North Spring Slideshow

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

North Spring Slideshow

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:46 pm

:holly1: Prepare yourself for plenty of green - I'm a bit of a tree nut. HaHa.

My slideshow includes a few early Spring shots, but most of them were in the last three weeks. I snuck a few O'Malley photos in there too.

Two years ago we had a microburst that up-rooted some grand old trees and caused plenty of damage to property especially the homes on the lake and the marina. A town that's a forty minute drive from here got the worst of it and one of the Islands near the French River got hit pretty hard.

In my slideshow, you will see a few trees that I've been keeping an eye on since then. They were damaged pretty bad, but continue to thrive and I find it facinating to watch them "bounce back".

Just click on the first image and you're on your way. I resized the images before uploading them. Hope you like trees, blossoms and flowers, oh my!
Northern Auntie Mistletoe Image
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Re: North Spring Slideshow

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 pm

oooo that was so lovely! It is beautiful where you live! Thanks for sharing! I'd love to see those trees in Autumn too! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:51 am

I love your slideshows Auntie M! Where's that ski lift I saw in one of the photos? I assume its a lift. :flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:48 pm

Yea! That means Winter snow pictures too!!! :jump:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Winterself » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:29 pm

i only 2 pictures for some reason.it kept jumping back and forth just the 2..hum...my computer must be acting up.ill check again later...
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:13 am

Merry Sage wrote:I love your slideshows Auntie M! Where's that ski lift I saw in one of the photos? I assume its a lift. :flake:

There are two views from the top of the ski hill, one included the lift. Jack Pine ski hill is about four miles from my home. It has a variety of trails that offer fun for beginners to pros. I prefer cross-country myself. Up until the mid-80's it was just a t-bar to grab hold of, the lift made it safer for the skiers.

There are expensive homes up in that area and a new school right beside it. I was at the school for a meeting when I stopped to snap a few shots.

In 1984 a few friends and I went sliding down the hill on New Year's Eve just for fun. Big kids at heart.

You don't have to wait for Fall and Winter for more pictures - here they are ... from Dec. 07-January 08 and October 07.

Here's a glance at my Winter slideshow - where you'll see a few of the same trees minus the leaves and some pine and cedar trees that looked beautiful all covered in snow.

North Autumn Wonders - my favourite of the four seasons.

Northern Auntie Mistletoe Image
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Return to Holiday Chatter