Elf on the Shelf

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Elf on the Shelf

Postby CandyKane » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Got any great elf on a shelf ideas? I've pinned lots on Pinterest but am on the lookout for unique ideas. I do elf on the shelf for my dd from Thanksgiving night until Christmas Eve so I need a variety of ideas.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Re: Elf on the Shelf

Postby Noel+ » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:01 pm

[color=#4000B/F]My family moves the Elf all over the house from every room. In cereal hoses....in the freezers/refrigerator.....on the vaccine. Not sure that's unique but anything goes.[/color] :muffs:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:14 am

I hadn't heard of Elf on a Shelf until a couple of years ago. Our youngest( who will be 11 next week) really hoped for one to arrive last year. So the Sunday morning that we go and get our real Christmas tree, our Elf arrived. She named her Susan Snowflake (Suzy). I found ideas on Pinterest and used them. When Suzy left she wrote a
Little goodbye note on our bathroom mirror. :) Our youngest is looking forward to Suzy's arrival this year. I love that she is still so excited about Christmas.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:22 am

How much Christmas fun that is for you & family Mistletoe Misfit! Suzy is a great name too. Thanks for sharing your Elf story with everyone. :elfgrin:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:10 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:I hadn't heard of Elf on a Shelf until a couple of years ago. Our youngest( who will be 11 next week) really hoped for one to arrive last year. So the Sunday morning that we go and get our real Christmas tree, our Elf arrived. She named her Susan Snowflake (Suzy). I found ideas on Pinterest and used them. When Suzy left she wrote a
Little goodbye note on our bathroom mirror. :) Our youngest is looking forward to Suzy's arrival this year. I love that she is still so excited about Christmas.

Our elf arrived when dd was at school. She named her Sparkle. Pinterest has been my biggest inspiration too although I can't pin anything because my daughter stalks my Pinterest and my Facebook. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Just found a cute idea on Pinterest. Just mark an x or an o on the end of mini marshmallows to set up a game of tic taco toe with your elf :elf:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:55 pm

That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing! Pinterest is awesome too!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:27 pm

CK I shared your great idea with Sunday School teachers! They loved it. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:16 am

Time to start looking for new ideas. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:09 am

I wish our kids were little again. :cry:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Last year the elf brought a few small gifts. This year it won't be doing that. It'll just be in cute situations. I think it's more special that way. :scene: l

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:54 pm

I'm thinking about adding Christopher Pop in kins to the elf fun this year.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:13 am

What fun that would be CC!! :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Winterself » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:08 pm

i so want a ELF i think kmart has them for twenty dollars if im correct.. :elfgrin:
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:51 am

Winterself wrote:i so want a ELF i think kmart has them for twenty dollars if im correct.. :elfgrin:

You should treat yourself to one Winterself. They are great Christmas fun. :elfgrin: :elf: :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:22 am

CandyKane wrote:
Winterself wrote:i so want a ELF i think kmart has them for twenty dollars if im correct.. :elfgrin:

You should treat yourself to one Winterself. They are great Christmas fun. :elfgrin: :elf: :elfgrin:

Yes I agree with CK: treat yourself Winterself!! :elfgrin:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:31 am

I saw another cute elf on the shelf idea. You set you elf in an empty candy cane box holding one candy cane with a sign saying 'can you find all 12'? :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:28 am

CandyKane wrote:I saw another cute elf on the shelf idea. You set you elf in an empty candy cane box holding one candy cane with a sign saying 'can you find all 12'? :smilecc:

Very Christmas Elf ute! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Winterself » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:34 am

well i did it..i couldnt take all the cute Elfs in the adds this year so i ordered me a girl/boy set on ebay...cant wait to get them...i got a great deal too.cant wait to do some fun things them.. :smilecc:
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Winterself wrote:well i did it..i couldnt take all the cute Elfs in the adds this year so i ordered me a girl/boy set on ebay...cant wait to get them...i got a great deal too.cant wait to do some fun things them.. :smilecc:

Let the games begin! :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Next

Return to Holiday Chatter