CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:16 pm

Time to start the new countdown January 1st! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Re: CHRIDTMAS 2015

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:44 pm

Happy New Year!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:04 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR too!'

365 days til Christmas 2015! :smilecc:
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:32 am

Happy New Year to all my Christmas friends! Had a quiet new year's eve at home and doing some neglected chores today. Having a Southern new year's dinner late of pork tenderloin, black eyed peas and greens (kale I Think, not sure of the Swedish), sweet potatoes, leftover asparagus from Swedish new year's eve dinner last night, and leftover chocolate pudding, oh yeah, and cornbread!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Puternut » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:54 am

And OMG today it begins and a sad day at my house it all begins to come down starting with extension cords and timers, outside. :cry:
Puternut
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:32 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Happy New Year to all my Christmas friends! Had a quiet new year's eve at home and doing some neglected chores today. Having a Southern new year's dinner late of pork tenderloin, black eyed peas and greens (kale I Think, not sure of the Swedish), sweet potatoes, leftover asparagus from Swedish new year's eve dinner last night, and leftover chocolate pudding, oh yeah, and cornbread!

Happy New year Jolly. :D

We're having a southern dinner too: ham; toasted red potatoes with herbs;corn; yeast rolls & chocolate cheesecakes.

Just finished watching the Rose Bowl parade. Fixing snacks for football.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Puternut wrote:Image
And OMG today it begins and a sad day at my house it all begins to come down starting with extension cords and timers, outside. :cry:

:cry: We start unpacking Christmas tomorrow. It is always s bittersweet experience Puternut.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:56 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Happy New Year to all my Christmas friends! Had a quiet new year's eve at home and doing some neglected chores today. Having a Southern new year's dinner late of pork tenderloin, black eyed peas and greens (kale I Think, not sure of the Swedish), sweet potatoes, leftover asparagus from Swedish new year's eve dinner last night, and leftover chocolate pudding, oh yeah, and cornbread!

Happy New year Jolly. :D

We're having a southern dinner too: ham; toasted red potatoes with herbs;corn; yeast rolls & chocolate cheesecakes.

Just finished watching the Rose Bowl parade. Fixing snacks for football.

oh how I miss the Rose Parade! It's almost as much fun as Christmas! The spicy pork tenderloin was GREAT, but my peas and greens got tossed out after dinner. Definitely not a repeat!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Happy New Year everyone! I just got back from a late lunch party at a friends. It was a nice relaxing way to bring in the new year. I am going to try and focus on staying positive and doing things that are only going to make me and my family/friends happy. Time to cut the stress out. I am in control of how stressed I get. Exercise and you folks here at Christmas All Year will help with that. A peaceful, happy, and healthy New Year to everyone! :balloons: :D

Keep Christmas and all of the love hat goes with it in your heart all year long!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Thank you kiwidogy. So happy your New Years day is cheerful & joyous! We definitely are all here to inspire & encourage each other on the long pathway until next Christmas. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:17 am

I am inspired to spend a night camping out under the Christmas tree in he living room. There is just something abut falling asleep under those lights and branches that sounds very appealing. Maybe tomorrow night.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:35 am

Unfortunately, the first real task of the new year is trying to get the cat to the vet. Every trip is a struggle which invariably will end with my blood being shed and the cat not liking me for a day or two. *Sigh*. Time to put on the gloves and get to it. Think happy thoughts...think Christmas thoughts.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:53 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Unfortunately, the first real task of the new year is trying to get the cat to the vet. Every trip is a struggle which invariably will end with my blood being shed and the cat not liking me for a day or two. *Sigh*. Time to put on the gloves and get to it. Think happy thoughts...think Christmas thoughts.

One of our cats screeches & hides when she sees the carrier. I feel your frustration Kiwi. Sing Christmas tunes. It won't help the cat but you'll be merrier.

:whistle:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:43 am

Noel, you will be happy to know that we did in fact listen to Christmas music on the car ride to the vet...even if it was me singing them. Everything went smoothly. no for some candy that I received in my Christmas stocking.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:45 am

I have seen posts about setting up a "Christmas in July" bag when getting ready to take down your decorations. What types of decorations have you CAY'ers that have done this packed in the bag? I am just curious what you bring out in July.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:17 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, you will be happy to know that we did in fact listen to Christmas music on the car ride to the vet...even if it was me singing them. Everything went smoothly. no for some candy that I received in my Christmas stocking.

Doing the Christmas happy dance! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:20 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I have seen posts about setting up a "Christmas in July" bag when getting ready to take down your decorations. What types of decorations have you CAY'ers that have done this packed in the bag? I am just curious what you bring out in July.

Jolly is the one started the Christmas in July bag idea. :D

I loved thus idea so started a box marked for July. It's a real time saver.
our box differs each year. As I finish packing up Christmas I select items yo put out Christmas in July. A fave of mine is battery operated candles & snowmen everythi :wink: ng!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:22 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am inspired to spend a night camping out under the Christmas tree in he living room. There is just something abut falling asleep under those lights and branches that sounds very appealing. Maybe tomorrow night.

I used to do that Before I came to Sweden. unfortunately, not enough floor space under the 2ft tree. ;-)

Swedes, however, also put Christmas lights INSIDE which drives me nuts.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:30 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I have seen posts about setting up a "Christmas in July" bag when getting ready to take down your decorations. What types of decorations have you CAY'ers that have done this packed in the bag? I am just curious what you bring out in July.

We started the Christmas in July bag when I read that you should have a bag where you put the things that accidentally get left over at the end of the season. From there it expanded to "emergency Christmas" one year when hubby was too sick to bring up the big boxes from the basement. It has just enough to make me feel I have decorated "a Little" and takes about 15 minutes to put up. It contains garland, ornaments from the dollar store that say "merry christmas", hawaiian decorations (set of 10 ornaments) for the Christmas in july tree, plastic Shell garland from ebay, sea Shell star for the top of the 2 ft Christmas in july tree. It also has the small Swedish style decorations I use in the kitchen for regular christmas, some gold and blue beads, now two fake Cardinals I brought back from Texas, a Swedish advent Candle holder, with the gnome garden decorations in a ziploc, 2 christmas rugs with cats on them, some banners I just bought, and a crayfish ornament for Crayfish Chrismtas in August. It sounds like alot, but it is all light, easily compact, and fits in a plastic bag with a zipper to keep the cats out.Since we were only home for two weeks in the middle of the season this year, the emergency chrismtas bag is all we put out. It is just enough to look and feel festive. Since it does not require hubby's help, I feel freer to put stuff up when I want to rather than wait for the Swedish calendar.

Our Christmas in July theme is Hawaiian, so I add something small every year. Last year it was a Beach Christmas kitchen towel. Christmas in August just changed from Korean to Crayfish Christmas to include the Swedish crayfish month in August. It saves us from having to come up with two themes during a very busy time at my job.
For Christmas in August, I only put up the green and pink fleur de lis banner I just got, and a merry christmas sign, also soon to be the crayfish ornament. We are not allowed to hang anyting on the walls so all the book cases have hooks on the front and sides.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:52 pm

still trying to come up with some fun things for undecorating day........anyone have any suggestions for the post christmas blues?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Next

Return to Holiday Chatter