Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Noel+ wrote:Please tell me every Christmas Elf is totally ready for Christmas Day!!

I'm ready!
Wrapping my last present right now.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Christmas Crazy I hope you are feeling totally healed and able to enjoy all the Christmas celebrations this week. When do your children arrive? :D

Not totally healed yet, but getting better. I'm on vacation now until Jan 2nd. YAY! I didn't get out of bed until 8:30 this morning. It felt good to sleep in. Michelle's vacation starts tomorrow. Kids are already home except for my oldest. He won't be able to make it this year. He only gets Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off from work.

I was telling Perky yesterday that in the US most people only get 1 day off for Christmas, not 10 Days like in Sweden. We were also just talking about how those that do work make overtime on the holiday. Got the itiniary for the Christmas Cruise, looks fun.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:51 pm

What I would give for 10 days off for Christmas. I always work Christmas Eve and usually the day after.

Your cruise sounds great Jolly. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:42 am

Noel+ wrote:What I would give for 10 days off for Christmas. I always work Christmas Eve and usually the day after.

yes, some jobs are a calling. For most of my working life, I was the only one who had to work Christmas Eve and the day after Thanksgiving. Most of my family were teachers who were on break. It wasn't until I worked for a church that I had Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off. Most of the time at the bank, the family people could make deals with the singles who wanted to be off for New Year's so they could be off for Christams Eve. and usually alot of overtime taken out or calling in sick as only one per department was allowed to be on "vacation".
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:35 am

Happy last Thursday before Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:38 am

The weather reports have gone back and forth on if we'll get any winter precipitation for Christmas. It now looks like we'll get a little something but not sure what. I'd be happy with some Christmas Eve snow flurries. :flake:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:39 am

Noel+ wrote:What I would give for 10 days off for Christmas. I always work Christmas Eve and usually the day after.

Wishing one year that you get your wish for days off at Christmas. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:40 am

314 Christmas pages! :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:41 am

There's no busy like preparing for Christmas busy. But it truly is the most wonderful time of the year. :carolbells:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 am

Happy 1st day of Winter friends! :snowgirl: :angelmerry: It's the Season of Christmas.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:13 am

my parents won their local neighborhood Christmas lighting Contest! They got first Place in the "vintage" category.......bet my dad loves that. He probably thought he did a great "modern" job.......my cousin also lives in the area. They did not do much since she broke her leg but her husband used to be a professional christmas decorator so he is now motivated for next year.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:01 pm

CandyKane wrote:Happy last Thursday before Christmas friends! :smilecc:

Happy last Thursday before Christmas to you CandyKane! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:02 pm

CandyKane wrote:Wishing one year that you get your wish for days off at Christmas. :rabstar:

Thank you CandyKane. To quote my Hubs: there is always retirement to celebrate Christmas 24/7. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:04 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:my parents won their local neighborhood Christmas lighting Contest! They got first Place in the "vintage" category.......bet my dad loves that. He probably thought he did a great "modern" job.......my cousin also lives in the area. They did not do much since she broke her leg but her husband used to be a professional christmas decorator so he is now motivated for next year.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:07 pm

Good Morning! Christmas Elves. I am always wishing for a White Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Happy Birthday jlcarey!
We miss you Christmas Elf. :hbd:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:02 am

We will be on the ship Christmas Eve and Christmas day so in case the internet is spotty Merry Christmas to all my friends at CAY! We leave for the terminal in about 2 hours. Neighbor has been engaged to Watch the cats. Perky made passports for the elves so they could visit their Finnish cousins. He is too Christmas cute! It will be -10 Celcius when we are there, so definitely a White christmas. Hoping to see the Aurora Borealis, but there are no guarantees. WE shall see! A merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:11 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:We will be on the ship Christmas Eve and Christmas day so in case the internet is spotty Merry Christmas to all my friends at CAY! We leave for the terminal in about 2 hours. Neighbor has been engaged to Watch the cats. Perky made passports for the elves so they could visit their Finnish cousins. He is too Christmas cute! It will be -10 Celcius when we are there, so definitely a White christmas. Hoping to see the Aurora Borealis, but there are no guarantees. WE shall see! A merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

And wishing you my dear Christmas Elf Jolly, a wonderful:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:13 am

And Jolly:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter