CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

Postby tinseltown » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:53 pm

I think my love of christmas comes from when i was small . Mine wasn't a perfect family but christmases were good . I remember leaving out a mincepie :lol: and a glass of milk for santa then going to bed and not being able to sleep . I would keep sneaking out of bed and looking through the window for Santas sleigh . I remember dad even removed the gas fire one year when i insisted that santa wouldnt get down the chimney and past that ! Even though i was restless with excitement i must have slept because christmas morning they would be a pillow case full of presents at the foot of the bed . Having no heating in the bedrooms and England being so cold ,the windows would be frosted up so mum would say Jack Frost had touched them in the night . I remember at school getting ready for the nativity play and singing carols in assembly . Our christmas tree must have been not more than foot high with old decorations but to me it was magical , especially the cotton wool we would put around the bottom as snow with a tiny santa nestled there i would hoo and ha for hours while staring at it . Maybe thats why i love christmas so much it conjures up times of innocence and belief that only a child can have . Its true when thy say christmas brings out the child in all of us :gbhouse:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Re: CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

Postby ShellAvery » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 am

tinseltown wrote:i love christmas so much it conjures up times of innocence and belief that only a child can have . Its true when thy say christmas brings out the child in all of us :gbhouse:

That's the truth. I've always loved it because it brings the family together regardless of what else is going on.
ShellAvery
Elf Apprentice

Return to Holiday Chatter