Updated July 14th O'Malley the Cat

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Updated July 14th O'Malley the Cat

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Mon May 05, 2008 7:37 pm

:scene: Christmas is a time for traditions, music, special movies, gathering with family and friends for a special dinner, decorating our homes with beautiful trees, wreaths, candles, exchanging gifts, and visits with a jolly fellow named Santa. Christmas is also a time to pamper our pets.

When I was little, Santa always left surprises for our dogs, cats, and other pets and sometimes we would receive gifts from our pets.

My husband and I are owned by a half-feral cat named, O'Malley. We have celebrated three Christmases with him and although he doesn't recognize it the way we do, he is happy to receive his shiny gift-wrap paper with a new toy and treats inside.

Our boy is getting bigger and at times he seems to be maturing and will rest quietly on his back with his paws in the air or stretched out on the guest bed in the room where I have my computer desk. I took so many pictures of him one day while he was playing with last year's Chrsitmas toy. The toy was retired at the end of the "photo shoot" because - as you will see - there was nothing left of it. He has toys he can play with anytime and others that I tuck away and take out for exercise.

Click on the image and you can see O'Malley in action.

A few picutres were a little blurry, but I had to include them to show his "wild side".

"Everyboyd wants to be a cat, because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at"...
Last edited by Auntie Mistletoe on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Auntie Mistletoe Image
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Re: Here's O'Malley the Cat

Postby Jodie » Wed May 07, 2008 1:07 am

He is so handsome AM...

Thanks for sharing his pics with us :shop:

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 07, 2008 10:30 pm

Hes a gorgeous color and he looks so inquisitve! I think he has a sense of humor too! Thanks Auntie M! :shop:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby lilnoelelf » Tue May 27, 2008 10:23 pm

AWWWWWWWWW I love the pictures! he is so very sweet!
Remember the TRUE reason for the season!!!!Image!
lilnoelelf
Bulb Tester

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Sat May 31, 2008 3:26 pm

:snowjump: Thanks, we love him and he's lucky he has us because I don't know anyone else who would put up with some of his antics and wild behaviours. Thankfully, he's beginning to mellow a bit.

I have a few more, but I can't find my camera cord to load my images. The other day he discovered a porcupine climbing the elm tree and he never saw one before. He heard the raccoons at night, but I don't know if he ever saw them - the sight of that porcupine caused him to emit sounds I don't recall even hearing on National Geographic.

My husband laughs when O'Malley poses for the camera. He's such a ham.
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Sat May 31, 2008 3:28 pm

Note to self: Check O'Malley the cat's hiding spots around here to see if he stole the cord. He's not camera shy, but he likes to hide things on us. Hmmm wonder how he would have reached the cord when it was deep in the back of the hutch the last time I saw it.
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Shhhh but Auntie I don't think O'Malley will answer that question! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:54 pm

:roll: I don't know about that. I think he logs on when he's closed in here at night and we're sleeping and I'm dreaming of Christmas.

:smilecc: I out-smarted that darn cat! I used the cord from my digital photo display to add more photos from my camera. Haha. We did a massive cleaning job and rearranged our furniture quite a bit lately and it's not hiding anywhere so it must be in my desk at work.

When I get a chance, I'll add my Spring pics to my photobucket account and share them and a few new ones of O'Malley and the porcupine that climbed our elm tree.
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Re: Updated July 14th O'Malley the Cat

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:11 pm

8-) Here are some recent photos of O'Malley the cat.

Check out O'Malley the Cat's Lair - his latest slideshow.

Right now he's having a "catnap" on the guest bed behind my computer station.
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:42 pm

O'Malley never looked more like the star he is, Auntie! He's adorable!!! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks, Noel. He's handling this diet thing pretty good. If he whines, we tell him how prrrrrrrrretty he is and he forgets for a minute that he was looking for food.

It's also been hot and humid so he hasn't felt much like eating so it's a good time to try and limit him.

I think he still weighs 21.5 lbs. but he should lose at least three if we keep him active and continue to give him a little extra TLC instead of food. He's not starving though. He eats a third less than what he was eating before.

I finally found a way to brush him so he can't wiggle away from me. On the patio table. He can't get a good footing so he just waits for me to brush him and lift him back down onto the balcony.
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Postby Winterself » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:32 am

ah hes so cute..omalley is adorable.what a little cat model there.is he a irish lad???

i had a fat cat once.we named him fatboy.lol.we found out why he kept gaining weight.cause my spanish neighbors were feeding their left over rice dinners every night.. :dinner:
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:58 pm

:smilecc: That's funny. He sure is a cat model. And yes, he's Irish.

Today I had to pick up a new MP3 player because the connection for the headphones went kaput on the old one (I can still play the music on my computer or stereo). So, I'm getting the new one ready to go, adding about four hours of music to start off with. All of a sudden there's O'Malley on top of my file cabinet, gently pawing me. I turn, he gives me a little kiss, paws me again and reaches one paw towards the MP3 player. I laughed and said, "Sorry, O'Malley it's not a camera." Gosh, he's turned into a photo-hog."
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Postby Jodie » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:13 am

I remember his kitten antics so well - he has grown into a beautiful cat.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby lilnoelelf » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:42 am

awwwwww I love the pictures of O'Malley! when I can, I will have to download some of the kids and our pets here!
Remember the TRUE reason for the season!!!!Image!
lilnoelelf
Bulb Tester

Return to Holiday Chatter