i don't plan to let the holiday season say "goodbye"

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

i don't plan to let the holiday season say "goodbye"

Postby DJTEEL » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:31 am

I'm going to do something that for me is weird and unusual..i'm a man and have never considered doing anything like this as i figure that women are normally the ones likely to do it..but i'm going to extend the feeling of the holiday season all year long via purchasing certain items to keep displayed in the apartment.i've noticed that many stores here in the dfw area have like fake plants and flowers as well as what i would call ...branches..like branches on a bush..sounds dull but the kind i'm speaking of are made of some kind of refelctive ,cellophane and some are made a foil looking substance..they're beautiful but i've never bought anything like that and yet i see them al the time ,usually in the lawn and garden departments./i plan to buy a lot of this stuff and arrange it through out the apartment,but not in a tacky manner. i also have two 3 foot,prelighted trees that while they are christmas trees ,i should be able to find something to pass as decorations(non holiday specific) that will look attractive hanging on the trees and offer a look of joviality/.

while browsing through the stores this holiday season i noticed quite a few things i can purchase to display inside my apartment in order to extend the jovialness of the holiday season but without the chrristmas theme being directly attached/.
none of this stuff was terribally expensive either./
>>>>>>> i found it in the last place that i looked,as they say.
what's weird is that i found it in the next place i looked also.
so now i have two of them and i only need one!!
<<<<<<<
DJTEEL
Elf Apprentice

Re: i don't plan to let the holiday season say "goodbye"

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:46 pm

That's a great idea! In the past we kept up our smaller tree and the children decorated it for each holiday. They grew tired of that saying it made Christmas less special -- their attention span was a few weeks at best!

I leave out all winter items: snowflakes/snowpeople/candles til Spring arrives here! Keeping Christmas in my heart all year long! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:12 pm

I am leaving the Mary out on my beside table all year. It gives me comfort knowing she is watching over me.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby sugarcookie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:00 pm

DJTEEL wrote:I'm going to do something that for me is weird and unusual..i'm a man and have never considered doing anything like this as i figure that women are normally the ones likely to do it..but i'm going to extend the feeling of the holiday season all year long via purchasing certain items to keep displayed in the apartment.i've noticed that many stores here in the dfw area have like fake plants and flowers as well as what i would call ...branches..like branches on a bush..sounds dull but the kind i'm speaking of are made of some kind of refelctive ,cellophane and some are made a foil looking substance..they're beautiful but i've never bought anything like that and yet i see them al the time ,usually in the lawn and garden departments./i plan to buy a lot of this stuff and arrange it through out the apartment,but not in a tacky manner. i also have two 3 foot,prelighted trees that while they are christmas trees ,i should be able to find something to pass as decorations(non holiday specific) that will look attractive hanging on the trees and offer a look of joviality/.

while browsing through the stores this holiday season i noticed quite a few things i can purchase to display inside my apartment in order to extend the jovialness of the holiday season but without the chrristmas theme being directly attached/.
none of this stuff was terribally expensive either./

That's a wonderful idea. I am going to put some lights on a tall artificial plant I have in my foyer. I think it'll help to have something reminiscent of Christmas. I'm going to take my trees down this weekend. I'm already feeling the after Christmas blues so I know I'll really be feeling them after taking the decorations down. It usually doesn't last long though. I have my Christmas music and my movies if I want to feel that holiday spirit....and of course, we have this wonderful forum to visit.
Christmas is the most magical time of the year.

sugarcookie
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Ive decided to order some of the spring Bethlehem lights flower arrangements on QVC for the rest of Spring/summer. Then out comes autumn lighted leaves paving the way til next Christmas! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby sugarcookie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Noel+ wrote:Ive decided to order some of the spring Bethlehem lights flower arrangements on QVC for the rest of Spring/summer. Then out comes autumn lighted leaves paving the way til next Christmas! :scene:

Bethlehem Lights makes wonderful products. I have some of their items. I think that having some lit up decor just adds a sense of warmth and joy to a home. You're right, it keeps us content until it's time for autumn decor, and then of course, Christmas.
Christmas is the most magical time of the year.

sugarcookie
Bulb Tester

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 am

On QVC I have always seen the battery operated remote controlled candles they have. Every year I toy with the idea of buying them too.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Return to Holiday Chatter