February QotM: Love

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

February QotM: Love

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 am

"Love is in the air" Because Valentine's Day is in February (and in some parts of Canada, there's also Family Day), I thought this question was a good one - plus I'd love to get some more ideas:

How do you celebrate those days in which love (Valentine's Day, Family Day, Anniversaries, etc) is the focus? What ways do you show and tell others that you love and care for them?
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Re: February QotM: Love

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:42 am

For Family Day, we try to hang out together as a family - board games, tobogganing (when we have enough snow), crafts, experiments, baking, those sorts of things.

For days which are more focused on couples - we usually go out the day before or the day after to avoid the rush and crowds.

On Valentine's Day we try to focus the theme on LOVE - how we love each other. The girls and I attempt to cook Daddy a nice dinner (we've done grilled cheese and spaghetti). We don't want the girls to grow up thinking that they need a boy to celebrate this day - that's why we choose to focus on loving each other. :snowwow:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby nettescraps » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:14 pm

We usually don't give each other gifts for Valentine's day or our anniversary.

For our anniversary we try to go out to dinner at a "grown-up" restaurant. You know, not Chillis, Red Robin, Red lobster, etc. The out for drinks. We also try to talk about things not related to our kids so we can focus on ourselves as a couple. It's nice.

For Valentines day we don't do much for ourselves. It's mainly for our kids. We give them a Valentine gift, a heart shaped candy box with a little toy. This year my sister and her family came over and the guys bbq'd for us while my sister and I saw a romance movie on the Lifetime network. The kids played outside with the guys so it was nice. Growing up my parents never went out alone for Valentines Day, it was always a dinner with the family.
Holiday Baker
Mother of two beautiful children, wife to a wonderful husband, and fan of holiday movies
nettescraps
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:22 pm

It varies depending on our time/funds available but the best celebrations were simple and at home!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Holiday Chatter