QotM: Christmas Dreams

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

QotM: Christmas Dreams

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:26 am

Auntie mentioned in another post about a dream she had had, which reminded me of a question we asked a long time ago on the first CAY forum (and that question was originally inspired by Auntie and lightitup).

:scene: Have you ever had a dream about Christmas? (Not the daytime, wishful dreaming, but the night time, deep sleep kind.) Are they funny, weird, true to live or maybe they're more like nightmares? :lol: LOL
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Re: QotM: Christmas Dreams

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:39 am

Yes, I have had many Christmas dreams. Some are fanciful, some are filled with childhood memories, and some are slightly sad. Here is one dream:

It is Christmas Eve and the snow is gently falling outside the window at my Grandma's farmhouse. The tree is glowing, candles burn, the kitchen wafts sweet aromas throughout the house, and family hug and kiss. We walk into the huge dining room to beautifully decorated table laden with Christmas dinner. Everyone finds their name card, takes their seat, and bows their head waiting for Grampa to pray........

I open my eyes, and see empty chairs! My Grandma, Grandpa, a beloved Uncle, a wearisome Aunt, and a cherished nephew's places are all empty. I look out the window and see the snowflakes gently touching the earth..........and I awake.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:29 pm

Sometimes I wake up and my first thought is about Christmas. Although, I can't remember the specifics I know I was dreaming about it.

My Christmas dreams are usually very nice. Mostly about my family and beautiful decorations. Although, I have dreamt that it's Christmas Eve and I haven't bought a gift or put up any decorations. I only have a few hours left so I'm rushing around trying to do everything. After that dream(nightmare) I always wake up exhausted.lol :D :elf:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 pm

:scene: I still remember most of the dreams I shared in that thread, Mrs. C.

Your dream must have disturbed you Noel. I have noisy dreams sometimes where I can't make out what my relatives are saying because of where I'm sitting I'm hearing too many conversations at once or I'm wandering around trying to talk to them and nobody can hear me.

I remember having a dream once that I was vacuuming an old rug and the whole thing was being sucked into the nozzle and the hardwood floor uner it was breaking lose and under it was all kinds of cool antiques and presents still gift-wrapped.

I had hit a Christmas gold mine!

The dream was ruined by the spiders that were falling from the ceiling landing on me and I was swatting them away a little too vigorously and I woke up.

Of course, I searched under the rug, but there was no secret stash.

:elf: Another cool Christmas dream I remember was about a tiny elf.

I guess I'd been spending quite a bit of time with avatars, banners and such when I had one of the strangest dreams ever.

In my dream a teeny-tiny Elf hopped off the banner I was making and was scurrying around my place. I was trying to catch him to stick him back on the banner before O'Malley could catch him.

It was quite hilarious and such a ridiculous dream (with O'Malley and I chasing an Elf) that I woke up before I could get the Elf back onto the banner.

Sometimes, I view a computer just before waking up and I have to click exit or submit in order to wake up or change dreams.

I'm not crazy, I just dream that way.

I can't remember which dream I shared recently that reminded you of this question from the old CAY boards, but I've had a few recently. Dreaming of eating turkey isn't exactly a Christmas dream it could be a Thanksgiving dream, but I was hearing Christmas music in the background.

The other night I had a dream that I was little (about five) and my mom was holding me at the top of the stairs and I could see the presents in our livingroom and I was five again and I knew Santa was leaving surprises for me because I was his favourite.

:snowwow: One of my brothers asked me once why I thought Santa liked me best and I replied, "I felt him kiss me goodnight, but I didn't want to open my eyes in case he got mad and took everything."
Northern Auntie Mistletoe Image
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:28 pm

Thanks for sharing your dreams CandyKane and Auntie M!

All my dreams have SNOW!! :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Holiday Chatter