Toronto Santa Claus Parade

Christmas-themed events around the world, as well as any forum events.

Re: Toronto Santa Claus Parade

Postby smartygirl » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:07 pm

a little post-parade report... it was amazing! we were at spadina & bloor (near-ish to the beginning), and as someone suggested on another thread, the pacing wasn't ideal - there were points where they were "parked" for a few minutes. but great! people started lining up at around 9:30, parade officially started at 12:30, but there were a few entertainments before then - a bus of "celebrity" clowns, costumed people distributing candy and chalk (for drawing on the pavement), posties collecting letters to santa, etc. lots of fun!! and just so exciting to be in a big crowd of christmas freaks too!
smartygirl
Elf Apprentice

Postby Mrs.Claus » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Glad you had a good time! Parades are always so much fun!

:toychase:

(The closest smilie I have to a parade)
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:16 pm

Glad to know you had so much and fun and appreciate the post-parade report! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby gameshowguy2000 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:53 am

Noel+ wrote:I wish we had a parade here but in near 100F temps it would be self defeating to look at fake snow/Santa/reindeer. :x

I assume you live in the Southern hemisphere (and if it's winter in the Northern Hemisphere, it's summer in the Southern hemisphere).
"Who would imagine, who could imagine, who would imagine a king?"-Whitney Houston, The Preacher's Wife, 1996

gameshowguy2000
Tinsel Thrower

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:50 am

gameshowguy2000 wrote:
Noel+ wrote:I wish we had a parade here but in near 100F temps it would be self defeating to look at fake snow/Santa/reindeer. :x

I assume you live in the Southern hemisphere (and if it's winter in the Northern Hemisphere, it's summer in the Southern hemisphere).

I live in the Southwestern USA where we've had record high temps of over 105F all summer long. Its usually 100=104F for Halloween and 90ish for Thanksgiving. I came from the midwest and miss those chilly Autumn days and snowy Christmas Eves!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby gameshowguy2000 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Noel+ wrote:I live in the Southwestern USA where we've had record high temps of over 105F all summer long. Its usually 100=104F for Halloween and 90ish for Thanksgiving. I came from the midwest and miss those chilly Autumn days and snowy Christmas Eves!

And that explains why Kevin was angered by the family's decision to go to Miami in "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York", as he said, "Who wants to spend Christmas in a tropical climate anyway?" in addition to discovering that there were no Christmas trees in Florida. Good thing he ended up taking the NYC flight so he could see the big Rockefeller tree.
"Who would imagine, who could imagine, who would imagine a king?"-Whitney Houston, The Preacher's Wife, 1996

gameshowguy2000
Tinsel Thrower

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:46 am

That's a perfect point gameshowguy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:03 pm

I've heard a few complaints this year about the parade. Mostly that it was long between floats. They sent out the clowns a really early before the parade start time, thinking that they are usually the hold up because they stop and interact with the crowd, but they were through the parade much faster than anticipated. Also because they were televising live this year (the first time), they would stop the parade at the TV spot during commercials so the TV audience wouldn't miss anything.

Did anyone go to it or see it this year?
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:50 pm

:D I always love reading about your Santa Claus parade every year Mrs. C. It sounds so heartwarming........more personal than our Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. It wasn't televised here.........maybe next year! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 am

We had a festival of lights this past weekend that culminated in a parade. A fun weekend that I hope they choose to continue this in the years to come. :elfgrin:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:31 am

Here is the you tube link for past clips of the Toronto Santa Claus parade.http://www.youtube.com/user/thesantaclausparade
I thought I would post it here as well.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:51 pm

There is a Santa 5 k run that I am considering running in (even though I am not really a runner). All runner have to wear a Santa suit!! :smilecc:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:52 pm

And to top it off...the run ends with breakfast and beer at a local Irish pub!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:24 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:There is a Santa 5 k run that I am considering running in (even though I am not really a runner). All runner have to wear a Santa suit!! :smilecc:

That's awesome! Go for it! :D
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 am

This years Toronto Santa Claus Parade is Sunday November 18th. We went last year and are planning on going again this year. We are lucky that my sister and bil live in TO and it is only a 10 minute drive from their place to where the parade starts. We still have to be at our spot on the parade route 3 hours ahead of time so we can have a curb side seat though. But is is well worth the wait! :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:42 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:This years Toronto Santa Claus Parade is Sunday November 18th. We went last year and are planning on going again this year. We are lucky that my sister and bil live in TO and it is only a 10 minute drive from their place to where the parade starts. We still have to be at our spot on the parade route 3 hours ahead of time so we can have a curb side seat though. But is is well worth the wait! :smilecc:

What a fun way to start the Christmas :smilecc: season MM! Hope you fan a great time!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 pm

That sounds like so much fun. I wish I could be there too.
But most of all I wish you and your family and blessed a magical time.
:santagifts: Ho Ho Ho!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:45 pm

Hope you Canadians will post a picture from 2015 Toronto Santa Claus Christmas parade. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:39 am

I wish we could go. But hopefully we can watch it on tv the day of, if there is no hockey to attend that afternoon.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:34 pm

Thankfully Mrs. C usually posts an update with photo on the facebook page each year for us to view. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Happenings