Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:27 am

Merry Christmas Thursday! While we ate our black eyed peas yesterday for good luck (albeit a few days late) apparently the elves at Antagning (Swedish university system) did not as we still have a big problem. Hoping it all works out soon!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:00 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas Thursday! While we ate our black eyed peas yesterday for good luck (albeit a few days late) apparently the elves at Antagning (Swedish university system) did not as we still have a big problem. Hoping it all works out soon!

I hope everything works out soon for you my Christmas friend. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:04 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:There is a vineyard in my area that makes a delicious Glogg as well. It is always a wonderful Christmas treat!

That's what Clarence the angel ordered at Martini's Bar in the Christmas movie "It's a Wonderful Life". Except he called it Mulled Wine.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:05 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:07 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:25 pm

A cold rain is falling with light snow in the forecast for this weekend. :flake: Now I really miss Christmas. :snowink:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:14 pm

This Texas girl has discovered that -10C is just about my limit of "Cold". It might not have been a White christmas, but it is sure making up for it.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:59 pm

Glad to read my Christmas friends are full of cheer & doing well. I am dealing with a family issue & will check in again tomorrow. Keep it a Thankful Thursday elves. :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:48 pm

Noel+ wrote:Glad to read my Christmas friends are full of cheer & doing well. I am dealing with a family issue & will check in again tomorrow. Keep it a Thankful Thursday elves. :wink:

Praying for you and your family my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:54 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Glad to read my Christmas friends are full of cheer & doing well. I am dealing with a family issue & will check in again tomorrow. Keep it a Thankful Thursday elves. :wink:

That is much appreciated my Christmas friend. We are going up north today for a couple of days. A little snow, building snow people, and outdoor fun will hopefully ease the situation. I will be thinking of all of you and try to check in each day. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:55 am

Merry Christmas Friday! And fa-la-la-la!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:59 am

This morning I turned on Directv Sonic holiday channel only to find they are no longer playing Christmas carols. :cry: :cry:

Now I have stacks of Christmas CDs in our home and car.........but there was just something so holiday about the tv station. Just another sign Christmas is passed everywhere but in my heart.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:29 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

That is much appreciated my Christmas friend. We are going up north today for a couple of days. A little snow, building snow people, and outdoor fun will hopefully ease the situation. I will be thinking of all of you and try to check in each day. :D

Enjoy your post Christmas vacation. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:31 am

Noel+ wrote:This morning I turned on Directv Sonic holiday channel only to find they are no longer playing Christmas carols. :cry: :cry:

Now I have stacks of Christmas CDs in our home and car.........but there was just something so holiday about the tv station. Just another sign Christmas is passed everywhere but in my heart.

We listen to Christmas music until the end of January and usually watch a few more Christmas movies. My coworker saw fit to take the morning off despite our registration crisis so I am thinking I might be "sick" next Wednesday. I have always wanted to be "off" on the Swedish undecorating day. :angry:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Noel-sorry you are dealing with a problem. Hopefully some outdoor fun complete with snow will do the trick. Sending you prayers and warm Christmas wishes. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:21 am

I got my grocery shopping in early today. The forecast is rain tonight followed by snow. We will only get a dusting to less than 1 inch but you know how the thought of snow causes panic among the masses. :lol: I'm going to Dads in a little bit to make sure his porch is stocked with wood. Have a fabulous Friday Christmas friends. :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:47 am

Been snowing all day at the North Pole. Trying to decide what day is best for shopping. Tomorrow is colder but not supposed to actually snow, Sunday is "warmer" but snow. After a stressful two days at work, I am thinking going out for dinner tonight could be just as much fun as Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:12 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Been snowing all day at the North Pole. Trying to decide what day is best for shopping. Tomorrow is colder but not supposed to actually snow, Sunday is "warmer" but snow. After a stressful two days at work, I am thinking going out for dinner tonight could be just as much fun as Christmas.

Definitely go out for dinner. It may not be as much fun as Christmas, but it sure helps with de-stressing.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:15 am

CandyKane wrote:I got my grocery shopping in early today. The forecast is rain tonight followed by snow. We will only get a dusting to less than 1 inch but you know how the thought of snow causes panic among the masses. :lol: I'm going to Dads in a little bit to make sure his porch is stocked with wood. Have a fabulous Friday Christmas friends. :thumbs:

Hooray for snow. I just wish we would have had some at Christmas time.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:16 am

100 Christmas posts!!!
The fun has just begun.

:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter