2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:15 am

tinseltown wrote:Sadly because of my work im hardly ever home in July and when i am i fall asleep :sleephat: So i will follow your posts and dream of christmas in July :smilecc: Saw a christmas wreath perched on a house on my early morn ing prayer walk ...amazed :smilecc: Blessings :snowwow:

Oh, I just love checking all these Christmas in July posts! Tinseltown, my ex husband was the original grinch who did not like Christmas in December. So, to celebrate Christmas in July it had to only be in my heart with Christmas music in the car or at work when no one was around and with DVD´s when the ex was not at home. A trip to a year round Christmas store was another private treat i allowed myself. It is all in the little things. I have one Mp3 player filled with christmas stuff year roundand while I have enjoyed Friday Christmases I think I will put it aside. I am thinking Christmas in July won´t be that much of a treat if I keep listening to it every friday.

Today I have to do my US taxes which is NO Christmas fun at all! :razzberry:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Well, tinseltown, I decorate for Christmas in July..........so that's only 3.5 months! :wink:

Greetings Christmas Friends!

It has been an interesting week. I had an introductory phone interview with a churh in NJ yesterday. It was interesting but after reviewing salaries in the area, I do not think they will be able to pay enough for me to live on my own and save to import Perky, and benefits might be an issue. But it was fun to talk to someone from the US!
Today I have a telephone appointment with an immigration lawyer to see how the process works and get an estimate on time table and cost for Perky. Good thing he is cute. I also broke the news to my aunt, with whom we will be staying if we go to Texas, that we celebrate Christmas in July! :elfgrin:

Yeah !!!
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi everyone christmas seems so far off at the moment . Im waking up 5.30 am to go and care for an elderly lady while my friend is away . Then after chores , cooking ,cat feeding , dog walking showering etc i leave for my proper job at 9am till 4pm . Then its more chores ,cat feeding dog walking etc .In summer ill be working 10am till 7pm , long days . But Tomtemors comments about how to bring christmas near you sure struck a cord . Today i sat looking at the visa signs ,which are red globes and pretended they were baubles and sang "is the season to be jolly tra la la la la " :singing: Must be the lack of sleep but i sure enjoyed that christmas carol xxxxxxxxxxx :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:14 pm

tinseltown wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Well, tinseltown, I decorate for Christmas in July..........so that's only 3.5 months! :wink:

Greetings Christmas Friends!

It has been an interesting week. I had an introductory phone interview with a churh in NJ yesterday. It was interesting but after reviewing salaries in the area, I do not think they will be able to pay enough for me to live on my own and save to import Perky, and benefits might be an issue. But it was fun to talk to someone from the US!
Today I have a telephone appointment with an immigration lawyer to see how the process works and get an estimate on time table and cost for Perky. Good thing he is cute. I also broke the news to my aunt, with whom we will be staying if we go to Texas, that we celebrate Christmas in July! :elfgrin:

Yeah !!!

that's great Christmas in July news! Good for you! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:16 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone christmas seems so far off at the moment . Im waking up 5.30 am to go and care for an elderly lady while my friend is away . Then after chores , cooking ,cat feeding , dog walking showering etc i leave for my proper job at 9am till 4pm . Then its more chores ,cat feeding dog walking etc .In summer ill be working 10am till 7pm , long days . But Tomtemors comments about how to bring christmas near you sure struck a cord . Today i sat looking at the visa signs ,which are red globes and pretended they were baubles and sang "is the season to be jolly tra la la la la " :singing: Must be the lack of sleep but i sure enjoyed that christmas carol xxxxxxxxxxx :smilecc:

Ah, tinseltown, that is your sweet Christmas spirit rising above your sleep deprivation! And a Christmas carol always brightens the soul! Just keep singing............. :D :D :singing:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:My brother is safely home from Mynamar, Thailand, etc. However, while away, he developed gout. His left toe/upper foot is swollen like a grapefruit. He takes cherry extract and has started a gout diet. He said it is humbling, and as diabetic I understand what he means. The trip was a joy and he asked me to thank all of you who offered prayers for him, and the people of Mynamar. God bless you! especially at Christmas! :D :D

Praying for your brother´s health. Christmas can still be enjoyed on a diet. I am also a diabetic and there are many websites out there with healthy celebration recipes.

Thank you for the continued prayers Tomtemor! Yes, there are many sites with diabetic and gout recipees. I still miss sweets and my brother will still miss meat, but there's good meals to replace them. And my menu for Christmas will now add some gout recipees! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Last night I just couldn't sleep in this heat so I decided to take a short drive. I was surprised to see one house, in another neighborhood, all lit up for Christmas! I decided to drive by closer and found a sign welcoming home one of our brave Afghanistan soldiers! Merry Christmas I sang! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:46 pm

Noel+ wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone christmas seems so far off at the moment . Im waking up 5.30 am to go and care for an elderly lady while my friend is away . Then after chores , cooking ,cat feeding , dog walking showering etc i leave for my proper job at 9am till 4pm . Then its more chores ,cat feeding dog walking etc .In summer ill be working 10am till 7pm , long days . But Tomtemors comments about how to bring christmas near you sure struck a cord . Today i sat looking at the visa signs ,which are red globes and pretended they were baubles and sang "is the season to be jolly tra la la la la " :singing: Must be the lack of sleep but i sure enjoyed that christmas carol xxxxxxxxxxx :smilecc:

Ah, tinseltown, that is your sweet Christmas spirit rising above your sleep deprivation! And a Christmas carol always brightens the soul! Just keep singing............. :D :D :singing:

:D :smilecc: :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Noel+ wrote:Last night I just couldn't sleep in this heat so I decided to take a short drive. I was surprised to see one house, in another neighborhood, all lit up for Christmas! I decided to drive by closer and found a sign welcoming home one of our brave Afghanistan soldiers! Merry Christmas I sang! :scene:

How lovely x :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:44 pm

It may seem funny to read I bought a new fan today, but my A/C hs been running since March 5. Its 94F so far today. We decided to wrap the box in Christmas trim and then open it! We're definitely counting down the days til Christmas in July! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:45 pm

830 Christmas posts to day!!! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:09 am

I have an interview on monday with a recruiter for a university job. This came as a shock late Friday afternoon. The job is 8 months. NO clue if it is full or part time or which department it is. Even if we start the US immigration process, we will need money for shipping, cats, etc, so it will be a great boost especially if Perky winds up with no job after June. Praying for a Christmas miracle and trying to keep our Christmas spirits up.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Tomtemor wrote:I have an interview on monday with a recruiter for a university job. This came as a shock late Friday afternoon. The job is 8 months. NO clue if it is full or part time or which department it is. Even if we start the US immigration process, we will need money for shipping, cats, etc, so it will be a great boost especially if Perky winds up with no job after June. Praying for a Christmas miracle and trying to keep our Christmas spirits up.

Praying along side you for this job and that your christmas spirit will soar :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:21 pm

tinseltown wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:I have an interview on monday with a recruiter for a university job. This came as a shock late Friday afternoon. The job is 8 months. NO clue if it is full or part time or which department it is. Even if we start the US immigration process, we will need money for shipping, cats, etc, so it will be a great boost especially if Perky winds up with no job after June. Praying for a Christmas miracle and trying to keep our Christmas spirits up.

Praying along side you for this job and that your christmas spirit will soar :smilecc:

Yes all your CAY friends are praying for your Christmas miracle Tomtemor! Keep your chin up and hopes high! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:22 pm

We're watching some classic Christmas tv shows today for a laugh, a reminder of the joy of the season and family time together!

Wishing each of you a fun-filled weekend! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Noel+ wrote:We're watching some classic Christmas tv shows today for a laugh, a reminder of the joy of the season and family time together!

Wishing each of you a fun-filled weekend! :D

Hope you enjoyed your christmas shows Noel :scene:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Yes, tinseltown, we enjoyed the Christmas flicks.

AND tomorrow & Tuesday they predict temperatures dropping to low 80's for a couple of days. After 94F temps, that feels like a little Christmas gift too! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Same here. We have high winds and rain but it still feels like christmas weather :smilecc: Was calculating what i can save this summer for my christmas fund but its going to be hard as the crisis is really hitting us in Greece . Also the lovely English shop where i get all my christmas goodies may close ,again due to the crisis . But i know whatever, :smilecc: my christmas spirit will carry me through as the true meaning of christmas is not in fancy food or lots of gifts but in our lord Jesus . :snowwow: So glad i have you guys to share my christmas thoughts, even in April. Love it :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 am

Hello Christmas friends. Sorry I've been away for a while. Life sometimes gets a little crazy here.
Extra hours at work (but no extra pay), getting my second child ready for college with tests and scholarship auditions, we had family come to visit right after Easter, and now I'm coaching my wife's softball team.

I hope your job opportunity pans out Jennifer.Image

I sure am loving these warmer temps. I got my pool pump running, now just need to uncover it. 8-)
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter