1200 POSTS BY CHRISTMAS 2009

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 1200 POSTS BY CHRISTMAS 2009

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 am

The children and I had a great time decorating "treezilla" last night. We have affectionately named it this, due to it's massive height and over all size. We were in search of a slightly smaller Christmas tree this year. Something happens when we get out to the tree farm. Someone spots a beautiful full tree and decides this is the one. Of course no one else in the family disagrees with this person. :roll: :laugh:
Even sweet DH had no idea how big it was until he brought it in. We had a spot in the corner of the dining room for it to go. :lol: That didn't work out, we had to move the china cabinet to the corner and put the tree in it's spot. The tree required the highest point of the cathedral ceiling plus a little more.
:treewiggle: :treegifts: :treewiggle:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:05 pm

MM---We always had the same problem with Christmas trees when I was growing up. Dad would take us out on the farm to find the 'perfect' tree. And no matter what, when we got it home it was always too big for the corner it was to go in. We didn't even bother with a tree topper because the top was always bent over on the ceiling. :laugh:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:07 pm

My parents have put up a real Christmas tree again this year. Amazingly it's just the right size. I guess 'cause Dad didn't have us kids helping him pick it out. :D Their house smells so good. I miss having a real tree. :|

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:08 pm

We have a very slight chance of having a White Christmas this year. Even a dusting of snow would really make the Christmas lights sparkle. :gbhouse:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:11 pm

I got an unexpected Christmas gift today. The bank called to say that they had deposited $100 in our account because we had earned it on our points debit card and it would expire at the end of the year so they took care of it for us. Woohoo! I used the money to finish up my Christmas grocery shopping. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:54 pm

We're taking a break and enjoying a quiet evening at home tonight. We just watched Frosty and now we're watching Christmas Vacation. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Germany made the first artificial Christmas trees. They were made of goose feathers and dyed green.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:04 am

Ive been gone so long, I guess, that I had to login and set a new password. :shock:

Afer 8 straight days of work and no sleep Wednesday night [Mom] I am totally exhausted. I work Mon-Thursday but am off Christmas Day. I am so tired I cannot "feel" Christmas this year.

My cards are not sent; my packages not all mailed. No gifts wrapped. No goodies baked.

But Christmas comes in remembrance of Jesus...........and my stuff can wait til later if it must be that way.

Wishing ya'll a magical feeling that accompanies this time of year. :flake:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:38 am

CandyKane wrote:MM---We always had the same problem with Christmas trees when I was growing up. Dad would take us out on the farm to find the 'perfect' tree. And no matter what, when we got it home it was always too big for the corner it was to go in. We didn't even bother with a tree topper because the top was always bent over on the ceiling. :laugh:

LOL
No room for the angel on our Christmas tree either. We could cut the top off I suppose, but I don't wish for hubby to get up on a ladder with a saw, not worth the risk. :treewiggle:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:43 am

I went Christmas shopping with a friend last night. It was really nice, usually I am rushed for time when I go, last night the stores were open late and we could take as long as we wanted. It wasn't overly busy or crazy. :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:35 pm

Noel---I know I've said it many times before, but I really do admire you for keeping your wonderful Christmas Spirit despite all the hardships that you have faced this year. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:38 pm

My Mom called me really early this morning and wanted me to go shopping with her. She needed a few more gifts for the grandkids then wanted to finish the grocery shopping. I should really stay out of the grocery store because I just went in to grab a couple things I forgot yesterday and I ended up with another cart full of stuff. But at least I won't need to go back to the grocery store until after Christmas. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:50 pm

My Sunday School class will be finishing all the Christmas activities tomorrow. I found some really simple card making supplies and thought they could use them to make 'Happy Birthday Jesus' cards. :nav1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby lilnoelelf » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Hey All!

Wanted to touch base with all my friends here. the Christmas season is in full swing here as we Have our Chirch Program tomorrow and all 6 of the older kids is in it! DH has been busy around the house with all the kids myself and my DB and dear SIL mking the place look so warm and so very Christmas! Ihave a new picture for y'all of the kids this year thought you would enjoy it and you can see what a difference a year makes! I didn't relize how much they all had grown untill I looked at the picture I posted from last year!
I hope everyone is having a Blessed time and I'll keep everyone in my prayers! HUGS to all!
left ro right top row:DD,DS,DS
bottom Left to Right: DD holding DSyear old now!),DD holding DN(11months old now!),DD
Remember the TRUE reason for the season!!!!Image!
lilnoelelf
Bulb Tester

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:55 pm

LIlnoelelf---Thanks for posting this beautiful family pic. The kids are all adorable. I'm glad you found the time to drop by and update us all on your families plans for Christmas. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:22 am

LIlnoelelf! Your children/family are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this photo with us! Wishing you the merriest of the Merry Christmas'!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:23 am

CandyKane wrote:Noel---I know I've said it many times before, but I really do admire you for keeping your wonderful Christmas Spirit despite all the hardships that you have faced this year. :rabstar:

Oh, you are so sweet CandyKane.

Tomorrow is my mother's birthday and we are all going to watch the movie The Nativity Story to place our hearts in the right place for Christmas Day!

Everything else is just icing.......... :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:17 am

Hello Lilnoelelf! :smilecc:
Thanks so much for the update!
What a great picture!
Merry Christmas to you and your family! :merrysleigh:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Well, we are getting down to crunch time, hope everyone has a great week and a Merry Christmas, going to be a busy week so don't know how many times I will be on here throughout the week so wanted to get that say Merry Christmas to everyone right now. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jodie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Just wanted to pop in say thanks to ksrjreed, I received your lovely Christmas card on Saturday - it was just the pick me up I needed...

CandyKane if you want the smell of a real tree in your house, you can just collect some small branches and put them in a vase with some water - surround it with pine cones painted gold and silver and it is a really lovely display and smells so good...

I am yet to take pics of all the decorations and the trees up but will get them soon and post them...

It is so lovely to read what everyone is doing and where they are up to with their Christmas planning...

We are so very close now

Jodie
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter