09 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Christmas-themed events around the world, as well as any forum events.

09 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Postby Pretjah » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:55 am

the MAcy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has become one of my favorite holiday events. as my kids get older they enjoy watching it with me more each year as well. they actually ask me to show them clips from youtube of older parades because they like them so much.

traditionally my family always started decorating the day after thanksgiving but the last 4 or 5 years i've tried to have the inside of the house mostly decorated by thanksgiving so i can enjoy the decorations of the tree, candles, snowmen, and my train village while the parade is on.

i was just on the wikipedia parade page and saw that there will be a few new balloons this year

"2009: Pillsbury Doughboy, Mickey Mouse (4th version; "Cruiseship Mickey"), Ronald McDonald (3rd version), Spider-Man (2nd version)[10]"

just thought i'd share that info for anyone else who enjoys this as part of their christmas celebration as well
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Re: 09 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks Pretjah for sharing the information on the parade.
I enjoy watching it every year. My older children are in school when it is on, but my youngest is home on Thursdays so we will watch it together again this year. It is my second favourite parade, first being the Toronto Santa Claus parade.
I love the balloons, it amazes me how well it is put together every year, with all the floats and balloons. :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Re: 09 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:39 am

:peekleaves2: Yes the Macy's parade is the signal of the Christmas season! I love Miracle on 34th Street [original] and the parade is a reminder of childhood joys.

And Pretjah, I now try to decorate before Christmas too! My adult family members complain it is comercial.........but I want to have time to enjoy all the trimmings too during a hectic work schedule.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Holiday Happenings