Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:04 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Happy First Advent! There is not a Little bit of Christmas in each room now. We had our mini smörgåsbord for dinner. I am less enthused about returning to work tomorrow, but oh well, it must be done. I am sure time will fly by until our Christmas Cruise! Woohoo!

That should have said there is NOW a little bit of Christmas in each room. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:08 am

For the first time ever, my old neighborhood is having a Christmas decorating contest. Both my parents and my cousin have entered. My cousin's husband used to be a professional decorator so my parents will have some competition. Don't miss the ex, but wish I still lived there. A lighting contest is something he could have gotten into.
Tried to talk Perky into getting one of those projection units for the balcony, but we need to look for a battery powered one. have always wanted to turn the baloncy into Santa's workshop for Christmas, but it just too cold at the North Pole. LOL
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:37 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I hope all my Christmas friends had a wonderful and relaxing weekend! My wife is on a business trip this week, so it is up to me to decorate for Christmas. The struggle is real....NOT!!! I love it! The outside decorations went up this afternoon, I had a wonderful dinner and watched some football at my parents’ house and then came home and set up my village. It has expanded from just on top of the piano to include the mantle of the electric fireplace. I will string the lights on the tree tomorrow.

Love decorating for Christmas!
Enjoy my friend.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 am

Merry Marvelous Mistletoe Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
:ornwave:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 am

The Daily Countdown Review

203 days till Leon Day (Half Christmas)
233 days till Christmas in July
271 days till 'Ber Months Begin
273 days till Labor Day
292 days till Autumn Begins
314 days till Thanksgiving Day - Sweden
308 days till Thanksgiving Day - Canada
0 days till Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas
331 days till Halloween
335 days till Daylight Savings Time Ends
353 days till Thanksgiving Day - USA
17 days till Winter Begins
21 days till Christmas
28 days till New Years Day
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:41 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:For the first time ever, my old neighborhood is having a Christmas decorating contest. Both my parents and my cousin have entered. My cousin's husband used to be a professional decorator so my parents will have some competition. Don't miss the ex, but wish I still lived there. A lighting contest is something he could have gotten into.
Tried to talk Perky into getting one of those projection units for the balcony, but we need to look for a battery powered one. have always wanted to turn the baloncy into Santa's workshop for Christmas, but it just too cold at the North Pole. LOL

Jolly, if you buy one: ours lasted one year. It was an inexpensive one at Home Depot but we thought it would last a couple of years. It seems now what houses are Christmas decorated have inflatables and these projection lights. FYI.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Saturday we received several Christmas cards and this morning another arrived from a dear. She had moved and didn't send out her new address so of course her card will go out later today! Ring, ring, those Christmas bells! :carolbells:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:10 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Marvelous Mistletoe Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
:ornwave:

Merry Christmas Monday CC! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:11 pm

Merry Magistic Manger Monday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:16 pm

303 Christmas Pages!! :lights:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:For the first time ever, my old neighborhood is having a Christmas decorating contest. Both my parents and my cousin have entered. My cousin's husband used to be a professional decorator so my parents will have some competition. Don't miss the ex, but wish I still lived there. A lighting contest is something he could have gotten into.

Jolly, if you buy one: ours lasted one year. It was an inexpensive one at Home Depot but we thought it would last a couple of years. It seems now what houses are Christmas decorated have inflatables and these projection lights. FYI.

hm........I wonder how many hours a day they are typically run. We would have to shut it off after around 9 pm or so to avoid neighbors complaints. Not everyone shares our Christmas spirit. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:22 pm

It turns dark here by 6pm and it ran until 10pm for 7 days a week the month of December. We did not have time to use it for Thanksgiving but Halloween was used 3 days last year. It comes with different discs.........and you buy more if you want other holidays. Hope you find the perfect Christmas discs when you find the projector unit you want to own.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:25 pm

The Christmas gremlins have put a wrench in our tv viewing. This morning our Directv box and remote both stopped working. I called customer service,
was on the phone an hour, and followed all their directions to no avail. They charge $98 to send out a service technician tomorrow with new box and remote. Our remote, in the past, could be replaced at Walmart. Now AT&T makes you order it direct from them at higher cost of course. Christmas is the worst time of the year to be without television.
Tonight I will miss Hallmark's National Christmas Tree Lighting coverage and several Food Network holiday baking shows. Hopefully by tomorrow night it will be working again.
I think we are tv spoiled this time of year. :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Christmas Crazy how was your parent's visit this past week? Did you exchange or open Christmas presents? Are your children coming home this year or are you traveling to Indiana? Curious Elves want to know. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Jolly, did your relative receive the Christmas card I sent you in November? Hoping they forward the card to you as the postal lady said if I mailed you a new one it would not be received in Sweden before Christmas. Bummer. :|

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:28 pm

6060 Christmas Posts on December 4th!!! :penny: :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter