kitchen days", when I am not working thatis. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:45 am

Jennifer, I agree with you. I would gladly spend the day cooking Christmas recipes as opposed to being at work. Great smells from the kitchen filling up the home while Christmas music plays in the background. :singing:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:09 am

Thanks so much CandyKane, Kiwi and Noel for your prayers! I really appreciate it!
My DH tried to get the one part off that needed replacing but he had to remove another piece first, well it broke! :cry: So he is off to a small city nearest to us with names of 6 heating/furnace places and with the hopes that one of them has the parts and cheap. I stayed up until 1:00 adding wood to the fire. Up again before 6 getting it roaring again. It is warming up outside a little and is supposed to get around the freezing mark possibly above by tomorrow. Fingers and toes crossed we can get it working before Monday when it is suppossed to get really cold. We are sitting around 15 (I think that's about 60) on the main floor right now. I am so Thankful for our small woodstove. I am also Thankful for my wonderful Christmas All Year friends and your prayers.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:28 am

Praying for you Mistletoe!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:40 pm

Thank You Tomtemor!
Well so far he has been out of luck. He is headed right now to a furnace parts supplier in a town about a 30 minute drive from here. Hoping he makes it back before the freezing rain starts.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:48 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Thanks so much CandyKane, Kiwi and Noel for your prayers! I really appreciate it!
My DH tried to get the one part off that needed replacing but he had to remove another piece first, well it broke! :cry: So he is off to a small city nearest to us with names of 6 heating/furnace places and with the hopes that one of them has the parts and cheap. I stayed up until 1:00 adding wood to the fire. Up again before 6 getting it roaring again. It is warming up outside a little and is supposed to get around the freezing mark possibly above by tomorrow. Fingers and toes crossed we can get it working before Monday when it is suppossed to get really cold. We are sitting around 15 (I think that's about 60) on the main floor right now. I am so Thankful for our small woodstove. I am also Thankful for my wonderful Christmas All Year friends and your prayers.

You and your sweet DH are still in our prayers MM! Hoping warmer weather comes your way until get an affordable part. You're in our hearts! :candle2:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Everyone at work has put away all their Christmas decorations?!?! I will take down the outdoor ones the 1st and start on the house on the 2nd. My house always looks so plain without the lights that I'm leaving out my QVC lighted poinsettia!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:11 am

Warm thoughts your way mistletoe. :nav1:
I went to The Christmas Loft today (local store) and got some more pieces for my village. I am looking at some more pieces online through Amazon. So excited!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:16 am

The work fatigue has me so exhausted that I cannot sleep tonight. Starting tomorrow we'll be at 79F.......which means we'll probably go over 80F. Summer weather in winter - not the way I wanted to start 2012. Ah, well, my Christmas lights still burn brightly! :hbd: :blinky1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:08 am

:bdline: :happyny: :treehat: Wishing all my Christmas friends a safe and happy 2012. Hubby is still in bed following his stumble at the subway. He has no broken bones but the heels of his hands are bruised and he is sore all over. His winter parka and "natural padding" probably saved the ribs from serious injury. I am doing regular Saturday house'work and trying to make a nice dinner for New Year´s Eve. Watching The Santa Incident online while I work. So many great new movies this year!

January will be "hell month" at the university, so I am not sure how much I will be able to post, but I will be back in february.

I have been looking at "tuxedo t shirts" on ebay. Thinking of those for Christmas in July gag gifts. I was just thinking how nice it would be to have one to put on with our sweat pants for a very laid back new Year´s eve. We never go out anyway, but would be a nice touch to our evening at home. :shop:

I have been putting a few things away. I need room on my table to roll out the crust for the new year's eve quiche but most of it will be out through January. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:50 am

Tomtemor I am sorry to hear about your Hubby's fall. I hope he recovers from the pain and bruises very quickly!

My hubby had little luck with finding help yesterday. He even went to a furnace/heating supply place and the guy looked at him like he was from another planet and told him to come back Tuesday. He is attempting to fix the part now, if this is successful then he will put everything back together and we will hope for the best. I am Thankful he was a welder for years and has some knowledge of how the furnace works and what can possibly be done to fix it.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:33 am

Fingers crossed for you MM. I'm still praying! :angelpray:

Hard to believe that this is the last day of 2011. I am so ready for this year to be over with! Right now I'm watching The Twilight Zone marathon on SciFi. This has become as much a tradition as watching A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve. :popcorn: :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:39 am

CandyKane wrote:Fingers crossed for you MM. I'm still praying! :angelpray:

Hard to believe that this is the last day of 2011. I am so ready for this year to be over with! Right now I'm watching The Twilight Zone marathon on SciFi. This has become as much a tradition as watching A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve. :popcorn: :D

I miss the Twilight Zone marathons. Luckily, I bought the series on DVD before I left the US. I would have my own marathon, but my normally perfect hubby is not a fan. :cry:

Not sure what we are watching tonight, hubby would pick Die Hard, his favorite Christmas movie. Always nice to watch something explode on New Year´s. :think:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:10 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I have been watching quite a few Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. I have to say that I'm a fan!

Just finished watching Farewell Mr. Kringle online. I have to say that is also one of my new favorites. So many good ones this year. Still hoping to be able to see Christmas in Paradise, but so far no luck.

Mincemeat pies on the stove. Jello thickening in the fridge. I just love "kitchen days", when I am not working thatis. :dinner:

I missed most of the new movies on Hallmark this year, so its good to read a positive review! Maybe they'll show them Christmas in July?

Enjoy your baking - mincemeat pie. YUM! :dinner: :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:12 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:My hubby had little luck with finding help yesterday. He even went to a furnace/heating supply place and the guy looked at him like he was from another planet and told him to come back Tuesday. He is attempting to fix the part now, if this is successful then he will put everything back together and we will hope for the best. I am Thankful he was a welder for years and has some knowledge of how the furnace works and what can possibly be done to fix it.

Oh, MM, you are both still in our hearts & prayers. Do you have an older house? We do - 50 years old - and finding parts is near impossible nowadays. So glad your sweet DH is a skilled welder and praying God guides his hands to success. :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Do they normally show Chritmas movies on TV in July? I had never really looked. What types of things do people do for Christmas in July parties? I would like to start that up in 2012.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Per usual, it is going to take me about until Christmas 2012 to get used to saying and writing 2012.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:30 pm

I am sorry to hear about your husband's fall Jennifer. I hope he recovers quickly. I also think tuxedo t-shirts is a great idea for a gift. It says, "I am sophisticated...but I like to be comfortable.". Ha! :smilecc:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter