1200 POSTS BY CHRISTMAS 2009

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 1200 POSTS BY CHRISTMAS 2009

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:58 am

We're having some friends over tonight for a small Christmas gathering here at home. But tonight's going to be simple. Pizza and gifts for the kids. :shop: :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Pretjah » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:30 pm

ugggh i'm not looking forward to tonight

tonight is going to be a long night for wife and I - alot of cleaning has to be done tonight!!!!!! ugggh
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Today's mail brought a box full of Christmas cards. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jodie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Wow we are so close to Christmas now...

I have just posted the last of the cards and presents away to family and friends...

Now the real fun begins - I have decorated, the inside but outside is yet to be finished off. It has been too hot to get on the roof in the afternoon and we work all day.

I have sort of made the menu's for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day:
Christmas Eve:
Roast Turkey and Baked Ham
Crunchy roast potatoes and pumpkin
Honey roasted carrots and parsnips
Peas
Gravy and home made bread rolls
Dessert is going to be a pavlova with cream and berries (and Christmas pudding, custard and ice cream for the traditionalists).

Christmas Day:
Christmas morning Cinnamon rolls - hot from the oven, while we open presents
Lunch is mini prawn cocktails served in baby lettuce cups or mini chicken salads served in lettuce cups
Cold left over meats, potato salad, oyster kilpatrick and a green salad
Dessert is going to be trifle or left over pavlova from Christmas Eve (not sure yet).

I still have lots of baking to do - fruit mince pies, pecan pie, pumpkin pie (not sure which one yet.. Some shortbread, christmas rocky road and of course rumballs

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:49 am

Christmas is overwhelming this year as I try regain strength from the H1N1 virus. Its going to be simplest Christmas yet. My cards are not written.........gifts not wrapped or mailed.........just trying to survive work/home.

Sorry to be away so long -- hope you're all enjoying the Christmasy season! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:43 pm

We had a really fun time with our friends last night. The kids really enjoyed their Christmas gifts. And I got the neatest gift. It's a tote bag filled with scrapbook supplies. :treeclap:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:46 pm

December is flying by in a blur. On top of everything else that's going on right now, I have to go to jury duty orientation this week. I was hoping it would be after Christmas, but I guess it's okay that I'm getting it over with now.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm still waiting for hubby's Christmas gifts to arrive. They should be delivered anytime then I can finish up my wrapping. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:00 pm

We're having computer problems! Miss ya'll! :smilecc:

I finally finished my work Christmas cards for today's Secret Santa gift exchange and potluck! Now I have the rest of the department to do and all our personal ones.
Wrapping gifts/mailing packages on Thursday.

Christmas is coming at flying reindeer speed! I'm not ready yet!

Oh. well.........holly jolly, ho-ho-ho! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 am

yeah single figure days until christmas!!!!!
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Three Christmas programs down, one more to go tomorrow. I am really getting excited for the kids Christmas break, I have already planned the few evenings before Christmas so we can go out and enjoy the rest of the season before the big day gets here. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:31 pm

Hubby's Christmas gifts were delivered this afternoon and I just finished wrapping them. So I am officially ready for Christmas! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:34 pm

My Mom took dd to the library today and they were giving out Christmas gifts...cute children's books. Dd is so proud of her book. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:09 pm

I saw the amazing story of Rudolph the blind and deaf dachshund on the news tonight. I just had to post it for an inspirational Christmas story.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-3142 ... sabilities

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:10 am

Awesome story CandyKane!
Our youngest who is in senior kindergarten had her last day of school yesterday. Our other two children are finished for the holidays tomorrow. DD5 received a book as a Christmas gift yesterday from her teacher. :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:08 pm

I have received some beautiful Christmas cards this year. There were 2 more in the mail today. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:11 pm

We finally were able to decorate our real Christmas tree tonight. DH and I brought it in last night and set it up in the tree stand. It was frozen and needed overnight to defrost and drop. DH and I put the lights on. The kids and I decorated it together, DH placed his two fishing ornaments. :treewiggle:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:12 pm

I have looked everywhere for my Prancer dvd and I can't find it. :reindeer2: It's one of my favorite Christmas movies so I guess I'll have to buy another one. I did a search on my television guide and set my dvr to record it this Sunday. At least I'll get to see it before Christmas. :treeclap:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:16 pm

Today was national free shipping day where over 700 online sites were offering free shipping and guaranteed Christmas delivery. Fortunately my shopping is done. I'm different than most people. I would much rather wait for the after-Christmas sales than go out black Friday shopping. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:17 pm

This is post #1100. Only 1 week and 100 more posts for us to reach our goal of 1200 posts before Christmas. :merrysleigh:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter