Why is "2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas" locked???

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Why is "2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas" locked???

Postby tinseltown » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Mincepies are done :dinner: My daughter says i have to wait to decorate , even though the giant tree has been fluffed up in the lounge :smilecc: As a compromise i will wait till the 20th but will decorate the attic tomorrow so i can enjoy that Christmas feeling up here :smilecc: Blessings to you all CAY friends :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:06 pm

DJTEEL wrote:DISH NETWORK is now broadcasting two christmas music channels..Traditional Holidays on channel 947 and Holiday Pop on 949.Plus 8 more channels beginning november 28th that normally play non holiday content through the year but each will be playing(until jan.1st) 25% holiday music and the rest of the content will be their normal content that is broadcasted the rest of the year.But for right now i'm having fun listening to 'Traditional Holidays' (ch.947). I'm starting my Christmas shopping this weekend.While i'm extra happy about Christmas being right around the bend,it feels strange as well..Seeing Christmas trees and all the Christmas stuff now displayed in Walmart's lawn and garden department seems odd.really nice AND COOL but odd.

Good to have you back posting again DJTEEL!
I saw you a few times this summer on your web cam.
I've been listening to Christmas music all year on my Pandora app. Can't get enough.
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Michelle and I went to a Christmas Craft Show today. Spent too much money.
We left there and got some gyros at a greek restaurant.
Then did some Christmas shopping.
Fun day!
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:15 pm

tinseltown wrote:Mincepies are done :dinner: My daughter says i have to wait to decorate , even though the giant tree has been fluffed up in the lounge :smilecc: As a compromise i will wait till the 20th but will decorate the attic tomorrow so i can enjoy that Christmas feeling up here :smilecc: Blessings to you all CAY friends :smilecc:

I don't know, things are going to only get busier as the days get closer to Thanksgiving. Might want to get those Christmas decorations up now.
Just saying.
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:31 pm

:rudolph1: Glad to hear you had a good spend up at the craft fair . Was it Christmas fare ? My attic looks beautiful ,ive got the fireplace decorated with lots of greenery , fake holly and fairy lights and 2 stockings hanging :rudolph1: My fibre -optic tree is lit up and loads of christmas lanterns scattered around . Its starting to feel like christmas already :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:17 pm

tinseltown wrote:Started cleaning the house .... My decorations are in their boxes waiting to go up ... will keep you posted . Mincepies will be baked tomorrow and froze ... cant wait !!!!!

Oh, I LOVE mince pies. They are an absolute must for christmas. never thought about making them ahead and freezing them.......... :think:

I discovered something after 6 years of marriage and living at the North Pole. What I think of as "getting ready for Christmas" and what hubby thinks are two different things......To me "getting ready" is that all is done and OUT by First Advent. What hubby thinks is that only the candles, electric candlesticks for the windows and electric stars go up.........thus his reluctance to tackle the boxes in the basement last year (in addition to the arthritis). So, this year, I will just put out what is in the "Christmas in July bag aka Christmas emergency bag" out on my own in the coming weeks. It is enough to make me feel festive and that I have "done something" but not putting any pressure on him. We have the little table top tree in there. I really do not care if we put up the miniscule "swedish tree" or not, so that is up to him to do on the 23rd. But according to hubby, Swedish christmas is a progression, you start with First Advent, bring out a little more around Lucia (Dec. 13) and then finish up with the tree on Dec. 23, then it stays up until Jan. 13. (I usually push that until the end of the month), but it is bad luck to still have Christmas up at Candlemas which is Feb. 2. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:57 pm

tinseltown wrote:Mincepies are done :dinner: My daughter says i have to wait to decorate , even though the giant tree has been fluffed up in the lounge :smilecc: As a compromise i will wait till the 20th but will decorate the attic tomorrow so i can enjoy that Christmas feeling up here :smilecc: Blessings to you all CAY friends :smilecc:

Kudos! on your mincepies Tinseltown! Makes me hungry for one! :wink:

And we probably all have family members who think we're a bit early when we start to decorate before Thanksgiving. Still you can tell your daughter I have a friend who starts on Oct 1 for outside lights & November 1 [and takes the entire month!] to decorate her house [5 trees]! ENJOY! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Michelle and I went to a Christmas Craft Show today. Spent too much money.
We left there and got some gyros at a greek restaurant.
Then did some Christmas shopping.
Fun day!
:elfgrin:

What a great date with your wife Christmas Crazy! What could be better than Christmas crafts & shopping?! What will you be crafting this year? :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Started cleaning the house .... My decorations are in their boxes waiting to go up ... will keep you posted . Mincepies will be baked tomorrow and froze ... cant wait !!!!!

Oh, I LOVE mince pies. They are an absolute must for christmas. never thought about making them ahead and freezing them.......... :think:

I discovered something after 6 years of marriage and living at the North Pole. What I think of as "getting ready for Christmas" and what hubby thinks are two different things......To me "getting ready" is that all is done and OUT by First Advent. What hubby thinks is that only the candles, electric candlesticks for the windows and electric stars go up.........thus his reluctance to tackle the boxes in the basement last year (in addition to the arthritis). So, this year, I will just put out what is in the "Christmas in July bag aka Christmas emergency bag" out on my own in the coming weeks. It is enough to make me feel festive and that I have "done something" but not putting any pressure on him. We have the little table top tree in there. I really do not care if we put up the miniscule "swedish tree" or not, so that is up to him to do on the 23rd. But according to hubby, Swedish christmas is a progression, you start with First Advent, bring out a little more around Lucia (Dec. 13) and then finish up with the tree on Dec. 23, then it stays up until Jan. 13. (I usually push that until the end of the month), but it is bad luck to still have Christmas up at Candlemas which is Feb. 2. :scene:

:lol: Yes, I had the same adjustment to my DH's idea of Christmas decorating our first year! :lol: He learned from my FIL's example and year two he was hauling in boxes for me in November! :wink:

Hope you & Perky enjoy every moment as you find a plan for mutual joy when you decorate this year. :D
!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:04 pm

NOTICE:

Mrs. C has unlocked our original countdown thread!! So now, we can return to posting and keep our count down. I'll post an opener. C'mon and join me!

And thanks Mrs. C!!! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:20 am

my family got a dog on saturday - 1 year old german shep. and hound mix.

on monday we put up my christmas vilalge

pictures to come later
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Previous

Return to Holiday Chatter