1200 POSTS BY CHRISTMAS 2009

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 1200 POSTS BY CHRISTMAS 2009

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:59 pm

We're getting so close to our goal of 1200 posts before Christmas. I wonder what day we'll finish it up on. :think:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:10 pm

The ZhuZhus are Safe!! This is really good news to alot of us this Christmas.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnews/20091208 ... oysaresafe

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Todays mail brought my package from the Swiss Colony. A Christmas gift for my Mom--a fruitcake. And a Christmas gift for me--a free box of chocolates. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:57 pm

Here's a link with instructions for making candy Christmas trees.

http://southernhospitalityblog.com/maki ... mas-trees/ :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:17 am

CandyKane wrote:The ZhuZhus are Safe!! This is really good news to alot of us this Christmas.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnews/20091208 ... oysaresafe

There are many relieved and happy parents out there this Christmas with that news! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am

Scrooge showed up at work this week. They changed schedules so now I work the entire week of Christmas, even the day after, at the hospital. No telecommuting -- I am so sad.

They are demoting several of us -- less pay stresses the entire family and I loved the challenge of my job.

It's all about the bottom dollar to save the company.

I work this Saturday and need Sunday to reflect on the core of Christmas. :cry:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:46 am

OH,Noel! I am sorry that mean old Scrooge showed up. Right before Christmas even. Any time of year is bad but they could have waited until after to deliver such devastating news. I also can't believe they are making you work that whole week. They wont even give you Christmas off. My thoughts are going out to you. You have had the toughest few years my Christmas friend and yet you always endure and stay strong and positive. Your an inspiration to me.
I am wishing you and your family a Happy New Year and that with it will come some amazing, positive changes. You are certainly long over due and deserving. :angelpray:
Ange
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Noel - I agree with mistletoe - you are very deserving and if you're work can't see that at least your family and friends do!

This week has been absolutely crazy - I finally have some much needed down time. Monday I had a woman's Christmas event at church, Tuesday is my day at school and then in the evening I had to attend the School Community Council meeting - mostly social time with a little bit of business thrown in. Wednesday a bit of a break, but then girls had church choir in the evening. Thursday is my day at school, but went on a field trip - mostly outdoors (in the cold wind, ice and snow) - not a bad time though was totally exhausted. Suffice it to say, I haven't cooked a meal all week and have no idea what to have for supper tonight. Might eat out again and get some much needed Christmas shopping done. Whew I'm tired just typing it. :sleephat:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Oh Noel---I am so sorry to hear about your problems at work. MM is so right, problems are stressful at any time of the year but having them at Christmas just makes them so much worse. My best wishes and prayers to you and your wonderful family. I just hope that you can maintain your amazing Christmas Spirit. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:31 pm

I'm heading out to take my little "Angel" to church to practice for the Christmas program. :angelmerry:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:36 pm

My three were all at school today and I didn't have any wee ones to take care of. So off to the nearest city and mall I went. I picked up a couple more Christmas gifts, and two birthday gifts. Both daughters each have Birthday parties to attend tomorrow afternoon.
Well if there was any doubt about winter arriving here, there is definitely no doubt now. :lol: It's a chilly -7 with the wind making it feel like -16 :snowwow:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Today it is off to birthday parties for the girls. DS and I will be taking a fun, trip to the grocery store. :roll: He is thrilled as you can well imagine. :lol:
Tomorrow it is our traditional Christmas tree hunt in the morning. Afternoon and evening will be spent watching DS and DD7 playing hockey.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Here's a link for a picture and story about a cute Christmas light display.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-be ... html?yhp=1

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Just heading out for our annual Christmas fun day out with our friends. Hope everyone has a great day. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:42 pm

Picked up DD7 from party, DS and I had a blast shopping. :laugh:
There certainly are some Bah humbugs out there. We ran in to a few at the grocery store today.When DS and I were at the check out. The fellow behind us makes a statement to the young girl working cash. "Isn't it great at Christmas time." I thought perhaps he was joking around. I gave a little giggle. Well if looks could kill, I would be dead 10 times over. I kind of feel sorry for him though, to be that miserable can not be a good way to live ones life. Poor fellow, I hope someone comes around to put a smile on his face this Christmas. :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Just got back from Sunday school, a little somber mood this Sunday, our pastor lost his wife the past week and it felt wierd not having her in the church this morning.

Anyway, busy week this week, three different school Christmas programs on three different days, can't wait for this week to be over so the kids are home and we can start doing all the little things that we like to do during Christmas.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jodie » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Oh Noel, I am so sorry that your work is being so very grinchy...

Well I have officially finished my Christmas shopping - it is all wrapped and under the tree (bar one present which has not arrived yet)...

Can you believe I still have not decided on a menu for Christmas eve or Christmas day - I have found so many great recipes that I want to try but feel funny about diverting from our traditional meals... I might put it to the vote and see what everyone wants...

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:16 am

Well another busy week coming up. Monday having lunch with friend - very nice. Tuesday the kids' church choir will be singing at a nursing/retirement home. Wednesday is all about preparing for Thursday. Thursday school concert. Friday - kids get out of school an hour early - woohoo!!! and then the real shopping begins. :shop:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:47 am

Have logged off of work early this morning, I am just having one of those days where I don't care about it, so it is best for me to just log off and take a deep breath before giving it ago again.

I don't want to say it but I believe the pressure of Christmas is getting to me, I just want to take a break from life for a moment and I know I will be okay, anyone else ever felt that way. :holly1:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:57 am

What a busy weekend we had. Friday night was our Christmas program practice. All the kids did very well, except for mine. :laugh: She was so wild I didn't think she was ever going to calm down. And Saturday was a full day of fun out shopping with our friends. Then yesterday morning at church the kids finished making the gifts for their parents and grandparents. And last night was the program. The kids all did a wonderful job, even mine. :laugh: I was so proud of them all. It could not have gone better. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter